Capital One Reviews

3.4
1,466 Reviews

Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank
Richard D. Fairbank

Pros
  • Flexible work timings at Capital One helps to maintain work life balance (in 216 reviews)

• Work-from-home policy is dependent on team individually, but is generally flexible (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance sucked tremendously because the questionable shifts they have you work (in 55 reviews)

• Performance management process does not encourage associate alignment to corporate goals (in 59 reviews)

More Highlights

Great places to work in the new America

Current Employee - Legal Research  in  New Rochelle, NY
    Current Employee - Legal Research in New Rochelle, NY

I have been working at Capital One as an intern for more than a year

Pros

One of bright thing about working for a new economy company is that it is not tide to the old institutional role of corporate America the work force if full of young bright people of all nationality. I think this is a plus for company for the company will never run out creative way of producing revenue.

Cons

On the flip-side it is very hard to get a position with the company

Keep up the good work

good company to work for

Former Employee - Vice President of Retail  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President of Retail in Houston, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefits from the company

Cons

work life balance could be better

Great culture with wonderful development opportunities.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really invest in their employees's development, with extensive training classes, exposure to higher level management, and a focus on employees growth.

Cons

Many teams require extensive travel between McLean and Richmond. Offers great starting salaries but often does not provide sufficient bonuses and/or raises.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive experience

I have been working at Capital One full-time

Pros

Culture, people and core values

Cons

Lot of work and difficult to manage the expectations.

Good opportunity! Overall, enjoyed my time working there!

Former Employee - Lead Teller Manager
    Former Employee - Lead Teller Manager

I worked at Capital One full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and perks for those that meet individual and branch goal. They give you the tools to succeed as long as you put in the time and effort. Hours of operation is in par with the industry and travel time between home and branch is pretty reasonable.

Cons

I believe that Capital One overall is behind in the technology field and needs to focus on catching up to the rest in the market. It would also be beneficial if there were better career opportunities outside of sales and this is with the understanding that the company is in the banking industry.

To some degree it felt a little like the employees that were just coming in to the organization were treated better then those that put in years of service. Please remember that all are equally important to get the job done in all aspects.

Greta Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has great employee benefits. If you need a job that cares about you this is the one to be at.

Cons

No CONS great family culture. Management is really intune with their agents. They promote moral on the floor

Great culture and flexible

Great Company

Current Employee - Process Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Process Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company values are excellent. They believe in helping the community, treating employees with respect and investing to make the customer experience the best. Never been at a company like this one before - amazing place to be.

Cons

Promotions are few and far between - company is good at targeting talent for advancement but lousy at enabling the rest of the resources who weren't selected.

The benefits and perks are pretty good.

Current Employee - Teller I  in  Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Teller I in Jamaica, NY

I have been working at Capital One full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Benefits, and perks. Opportunities for growth often available.

Cons

Management is a challenge, poor HR. Can be stressful at times.

Pay, benefits, and opportunities for growth are all GREAT at Capital One. My only issue is Employee relations. Calling HR on a customer service hotline should be last resort if an issue is urgent, not the primary option. At my branch, managers can be antagonistic and unfair sometimes, and everyone is scared of being fired or blacksheeped (which my management does) at the branch if they call HR. So employees either just endure or quit. There should be a floating HR representative, just like an MBB (multi-branch banker) that discusses HR issues within the branch with all employees that he/she floats to. That may help.

Teller

Current Employee - Bank Teller  in  Bay Shore, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Bay Shore, NY

I have been working at Capital One full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic company to work for, benefits are great only bank in my area that matches up to 7% 401k. if you work hard you get promoted from with in right away, i started as a part time teller and with in 2 months got promoted to full time, 6 months later and im currently up for another promotion to be a banker.

Cons

everything so far is fantastic

So far so good; Fraud Intake Coordinator job review

Current Employee - Fraud Intake Coordinator  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Fraud Intake Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Capital One full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just finished classroom training so my review will be based on that and updated later on. Classroom training is eight hours a day for four weeks long. It is A LOT of information, but the trainer is really good at her job.Also, being in the classroom with people who had experience and with people who didn't made it easier to learn things. There's a lot of managers, and each one came in multiple times throughout training to meet us. So far, management looks laid back and personable.

BENEFITS BROKEN DOWN:
    All benefits including 401k matching,health,dental,vision,education assistance,adoption assistance, start on DAY ONE!
    The benefits cant be matched elsewhere. Yes, hourly isn't anything to write home about, but you're offered a "differential" to work a later shift of about 10%, over time is given if wanted and theres monthly bonuses that add up to $1250 that agents can get. From what I have heard from current agents, they aren't too hard to get.
    Health care: This is the best health care I have seen for hourly employees. Again, it starts on day one, and their most expensive plan for one person is about $30/month, which includes no copay and free walk-in clinic visits. Add dental and vision on for about 2 extra a month.
    I didn't get insurance, but purchased life insurance. My $138,000 policy is about 3 dollars a month.
    Education assistance is $5500 for Bachelors and Masters degrees

Capital One as a company is really cool. They pride themselves on having personal relationships with their customers.

Cons

It seems to be very difficult to get promoted

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!