Capital One

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.4 1,406 reviews

Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank

Richard D. Fairbank

Pros
  • Flexible work timings at Capital One helps to maintain work life balance (in 216 reviews)

• Work-from-home policy is dependent on team individually, but is generally flexible (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance sucked tremendously because the questionable shifts they have you work (in 55 reviews)

• Performance management process does not encourage associate alignment to corporate goals (in 59 reviews)

More Highlights
1,406 Employee Reviews

Customer Services

ProsGreat company to work for

Consno problem, great place to work

Good place

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosgood up to date technology stack

Consless growth oppurtunties in Cap1

Advice to Senior Managementbetter HR structure

Company where employees all really seem to support and mimic company mission.

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsWork life balance is unbeatable and lots of opportunity to collaborate across company

ConsRichmond (largest campus and hub of jobs) isn't really the greatest place for a twenty year old to start out career if looking for big city life.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fairly positive and mostly customer centric company

Relationship Banker (Current Employee)

ProsRecruits competent employees often with at least basic experience and good common sense. Salary is in a decent range for retail banking, room for commission at busier branches.

ConsDifficult to get a real salary raise once you're hired, even with a promotion. Programs, especially platform, are outdated and use way too many systems to accomplish one task.

Working with smart people, doing cool things always got me out of bed in the morning.

Director (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great, they are very smart and the culture is empowering.

ConsIt is very dynamic, change is rapid and constant. Organizational changes happen about every 9 month, don't expect things to remain static for too long.

Great Place to Start your Career

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) McLean, VA

Prosgreat career development, great tools to help you succeed. Stock purchase, be well 401k matching good for associates.
    lots of exposure to senior leadership

Consnot very diverse, upward mobility it hard, lots of change going on, favoritism. its what you know and who you know

Advice to Senior Managementmanagers in need of diversity and sensitivity training

Great Company

High Value Services Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCapital one is a great company to work for and they take pride in the diversity of their work force. Training is very thorough in order for employees to provide the high quality service that Capital One is know for.

ConsI honestly have nothing negative to say about my experience working at Capital One. It is truly a great company to work for.

Unique and engaging yet repetitive.

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsPlenty of benefits like tuition reimbursement for college students, Insurance, 401K, bonus incentives, opportunities to move up within company.

ConsVery repetitive, can get difficult with day to day calls. Systems aren't smooth for operations for employees.

An Incredible Opportunity

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCoworkers are incredible, workplace is great, and the project you are given is interesting. Definitely a great place to work.

ConsCan be stressful. You start off somewhat in a trial by fire. At least at the start, they expect you to be able to hit the ground running. If you can keep up, you'll do great.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that your incoming staff is already overwhelmed. Try to ease them in appropriately. They will remember it, and be very appreciative.

Nice please to work as a contractor

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsVery supportive people and good place to work. Very helpful people and very agile. Very good pay and work from home options

Consmajor con is contractors need to take a break after every 2 years. Agile methodology used all over capital one and can be difficult for someone with no experience in agile

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!