Capital One

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.4 1,390 reviews

Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank

Richard D. Fairbank

Pros
  • Flexible work timings at Capital One helps to maintain work life balance(in 213 reviews)

• Work-from-home policy is dependent on team individually, but is generally flexible(in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance sucked tremendously because the questionable shifts they have you work(in 55 reviews)

• Performance management process does not encourage associate alignment to corporate goals(in 59 reviews)

1,390 Employee Reviews

An Incredible Opportunity

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCoworkers are incredible, workplace is great, and the project you are given is interesting. Definitely a great place to work.

ConsCan be stressful. You start off somewhat in a trial by fire. At least at the start, they expect you to be able to hit the ground running. If you can keep up, you'll do great.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that your incoming staff is already overwhelmed. Try to ease them in appropriately. They will remember it, and be very appreciative.

Great place to work

Unit Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood culture and fun environment. Strong focus on Customer Experience

ConsConstant changes in procedures; Limited opportunities for growth

Very Good

ProsGreat Benifits and HR dept

ConsGoals oriented company. too much stress sometime

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work. Challenging atmosphere

ITS (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsAlways changing. Always different. Lots of money

ConsNot careful in how they spend their money. Won't listen to the people who know. Do not accept change even tho it is for the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen listen listen

HR Consultant

ProsGreat culture, growth and change….strategic vision of Sr. Leaders is best in class.

ConsChange, turnover of management, working through too many recent acquisitions

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your focus on the associate

good

Prosgood payment, good work-life balance

Consno idea, i may write it later

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat work environment and ability to grow as an employee

ConsAs a call center agent, some of the demands of the job are unreasonable, especially coming from a manager who does not have to be on the phone all day, nor are they being "clocked" like us regular employees.

Bank Teller

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Lake Grove, NY

ProsVery fast process, interview was a very easy laid back environment. Everyone is really nice and helpful.

ConsThe training process is a classroom area, very long and boring. ALOT of book work.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company

Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEmployee recognition is great. I am always being recognized, awarded or invited to recognition breakfasts and luncheons. The moral is awesome as well.

ConsUnder staffed branches make work environment a little hostile. I do a lot of opens to close. I have very few lunch breaks.

Good Company

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

Pros* Good culture, well meaning employees, work life balance. I enjoyed my time there. My supervisors were good and I appreciated the training.

ConsRoles are very boring. traffic is slow. lack of infrastructure to support some branches, no exceptions to policy for promotion. Time in must be 1 year to move to any internal position.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!