Capital One Auto Finance

Capital One Auto Finance Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
3.1

Capital One Auto Finance Chairman; Chairman and CEO, Capital One Financial Corporation Rich Fairbank
Rich Fairbank

Pros
  • Work/life balance for the right groups is great (in 6 reviews)

• A lot of the rank and file are genuinely good people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to listen to people and don't take others idea and make it their own by tweaking it a little bit (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company, Awful division-Specifically Atlanta Office

Former Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are absolutely no Pros!

Cons

Good ole boy network. Unqualified managers. Ineffective Senior management. No room to advance. Low pay. Low incentive. Discrimination. Prejudiced. Extremely low office moral. Ran like a slave ship. Don't ever let your children get sick, because you'll have to bring them into work with you!

Enjoyed my time as a contractor at Capital One

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great company values and mission of 'Do the Right Thing' for both employees and customers; diverse culture; good benefits for associates

Cons

Contractors are limited to 2 years in some areas, gives the impression that professional growth for contractors is not supported

none

It all depends...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay, if negotiated appropriately, is great! I adored the people that I worked with, even my direct managers(although were switched multiple times through the years). Loved the accrued PTO. Loved the engagement days that were for all the employees. Depending on your manager, you were often given opportunities to prove yourself if you wanted to take on more responsibility. There are leadership programs that are offered if you want to consider management. Peer coaching and observing is often encouraged.

Cons

Just like any other corporate job, its all politics and "Who you know". Well qualified individuals would get looked over for opportunities that were given to a friend/favorite of the one in charge. You are overworked to the point where SEVERAL individuals(including upper management) would go on leave or just depart the company. There are so many hands in the pot of taking charge that it becomes so disorganized & miscommunication is frequent. One individual is expected to wear the hats of 10 associates all because no one wants to hire additional people.

All in all, the company has the right idea of trying to work out kinks of the employees. I would highly suggest making sure that your existing highly valuable employees, no matter where they are on the chain, should be heard instead of waiting for them to leave and replacing them with lackluster candidates.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start.

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual working environment with lots of variety in your daily tasks. Both day and night shifts to fit most schedules.

Cons

Located in Northern Tulsa County, bad lighting on streets and most people will work the night shift. Only collections or customer service on premises. Not much room for advancement.

none

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great training; intelligent employees; strong corporate culture of excellence; very proud to work there; thorough review process which was taken seriously with good feedback and plan for development

Cons

political; perception is often more important than reality; too many reorganizations

typical customer servie

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Agent  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Agent in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

benefits, training and pay was good

Cons

not a lot of room for advancement, last minute changes to policy with out notice

Treat your employees how you want to be treated and when you do have to walk an agent out don't walk them out at one of the busiest times.

Overall, great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, benefits, overall advancement opportunities, culture is awesome, great values and most management live the corporate values.

Cons

Frequent leadership changes, occasional inconsistent management decisions.

Don't try to change something if it isn't broken and if something is changed, make it better for the customer and associates. Utilize talent where available

Positive feedback as a former Capital One Auto Finance position

Former Employee - Funding Analyst  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Funding Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros were the extensive training and the ability to work independently with no supervision as well as with a team. I believe my outstanding drive, loyalty to the company, and an impeccable work ethic allowed me to shine as a terrific asset to the company. My co-workers and upper management thoroughly impressed me with their knowledge and willingness to make sure we all strived to the best of our abilities.

Cons

I would have to say the most dissatisfaction I felt with the Capital One team was the lack of promotions throughout the company. With such an enormous turn over rate, instead of letting hard working employees move up in the company, move them to another department where they can benefit the company the best way fit, instead were let go.

My advise to the company would be to screen managers a bit more in detail. I do not listen to gossip but from training on, was told my manager was the newest and was never around. Being in management before, I knew some people not might quite understand all the duties the manager has and felt with all the negativity surrounding the situation, my best interest was to focus on work and not make opinions on what others have said. It's nor professional nor beneficial to production and team morale.

The COAF call-center outside of Tulsa Ok: They keep the doors revolving at this company!

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate  in  Owasso, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Owasso, OK

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good benefits
    -Friendly people who are fun to work with
    -Lots of snacks to make us fat

Cons

-Low pay
    -Horrible management of service levels
    -Very low yearly raises
    -A ridiculous bonus system that only allows for a very few to profit

Shaming was a management technique that went out in the 1960's. Quit putting everyone's bad stats on the boards highlighted in red. This is an archaic style of management called shaming. The pilgrims used it, and now COAF management uses it. It doesn't motivate people to change. It only shows us the ineptitude of our management.

If you dont mind be lied to.....then youll LOVE IT!

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are really good for this level of a position.

Cons

Management will lie to get you to perform and then will make all kinds of excuses to not follow thru on their promises.

OWN IT!

Capital One Auto Finance Photos

New COAF buiding

+ Add Photo

Worked for Capital One Auto Finance? Contribute to the Community!