Capital Senior Living Reviews

Live by your policies

Former Employee - Executive Director in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Conroe, TX

I worked at Capital Senior Living full-time

Pros

The residents will warm your heart.

Cons

Worst management support systems I ever experienced.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing your policies to only be used for who you pick and choose. Rules are rules.

2. Caregiver

Former Employee - Caregiver in Libertyville, IL
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Capital Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The assisted living director cared about her employees and was always available to help.

Cons

There were not nearly enough caregivers for the amount of residents, the environment was dirty, and the management was rude.

Advice to Management

Worry less about the money you make and care more about the people who live at your facilities.

3. LPN

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

I have been working at Capital Senior Living (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the residents at Summit Point in Macedonia, Oh.

Cons

Understaffed. High Turnover. No support from DON or management. High risk environment.

Advice to Management

Gain knowledge and common sense. Respect your employees and offer incentives to staff when asked to work over.

Horrible and backwards company

Former Employee - Executive Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Capital Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that i saw. its a growing company who really does not know what to do, where to go and how....

Cons

Pay for all community things out of your pocket No management structure No support HR is horrible Pay is horrible compare to industry standards so they are hiring people who are not fit to do the job Residents are neglected in most communities as the company is pushing for Dollars and Numbers....!

Advice to Management

get out of your offices and start to see what goes on in the communities. its horrible. most of your regional are hiding facts and figures....!

6. Can't be serious

Current Employee - Nurse in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Nurse in Dallas, TX

Pros

There's really no pros to working for this company, besides being thankful you have a job.

Cons

It's really sad when nursing staff has no gloves over a weekend and nobody from management can bring any. Then, once staff buys something out of pocket they have to wait weeks for petty cash. The Mgr bullies staff, and gets away with it. There's a lot of gossiping from management also. The residents never have events or anything remotely entertaining because there's never money in the budget. The weekends, there's never anything to do for the residents who are not having visitors or are out. And Corp does absolutely nothing.

Advice to Management

Come out your office and do your job. The people you delegate lack management and leadership skills needed to perform the simplest tasks at the facility I worked at. Listen to the staff sometimes.

7. Terrible place to work!!!

Pros

The residents I work with are great, they keep me getting up every morning for work.

Cons

Management is terrible, very unprofessional, rude, and show no appreciation.

Advice to Management

As I read all the negative reviews about this company it was as if someone had taken the words right out my mouth. Like it or not these things people are saying are true. Half of the residents that are moved in should be in nursing homes. This puts a lot more work on staff. We are underpaid and treated poorly and talked to like we are nothing. We don't have a lot of the supplies we need to do our jobs on the daily basis. Its really sad but also very true.

Care Manager

Current Employee - Care Manager in Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Perrysburg, OH

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents. They are the reason I'm still working there, besides some of the co-workers I enjoy working with. They make staying a lot easier than going.

Cons

Aides only make $9/hr, upper management stinks. Regional manager even more so. All raises go for her approval, and she always denies it. The place is more like a nursing home than assisted living. We have total care and hospice. Currently looking for other employment, because I can barely make it on this pay.

Advice to Management

Raise the overall pay scale for aides, and you won't see such a huge turnover. Have pay that is competitive. Offer incentives regularly. Respect your employees! It makes a world of difference. I think that the Regional Manager should be fired, because she especially is out of touch with the employees and their concerns.

Micro-managers on ego trips! It's all about reports, and money! No concern for the residence. No vacation or sick time

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Poor management on ego trips, administrators who are psyco, no vacation or sick pay for a full year!.. Look for a job somewhere else!

Advice to Management

Your Egos have to be stroked too much.. You must be very insecure to have to be so boss like and micro.

Worst.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Capital Senior Living part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security because people quit after being trained.

Cons

Where to start. Managment treats the staff like dogs. Constantly "it's not my problem" attitude. The most disorganized, Uncaring company I have ever worked for. Low low pay, raises 2,5 percent. No room for advancement, still have VHS for the residents, not even DVD. All about the budget, can't have more paper towels or soap because of th budget, um we are nursing staff! Management does not give a crap about residents either. Would never suggest to anyone.

Advice to Management

Starry caring., your nursing staff holds you together, budget isn't everything, the reason you have the job is because of the residents. If you help staff, they will respect and care more.

Cheap

Current Employee - Executive Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You grow to love the residents

Cons

Very low pay - totally non-competitive Lack of appreciation by Regional and Home Office Supervisors Almost NO retirement benefits Really poor health insurance

Advice to Management

Appreciate your people more - build teams instead of senidng ugly emails!

RSS Feed </> Embed