Capital One Auto Finance

Capital One Auto Finance Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
3.2

Capital One Auto Finance Chairman; Chairman and CEO, Capital One Financial Corporation Rich Fairbank
Rich Fairbank

Pros
  • Work environment is low stress with a great work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits, 401k, average healthcare benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance except in papers (in 3 reviews)

• Senior management doesn't vaue the hard working peole at all (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

typical customer servie

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Agent in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Agent in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, training and pay was good

Cons

not a lot of room for advancement, last minute changes to policy with out notice

Treat your employees how you want to be treated and when you do have to walk an agent out don't walk them out at one of the busiest times.

Overall, great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, overall advancement opportunities, culture is awesome, great values and most management live the corporate values.

Cons

Frequent leadership changes, occasional inconsistent management decisions.

Don't try to change something if it isn't broken and if something is changed, make it better for the customer and associates. Utilize talent where available

Positive feedback as a former Capital One Auto Finance position

Former Employee - Funding Analyst in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Funding Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros were the extensive training and the ability to work independently with no supervision as well as with a team. I believe my outstanding drive, loyalty to the company, and an impeccable work ethic allowed me to shine as a terrific asset to the company. My co-workers and upper management thoroughly impressed me with their knowledge and willingness to make sure we all strived to the best of our abilities.

Cons

I would have to say the most dissatisfaction I felt with the Capital One team was the lack of promotions throughout the company. With such an enormous turn over rate, instead of letting hard working employees move up in the company, move them to another department where they can benefit the company the best way fit, instead were let go.

My advise to the company would be to screen managers a bit more in detail. I do not listen to gossip but from training on, was told my manager was the newest and was never around. Being in management before, I knew some people not might quite understand all the duties the manager has and felt with all the negativity surrounding the situation, my best interest was to focus on work and not make opinions on what others have said. It's nor professional nor beneficial to production and team morale.

The COAF call-center outside of Tulsa Ok: They keep the doors revolving at this company!

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Owasso, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Owasso, OK

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Good benefits
    -Friendly people who are fun to work with
    -Lots of snacks to make us fat

Cons

-Low pay
    -Horrible management of service levels
    -Very low yearly raises
    -A ridiculous bonus system that only allows for a very few to profit

Shaming was a management technique that went out in the 1960's. Quit putting everyone's bad stats on the boards highlighted in red. This is an archaic style of management called shaming. The pilgrims used it, and now COAF management uses it. It doesn't motivate people to change. It only shows us the ineptitude of our management.

If you dont mind be lied to.....then youll LOVE IT!

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are really good for this level of a position.

Cons

Management will lie to get you to perform and then will make all kinds of excuses to not follow thru on their promises.

OWN IT!

Capital One - Home Loans

Former Employee - Data Coordinator in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Data Coordinator in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent work environment, great team members.

Cons

No Cons in the company that I know of.

Auto Finance was a very educational experience.

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

not many, except for steady work

Cons

it is very racist in the georgia branch

get some diversity

Rewarding.

Former Employee - Risk Coordinator in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Risk Coordinator in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The compensation is actually on the lower side of the competition. Aside from that, the benefits are great and the company itself is always striving for change which can keep it interesting.

Cons

There is high turnover in collections and the atmosphere isn't the best.

Capital One is an amazing company to work for with plenty of growth opportunity.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Associate investment, competitive salary, great benefits, an amazing team

Cons

Standing out takes not only effort, but talent and tenure.

I have been fortunate with my management team. Continue investing in your employees.

IT - a great place for high school politics

Current Employee - IT Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly flexible work schedules, pay and benefits are ok. Work/life balance for the right groups is great. The business leadership is very sharp. A lot of the rank and file are genuinely good people.

Cons

Most of the senior IT leadership is incompetent, with most of them being unprincipled Peter Principled project managers promoted way, way above their competency level who know little about technology, less about leadership, and nothing about building and fostering a healthy organization. But they are really good at playing politics and deflecting blame for their failures onto suitable scapegoats. If you aren't in the right clique - your career will go nowhere. If you are technical, your career will go nowhere (but don't worry, they have been working on a career track for technical people for the last 6 years that will eventually take it beyond the manager level, honest, it's coming any day now). Unless you come in fresh out of college, it's unlikely you will leave the company with a better set of skills than you originally came with. If that's not enough to dissuade you, here are a few more cons: they have a meeting driven culture - as in all day, all meetings. Nothing can get decided without several meetings involving up to a dozen or so people to discuss it. Even if it involves only one person actually doing something. The "anonymous" opinion surveys...probably aren't anonymous. If you aren't already tagged as being targeted for promotion, you probably won't get a great rating, no matter how great of a job you actually did. And if you aren't in the right clique - guess what, you probably won't get tagged for promotion. If you are in the right clique though, get ready for champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

Business leadership - fire the lot. You were sold down the river on outsourcing by the same people that are now going to "save" you from outsourcing. The only thing they are saving is money for their Highland Park estates. The reason why your IT cost per loan is higher than your competitors isn't because of any reason other than gross mismanagement and complete and utter lack of any sort of strategy by the IT senior leadership. Infantile solutions like 10% cuts across the board usually hit the projects you actually need to lower the costs long term (i.e., investment projects). How long do you think duct tape and chewing gum strategy is going to hold together aging and poorly architected platforms?

Capital One Auto Finance Photos