Capital One Auto Finance

www.capitalone.com

Capital One Auto Finance Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Capital One Auto Finance – Plano – “New COAF buiding”

Capital One Auto Finance – Plano – “New COAF buiding”

Capital One Auto Finance Chairman; Chairman and CEO, Capital One Financial Corporation Rich Fairbank

Rich Fairbank

Pros
  • Work/life balance for the right groups is great (in 6 reviews)

• A lot of the rank and file are genuinely good people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to listen to people and don't take others idea and make it their own by tweaking it a little bit (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great culture, great leadership, great people!

Senior Business Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

Pros- Very smart people
    - Great culture
    - Meritocracy (performance based promotions, salary and bonus)
    - Great leadership - esp. with founder still CEO/Chairman
    - Work from home
    - If you do well, the company does well for you

Cons- Work culture does result in "not so ideal" work-life balance, esp. if you want to be in top 5% of your peer group, you have to work hard.

Good ole boy/girl network at play here

Contractor (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat place to do some work and get your feet wet in the industry, exposure to their business is a good start

ConsMiddle management seems to think they've got all the solutions and aren't open to correction or criticism. You'll find quickly if you voice your opinion, desenting or not, you're no longer welcome and quickly shown the door. The perspective that an opinion is a bad thing by the "middle tier" managers is so they can protect their status quo and keep the gravy train rolling

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire contractors or other outsiders, they come in with some great perspectives, make some effort to actually adopt, change and listen to that advice. It might be initially an ego deflator, but it will keep you from laying off great employees (as you just did) as well as releasing good contract talent.

Experience with Capital One

ProsGreat work life balance here

ConsNot enough pay for the amount of work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Unit Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsExcellent company that invest in their employee development. Numerous development opportunities, in the form of courses and/or on the job growth. They are on the aggressive in their expansion of the business, as well as nimble in the market place. They are extremely innovative as well. The number one pro of working with the company was the growth opportunities and development. Benefits, 401k, and stock purchase is also very strong.

ConsAlthough the growth opportunities are great, it takes an substantial amount of time to move upward. There is a lot of politics that are played and a lot of red tape in order to get projects or initiatives across the line. Also, very high demand - in order to be a top performer you must manage a team as well as manage initiatives. The work life balance is not ideal...Merit increases and bonuses are also not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart moving your talent upward at a faster pace.

Great place to start

Service to Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat environment with plenty of long term opportunity

ConsOverall I cannot find any cons. I am very satisfied with the opportunity I've been given and the guidance to succeed along the way.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

It is overall a good company to work for

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThere are a lot of hard-working and smart people. The company cares about associates' development

ConsJob has a lot of pressure, it is also very hard to get promoted

Great oppurtunity for growth

Senior Ops Coord- Reposession Department/Loss Mitigation/Recoveries (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe pay is good at COAF. There are several great managers in the corporation and also really great oppurtunities to move up within the company.

ConsLike most companies immediate managers have a great deal of power over their associates or workers. Here there is too much power given to managers and also so many changes being made without the proper training being provided. They will hold you accountable even had they not provided the proper training to you. I have also seen people fired for personal reasons between a manager and employee. Not a great example of ethical responsibilityffrom a manager. The turn over is more consistant then it was 4 years ago with all the changes in the company and also the people that are being hired for entry positions are alot less professional then 4 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are too busy with other misc projects and meetings and associates need proper training on the changes and laws that are being made. Increase the skill requirement and professionalism on new hires

New Hire still in training, horrible pay

Collections (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

Prosnot much to say so far

ConsHorrible training program so far

good benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI stayed due to good benefits

ConsNot a lot of advancement unless you hang out with managers outside of work

Great place to work, not to get paid

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

Pros- Entrepreneurial spirit
    - Great access to senior leadership
    - Company philosophy is to be the best not the biggest
    - Spends more money on employees than most other companies

Cons- You can get paid more somewhere else
    - Can be to analytical at times
    - Can be really cheap in certain areas

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more on HR, training and IT

Worked for Capital One Auto Finance? Contribute to the Community!