Capital One Auto Finance

www.capitalone.com
Profile Unclaimed

Great oppurtunity for growth

Former Employee - Senior Ops Coord- Reposession Department/Loss Mitigation/Recoveries in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good at COAF. There are several great managers in the corporation and also really great oppurtunities to move up within the company.

Cons

Like most companies immediate managers have a great deal of power over their associates or workers. Here there is too much power given to managers and also so many changes being made without the proper training being provided. They will hold you accountable even had they not provided the proper training to you. I have also seen people fired for personal reasons between a manager and employee. Not a great example of ethical responsibilityffrom a manager. The turn over is more consistant then it was 4 years ago with all the changes in the company and also the people that are being hired for entry positions are alot less professional then 4 years ago.

Managers are too busy with other misc projects and meetings and associates need proper training on the changes and laws that are being made. Increase the skill requirement and professionalism on new hires

New Hire still in training, horrible pay

Current Contractor - Collections in Tulsa, OK
    Current Contractor - Collections in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

not much to say so far

Cons

Horrible training program so far

good benefits

I worked at Capital One Auto Finance

Pros

I stayed due to good benefits

Cons

Not a lot of advancement unless you hang out with managers outside of work

Great place to work, not to get paid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Entrepreneurial spirit
    - Great access to senior leadership
    - Company philosophy is to be the best not the biggest
    - Spends more money on employees than most other companies

Cons

- You can get paid more somewhere else
    - Can be to analytical at times
    - Can be really cheap in certain areas

Spend more on HR, training and IT

Best Company to work for In Oklahoma

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

And the reason why? Because COAF and Capital One care about their employees. I have worked for at least 5 call centers over the last 12 years. This one is by far the best of the bunch. The managers we have on the floor care about our developement. They take the time out to go over your areas of strength, and work with your on your areas that need improvment. The encourge us to work thru them. They reward us all the time with little things, that may not really mean much to someone else, but it just shows they care. They have several programs in place to show case our best. They do Town Hall Meetings to tell us where not only our group, but the other groups in Capital One stand. They lavish us with great meals, and gifts. We have a Rally once a month to celebrate our accomplishments. and our CSAT's (Customer Satisfaction Surveys). And we have recently worked to get JD Powers Certified. That says alot about a call center. The overall enviroment is wonderful. Its a fun and vibrate enviroment. Management is constantly doing things for us. I am proud to say I work for Capital One Auto Finance.

Cons

We need more help. We are hiring.

What they do is wonderful now. They share the company goals with us, so that we know where we are going. Which in turn makes us work hard to get us to that goal.

I have not started yet.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Can't think of any. They are awesome.

Haven't started yet, but they seem very professional.

Sr Risk Manager

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

benefits, work hours, management, upbeat positive atmosphere

Cons

Salary, career opportunities, work hours,

Very knowledgeable, can learn a lot very quickly. Company cares about its employees

Current Employee - Funding in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Funding in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very good benefits. You get benefits starting on day one. They cater to their employees and also want the best for them. You are compensated well through pay incentives and through company benefits.

Cons

Some parts of job can be very fast paced.

Flexible work space. Lots of opportunities with training and volunteering. Company is willing to develop talents.

Current Employee - Data Steward in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Data Steward in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Company has flexible work schedule
    - Dress code is not as rigid as other companies
    - Potential for year-end bonus
    - Has some great people- most people are genuine and fun

Cons

- Instances of undeserving promotions
    - Need to play some workplace politics
    - Might need to know how to treat some people differently if you want to advance quick
    - Flexible schedule really depends on your managers; if your manager is more traditional, you are out of luck.

Contractors are also very important to the success of our company. I think contractors should be treated by associates more like associates than hires. Contractors' opinions should be taken into account during mid-year review and year-end review to prevent undeserving promotions.

you can just gain your experience

I have been working at Capital One Auto Finance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

you will get experience with the company

Cons

the pay. its hard to move around if you excel in expectation minimum rewards

none