Capital One

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.4 1,400 reviews

Capital One Founder, Chairman & CEO Richard D. Fairbank

Richard D. Fairbank

Pros
  • Flexible work timings at Capital One helps to maintain work life balance (in 216 reviews)

• Work-from-home policy is dependent on team individually, but is generally flexible (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance sucked tremendously because the questionable shifts they have you work (in 55 reviews)

• Performance management process does not encourage associate alignment to corporate goals (in 59 reviews)

More Highlights
1,400 Employee Reviews

Company where employees all really seem to support and mimic company mission.

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsWork life balance is unbeatable and lots of opportunity to collaborate across company

ConsRichmond (largest campus and hub of jobs) isn't really the greatest place for a twenty year old to start out career if looking for big city life.

Great Company

High Value Services Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCapital one is a great company to work for and they take pride in the diversity of their work force. Training is very thorough in order for employees to provide the high quality service that Capital One is know for.

ConsI honestly have nothing negative to say about my experience working at Capital One. It is truly a great company to work for.

An Incredible Opportunity

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCoworkers are incredible, workplace is great, and the project you are given is interesting. Definitely a great place to work.

ConsCan be stressful. You start off somewhat in a trial by fire. At least at the start, they expect you to be able to hit the ground running. If you can keep up, you'll do great.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that your incoming staff is already overwhelmed. Try to ease them in appropriately. They will remember it, and be very appreciative.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Good

ProsGreat Benifits and HR dept

ConsGoals oriented company. too much stress sometime

good

Prosgood payment, good work-life balance

Consno idea, i may write it later

HR Consultant

ProsGreat culture, growth and change….strategic vision of Sr. Leaders is best in class.

ConsChange, turnover of management, working through too many recent acquisitions

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your focus on the associate

Great Company

Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEmployee recognition is great. I am always being recognized, awarded or invited to recognition breakfasts and luncheons. The moral is awesome as well.

ConsUnder staffed branches make work environment a little hostile. I do a lot of opens to close. I have very few lunch breaks.

Bank Teller

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Lake Grove, NY

ProsVery fast process, interview was a very easy laid back environment. Everyone is really nice and helpful.

ConsThe training process is a classroom area, very long and boring. ALOT of book work.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Excellent and Serious Company that really strives on being better.

IT Production Support Specialist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExcellent Management Support, you wont feel left out over here. You have all the support you need.

ConsNone I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you do..

Contractor at Cap One

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsCompetitive pay, flexible schedule, realistic expectations, good experience, plenty of training opportunities. Collaborative work environment, good work/life balance, even ability to work remotely. They were very accommodating with my schedule.

ConsSomewhat of a division between associates and contractors (which there are a lot of), but if that doesn't bother you, then it's fine. Everyone seems to work well together regardless of affiliation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to say my managers were very flexible and went out of their way to accommodate my schedule even as a contractor.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!