Capital City Bank

Capital City Bank Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Capital City Bank Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Capital City Bank William G. Smith Jr.

William G. Smith Jr.

Great company to work for!

Lead Teller (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsOpportunities for growth! One of the most well-known small banks in the area!

ConsDon't pay as much as other major financial institutions!

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter salaries!

Eh

ProsUmm its an alright place to get a start especially if you dont have a college degree, but if you get a degree dont waste your time here.

ConsLow pay. They are continually looking for ways to cut down on salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe people have welcomed me with open arms. Benifits package. Career stability.

ConsManditory Saturdays are hard for a full time student, single mom but the benifits are worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would ask that the management To be a little flexible with the scheduling. I understand paying my dues but I think I pay more in day care then I make.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsMost of the people are nice and good to work with. Overall positve atmosphere

Consmost of the senoir management is very aloof. they don't seem very interested in the day to functions of associates lower down the ladder. Most have long relationships with the Smith family.

I don't think the bank is as healthy as it promotes itself

Advice to Senior Managementprovide your associates more feedback. the bank is bigger than Tallahasse and what works in FLA may not work in other markets

Positive.

Teller (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsA great place to begin your career and get into the field. Highly suggested to start as a part time teller to gain experience. If you show that you are serious about your job and do the best that you can, you will get the attention of management. The positive thing about working for a smaller company is that you can stick out if you're good at what you do.

ConsLimited overall coverage of locations. Offices (branches) are only in smaller cities in Northern Florida, AL, and GA.

Advice to Senior ManagementObviously better compensation, but they do what they can.

Almost Okay

Teller II (Current Employee) West Point, GA

ProsJob security is one of the better reasons to work for CCB. As other banks are failing, CCB stands strong thanks to CEO Bill Smith. Benefits are good, pay is honestly competitive.

ConsThis may not ring true for every CCB, but from my experiences, some members of management have no clue how to manage. This is a problem anywhere, but it is extremely frustrating in a work environment where the public is always around and where management and employees NEED to always be on the same page. This was the nice way of putting it. Bottom line, my supervisors couldn't type so one can only imagine how lacking their managerial abilities were.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery CCB office should have different rules and prcedures, because what holds true for one office may cause undue hardship at other offices.

Good Company, but not much room for career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsMost associates are seasoned, knowledgeable and are always willing to share their knowledge.

ConsThere is only so far you can grow with your career. After a certain point its more about who you know than whether your are qualified.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your greatest resource. Listen to them and be open to the changes they suggest.

Worked for Capital City Bank? Contribute to the Community!