Capital One

Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank

Richard D. Fairbank

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood PAy, benefits after 90 days

ConsDidnt like the management, not much paid time off

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more strict on the mangement, they just do as they like,.

No direction & poor management!

Relationship Banker (Former Employee)
    Brooklyn, NY

ProsThis is an ok job if you want a check and benefits. You're more likely to get more compensation at Bank of America or Chase. Where most customers were closing their accounts and leaving to.

1)The benefits are pretty good. Health care is good, the CEO honestly likes his company and its obvious. They want employees to be involved in the community.
    2)Coworkers can make or break your experience (like most jobs). However, coworkers are usually amazing. I'll admit that.
    3)Company has simple yet positive values which do not come across as phoney.
    4)Bonus structure, you get paid your bonus every month.
    5)If you could somehow make it out of retail banking, this is a pretty good company to work for.

Cons1)District managers treat those below them like crap.
    2)No one ever has an answer to any problem and makes employees look silly in front of customers. Simple tasks require you to call a hotline, where they place you on hold and customer gets frustrated.
    3)Technology is the worst I've seen in the industry, makes for a frustrating experience for workers and customers alike.
    4)Managers can be rude to employees and customers.
    5)Inferior products and rude service reps.
    6)Tons of paperwork for simple/mundane tasks which frustrates workers and employees alike.
    7)Very high turnover due to poor hours, high levels of stress and low pay.
    8)Company has a lot of rude workers as customer service reps. Made me uneasy to recommend company products because the customer service reps seemed to encourage and or dare customers to close their accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like they are human! Stop changing bonus structure and pay people more. It's no wonder the company comes across as low value. Most customers do not use this bank as their primary bank for that reason.

Overworked, underpaid, good people are often pushed out, incredibly low pay

Teller Manager (Former Employee)
    Brooklyn, NY

ProsThere were a few excellent people that I worked with on the branch and district level, and the research and adjustments department were always amazing to me.

ConsMade 15,000 a year less than the low end of the spectrum for my position on glass door. Was illegally denied overtime pay due to a combination of company policy and poor management. Was harassed repeatedly by manager with little actual recourse to HR. Common course of business was to significantly understaff branches and then fire staff "for cause" for failing to meet sales and audit goals in the time allotted.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdequate staff levels should always be maintained, workers should have the ability to request help for problematic interactions with branch managers, and wages and salaries should be commensurate with other major banks.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One reviews and ratings in Brooklyn, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital One CEO Richard D. Fairbank. All reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees.