Capital One

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.4 1,394 reviews

Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank

Richard D. Fairbank

Pros
  • Flexible work timings at Capital One helps to maintain work life balance(in 213 reviews)

• Work-from-home policy is dependent on team individually, but is generally flexible(in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance sucked tremendously because the questionable shifts they have you work(in 55 reviews)

• Performance management process does not encourage associate alignment to corporate goals(in 59 reviews)

1,394 Employee Reviews

Great Company

High Value Services Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCapital one is a great company to work for and they take pride in the diversity of their work force. Training is very thorough in order for employees to provide the high quality service that Capital One is know for.

ConsI honestly have nothing negative to say about my experience working at Capital One. It is truly a great company to work for.

Nice please to work as a contractor

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsVery supportive people and good place to work. Very helpful people and very agile. Very good pay and work from home options

Consmajor con is contractors need to take a break after every 2 years. Agile methodology used all over capital one and can be difficult for someone with no experience in agile

great company

Risk Coordinator (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

Prosco-worker, work-life balance, incentives, morale, great place to work.

Consincentives are great but wish base pay was higher

Advice to Senior Managementplease stay honest and keep doing the right thing for your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to pick up many different skills

Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsOnce you're in, you can explore different areas of the company. Great for people open to change and picking up new skills

ConsI have none so far

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage employees to take a lunch break.

An Incredible Opportunity

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCoworkers are incredible, workplace is great, and the project you are given is interesting. Definitely a great place to work.

ConsCan be stressful. You start off somewhat in a trial by fire. At least at the start, they expect you to be able to hit the ground running. If you can keep up, you'll do great.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that your incoming staff is already overwhelmed. Try to ease them in appropriately. They will remember it, and be very appreciative.

Very Good

ProsGreat Benifits and HR dept

ConsGoals oriented company. too much stress sometime

good

Prosgood payment, good work-life balance

Consno idea, i may write it later

Great place to work

Unit Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood culture and fun environment. Strong focus on Customer Experience

ConsConstant changes in procedures; Limited opportunities for growth

Great place to work. Challenging atmosphere

ITS (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsAlways changing. Always different. Lots of money

ConsNot careful in how they spend their money. Won't listen to the people who know. Do not accept change even tho it is for the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen listen listen

HR Consultant

ProsGreat culture, growth and change….strategic vision of Sr. Leaders is best in class.

ConsChange, turnover of management, working through too many recent acquisitions

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your focus on the associate

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!