Capitol Office Solutions

3.9

Capitol Office Solutions President Reed Hagmann
Reed Hagmann

8 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great Place to Work, Lots of opportunity!!

Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great product, career advancement, work hard & play hard, fantastic people, cares about employees development. Promotes from within frequently.

Cons

Work hard but the rewards are great!

Communication is key, keep it up!

COS . . . A great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Leadership believes strongly in people development. They will take a chance on good performers who demonstrate results and commitment and give them additional responsibilities to grow their careers. It is a very supportive environment and everyone is invested in helping newer employees be successful. The company has great products and are committed to providing top-notch service to our customers. Our best asset is our people and we believe in recognizing them.

Cons

Everyone has a lot of work to do so there is no room for slackers.

Focus on teaching, coaching, motivating, developing and recognizing your employees.

An Amazing Place to work

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Capitol Office Solutions for almost two years and it is an amazing place to work. COS provides a great working environment with a strong Senior Staff and Management team. Employees are friendly and great to work with. They offer amazing benefits with several options to pick and choose from for what suits your needs, leadership development, and internal advancements. COS definitely values a strong work ethic, but rewards employees’ hard work with recognition, awards, trips, incentives, etc. There are a lot of tenured employees here at Capitol Office and I plan on growing here as well.

Cons

There are no pets allowed in the office

Fantastic place to grow or create a career! AWESOME people!

Current Employee - Senior L&D Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior L&D Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with COS for over 6 years, and have had a number of different roles with increasing responsibility over that time. There is huge advancement and growth opportunity both professionally and personally. COS is very much a work / hard play hard company, but you'll get out of it ten-fold what you invest into it. The leadership team is incredibly supportive and invested in the employees' success, and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves right alongside of anyone to help out. The organization is open to change and new ideas, and is always driving for continuous improvement. My absolute favorite part of my job is the people I work with; they make work fly by every day and it makes my job fun (even during times of high stress). I would highly recommend pursuing a career with COS.

Cons

The only thing I can even partially consider as a con would be work/life balance, however that is partially optional

Not a job for an experienced sales professional

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Overall, the sales force is a group of amazing people with a lot of experience to share. The training, although seemingly elementary, does a fantastic job of teaching about "Challenger" selling.

Cons

Although it is presented as outside sales, you must check in the office @ 8 am and out @ 5 pm, regardless of your territory. Expect to spend at least half the week in the office researching and tele-prospecting for new business. Additionally, as a commercial rep, your "protected" territory has been picked over by major acct reps( who take the largest accounts) and mid majors acct reps who can take accounts out of your territory as well. Be advised that there is a 50% turnover rate in the 1st year for Commercial Account Executives.

Have some trust and respect for your account executives, if you are hiring experienced sales people you need to allow them the flexibility to

If you take a job here, keep your options open. It's sort of like purgatory for your career.

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers
    It's a paycheck
    It might tie you over until you find another job

Cons

On a weekly basis, you will send an email to someone within the company only to receive a bounced message stating that the email address is no longer valid. Then you will find out that the person you are emailing is no longer with COS. This will occur so frequently that you will begin to wonder when you will be fired. You will walk on eggshells and search desperately for employment elsewhere. This will affect your performance. If you do not find another employment arrangement quickly enough, the hammer will finally come down, and you will be fired. Oddly, after you are fired, you will be somewhat relieved that your living nightmare has finally ended. The sun shines through the clouds once again. Of course you will move on to better things. How could it be worse?

Don't get too comfortable. I've seen everyone from VPs to the President of the company get the axe. You might as well just use your work day to search for other employment arrangements. This place is a waste of time and energy.

Great Opportunity !

Former Intern - Sales Intern in Columbia, MD
    Former Intern - Sales Intern in Columbia, MD

I worked at Capitol Office Solutions as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Friendly and vibrant co-workers
    -Great opportunities to move up within the company
    -Great pay
    -Respectful upper management
    -Great Incentives

Cons

-Stronger and more clear understanding of company's mission
    - Solidify training

-Spend more time focusing one-on-one with reps and make sure they know and understand the training material

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Outside Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Outside Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions

Pros

Flexible schedule, income potential, the people

Cons

We are revamping our training and right now it needs a little work. I'm sure the bugs will be worked out shortly.

Capitol Office Solutions Photos