Capital One

Updated Jul 20, 2014

3.4 1,380 reviews

Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank

Richard D. Fairbank

Pros
  • Flexible work timings at Capital One helps to maintain work life balance(in 213 reviews)

• Work-from-home policy is dependent on team individually, but is generally flexible(in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance sucked tremendously because the questionable shifts they have you work(in 55 reviews)

• Performance management process does not encourage associate alignment to corporate goals(in 59 reviews)

1,380 Employee Reviews

good

Prosgood payment, good work-life balance

Consno idea, i may write it later

HR Consultant

ProsGreat culture, growth and change….strategic vision of Sr. Leaders is best in class.

ConsChange, turnover of management, working through too many recent acquisitions

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your focus on the associate

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat work environment and ability to grow as an employee

ConsAs a call center agent, some of the demands of the job are unreasonable, especially coming from a manager who does not have to be on the phone all day, nor are they being "clocked" like us regular employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bank Teller

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Lake Grove, NY

ProsVery fast process, interview was a very easy laid back environment. Everyone is really nice and helpful.

ConsThe training process is a classroom area, very long and boring. ALOT of book work.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company

Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEmployee recognition is great. I am always being recognized, awarded or invited to recognition breakfasts and luncheons. The moral is awesome as well.

ConsUnder staffed branches make work environment a little hostile. I do a lot of opens to close. I have very few lunch breaks.

Excellent company to work for but very strict change process for Information Technology

Server Administrator (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsGreat work/life balance, great work from home options (twice a week), excellent pay / career opportunities.

ConsVery strict change process for Information Technology which restricts work flow. Agile is used for project management which helps keep track of work and eliminate shoulder tapping but a lot of employees still don't follow process.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of less than stellar project managers which make work flow difficult, some projects can have as many as 3 project managers assigned.

Good Company

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

Pros* Good culture, well meaning employees, work life balance. I enjoyed my time there. My supervisors were good and I appreciated the training.

ConsRoles are very boring. traffic is slow. lack of infrastructure to support some branches, no exceptions to policy for promotion. Time in must be 1 year to move to any internal position.

Good

Business Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsChicago downtown location, work responsibilities, work life balance

ConsLess salary, less bonus, corporate politics

Good company to polish your skills.

ProsStrong analytical and research focus.

ConsDisconnect between main site locations and satellite entities.

Great Company to work for.

Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Rolling Meadows, IL

ProsEveryone is very friendly and the monthly bonuses are awesome, if you qualify.

ConsThere have been many movements lately so it doesn't feel like there's enough job stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more opportunities for advancement.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!