Capital One

3.4
1,458 Reviews

Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank
Richard D. Fairbank

Pros
  • Flexible work timings at Capital One helps to maintain work life balance (in 216 reviews)

• Work-from-home policy is dependent on team individually, but is generally flexible (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance sucked tremendously because the questionable shifts they have you work (in 55 reviews)

• Performance management process does not encourage associate alignment to corporate goals (in 59 reviews)

More Highlights

Greta Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

Pros

This company has great employee benefits. If you need a job that cares about you this is the one to be at.

Cons

No CONS great family culture. Management is really intune with their agents. They promote moral on the floor

Great culture and flexible

Great Company

Current Employee - Process Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Process Manager in Plano, TX

Pros

Company values are excellent. They believe in helping the community, treating employees with respect and investing to make the customer experience the best. Never been at a company like this one before - amazing place to be.

Cons

Promotions are few and far between - company is good at targeting talent for advancement but lousy at enabling the rest of the resources who weren't selected.

The benefits and perks are pretty good.

Current Employee - Teller I  in  Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Teller I in Jamaica, NY

Pros

The Benefits, and perks. Opportunities for growth often available.

Cons

Management is a challenge, poor HR. Can be stressful at times.

Pay, benefits, and opportunities for growth are all GREAT at Capital One. My only issue is Employee relations. Calling HR on a customer service hotline should be last resort if an issue is urgent, not the primary option. At my branch, managers can be antagonistic and unfair sometimes, and everyone is scared of being fired or blacksheeped (which my management does) at the branch if they call HR. So employees either just endure or quit. There should be a floating HR representative, just like an MBB (multi-branch banker) that discusses HR issues within the branch with all employees that he/she floats to. That may help.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller

Current Employee - Bank Teller  in  Bay Shore, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Bay Shore, NY

Pros

Fantastic company to work for, benefits are great only bank in my area that matches up to 7% 401k. if you work hard you get promoted from with in right away, i started as a part time teller and with in 2 months got promoted to full time, 6 months later and im currently up for another promotion to be a banker.

Cons

everything so far is fantastic

Amazing Company

Pros

family environment, culture, fun outings

Cons

pay, hours, managment, advancement, training

Great company to work for

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Richmond, VA

Pros

Work/life balance, great pay, good culture

Cons

There can be times when you have to work weekends

So far so good; Fraud Intake Coordinator job review

Current Employee - Fraud Intake Coordinator  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Fraud Intake Coordinator in Tampa, FL

Pros

I just finished classroom training so my review will be based on that and updated later on. Classroom training is eight hours a day for four weeks long. It is A LOT of information, but the trainer is really good at her job.Also, being in the classroom with people who had experience and with people who didn't made it easier to learn things. There's a lot of managers, and each one came in multiple times throughout training to meet us. So far, management looks laid back and personable.

BENEFITS BROKEN DOWN:
    All benefits including 401k matching,health,dental,vision,education assistance,adoption assistance, start on DAY ONE!
    The benefits cant be matched elsewhere. Yes, hourly isn't anything to write home about, but you're offered a "differential" to work a later shift of about 10%, over time is given if wanted and theres monthly bonuses that add up to $1250 that agents can get. From what I have heard from current agents, they aren't too hard to get.
    Health care: This is the best health care I have seen for hourly employees. Again, it starts on day one, and their most expensive plan for one person is about $30/month, which includes no copay and free walk-in clinic visits. Add dental and vision on for about 2 extra a month.
    I didn't get insurance, but purchased life insurance. My $138,000 policy is about 3 dollars a month.
    Education assistance is $5500 for Bachelors and Masters degrees

Capital One as a company is really cool. They pride themselves on having personal relationships with their customers.

Cons

It seems to be very difficult to get promoted

My experience with Capital One has been extremely positive. I am moving and wish I could take my job with me!

Current Employee - Principal Project Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Project Manager in Richmond, VA

Pros

The best reasons to work at Capital One are work/life balance, and recognition for hard work.

Cons

There are so many people, and the management tends to chase the next 'shiny object'. You can easily get lost in the shuffle if you do not shine on a regular basis.

Stay grounded and aware of your people. Don't let them get lost in the shuffle.

I really like the way they use analytical thinking to solve problems in the credit card industry

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA

Pros

There is a great work-life balance

Cons

The systems are out of date

Experience totally depends on branch manager

Former Employee - Bank Teller  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Houston, TX

Pros

With hard work, you can grow your career pretty quickly. It seems as if the company really takes their time to make sure that the right employees are hired and get along great with coworkers. Great benefits as well

Cons

Some managers can set you up for failure in regards to sales. The branch is 100 percent dedicated to sales, and some of the goals are completely unrealistic.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!