Capital One Auto Finance
www.capitalone.com Plano, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Capital One Auto Finance Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Mar 5, 2014
Capital One Auto Finance – Plano – “New COAF buiding”

Capital One Auto Finance Chairman; Chairman and CEO, Capital One Financial Corporation Rich Fairbank

Rich Fairbank

37 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Data Oriented Culture with really smart people.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than a year

ProsPuts an emphasis on hiring smart people - definitely leans to more mathematical intelligence than interpersonal/innovation.

ConsVery model driven to the extent that other opportunities for improvement or gap identification are missed

Repossession Coordinator

Repossession Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood medical, dental benefits. paid time off

ConsBad work atmosphere, lack of communication with supervisor - not much opportunity for advancement

Anonymous Remarketing Employee

Remarketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, 401k, average healthcare benefits

ConsBe ready to work without being compensated! Company profits are great, but not shared with those that produce it. Only good friends get raises, bonuses and promotions---not those that perform. I do not know who votes this company as one of the best places to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow some, and take care of the workforce! Realize that pay has decreased for the last few years, yet profits are outta this world----pay your employees--not just your cronies.

My least favorite workplace...

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay and benefits are good. Most of the people are very intelligent; but the type of intelligence where they need a whiteboard to explain their point.

ConsI found the company's values to be quite sketchy. Trying to push customers with a 500 FICO into expensive car loans seems like a selfish way to earn a profit. Also, the corporate environment was extremely sterile (the most of any company that I have worked for) and terse. Lastly, I didn't think that the training provided was sufficient in my particular line of work.

Funding Fundin

Funding Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLove the environment, people, management, resources, and the constant food they provide.
It is mostly a fun environment where you can develop yourself and listen to your peers, help your peers and management, strive to learn and reach out to management who will help you establish a good career in the company.
Great benefits.
Good pay... Could be a little bit better.

ConsUpper management needs to listen to people and don't take others idea and make it their own by tweaking it a little bit.
Favoritism in few departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your unit managers a chance to develop, let them breathe, and treat your associates like people not just another cube.
Give regular associates credit for their ideas rather than taking their ideas and making it your own.

COAF Loan Originations IT by far the worst

COAF LO IT Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany cares for employees. Pay is good. culture is/was good.

ConsI have been working over 4 years in this LO group from COAF. Technical side, it was less politics couple of years back. With the new middle management things fallen off the wagon for the past two years. Inexperienced people managers . People will be promoted in this group based on who knows who. Work doesn't matter and is not valued. If you are a technical person and don't know how to play politics, you cannot survive even a year.Work ethics have gone to bottom. Capital One is a great company. But, please save yourself from COAF LO IT department.

Advice to Senior Managementyou have so many just people managers in your IT departments . Not needed. You need more working people, not middle managers. Please pay more attention how the Calibrations are working. you will find the loop holes.

Good ole boy/girl network at play here

Contractor (Former Employee)

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat place to do some work and get your feet wet in the industry, exposure to their business is a good start

ConsMiddle management seems to think they've got all the solutions and aren't open to correction or criticism. You'll find quickly if you voice your opinion, desenting or not, you're no longer welcome and quickly shown the door. The perspective that an opinion is a bad thing by the "middle tier" managers is so they can protect their status quo and keep the gravy train rolling

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire contractors or other outsiders, they come in with some great perspectives, make some effort to actually adopt, change and listen to that advice. It might be initially an ego deflator, but it will keep you from laying off great employees (as you just did) as well as releasing good contract talent.

Great culture, great leadership, great people!

Senior Business Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros- Very smart people
- Great culture
- Meritocracy (performance based promotions, salary and bonus)
- Great leadership - esp. with founder still CEO/Chairman
- Work from home
- If you do well, the company does well for you

Cons- Work culture does result in "not so ideal" work-life balance, esp. if you want to be in top 5% of your peer group, you have to work hard.

Great company

Unit Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent company that invest in their employee development. Numerous development opportunities, in the form of courses and/or on the job growth. They are on the aggressive in their expansion of the business, as well as nimble in the market place. They are extremely innovative as well. The number one pro of working with the company was the growth opportunities and development. Benefits, 401k, and stock purchase is also very strong.

ConsAlthough the growth opportunities are great, it takes an substantial amount of time to move upward. There is a lot of politics that are played and a lot of red tape in order to get projects or initiatives across the line. Also, very high demand - in order to be a top performer you must manage a team as well as manage initiatives. The work life balance is not ideal...Merit increases and bonuses are also not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart moving your talent upward at a faster pace.

Great place to start

Service to Sales Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat environment with plenty of long term opportunity

ConsOverall I cannot find any cons. I am very satisfied with the opportunity I've been given and the guidance to succeed along the way.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Capital One Auto Finance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One Auto Finance reviews and ratings in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital One Auto Finance CEO Rich Fairbank. All 37 reviews posted anonymously by Capital One Auto Finance employees.