Capstone Consultants

Add Photos

Brandon West

Right Place for the Right People

Account Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIf you are self-motivated to do well for yourself and building your own self-sufficient team, I highly recommend Capstone Consultants as an opportunity to achieve as much as you are able and willing to work for.
    I left Capstone primarily for relocation reasons, but if you are in the Charlotte area and looking for career advancement that YOU control, you will have the right supporting cast here. I still keep in touch with my coworkers, and not to mention the awesome manager, Brandon West, who certainly makes himself a friend to all employees. He is still my favorite boss I've ever had thus far. Great opportunity surrounded by great people.

ConsIt can be frightening knowing that your success isn't determined by your employer, and only by yourself. Direct marketing isn't for everyone, but as the title suggests, this is the right place for the right people; those who can tough it out and perform without letting fear be a deterrent or distraction. There can be real life negativity that you must overlook, and often, but this is up to you to perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep encouraging your new and future leaders! Continue to reach out even when employees aren't "on the clock." I wouldn't have lasted without that kind of support.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

An opportunity for the right person.

Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFor somebody that's looking to gain some good hard fought experience this is the place to do it. Nobody will hold your hand and you'll learn very quickly how to be tough in sales. Great start to a sales career. Also met some great people and went to some cool places along the way.

ConsI only see this company as a career for a very small percentage of employees that come through. It's good for experience and will make almost any other job seem simple but less than 1% make it to management and continue to succeed afterwards.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for the right people before hiring just anybody. In the end it just wastes everybodys time hiring anybody who's willing to give it a try.

Horrible, unprofessional people

Account Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThey saw you on time.

ConsLied, was consendening, insulting to anyone over 30. My interviewer had a degree, as do I. However, no management training, or people skills. They should tell you up front, that it is commission based only. I had on my resume, NO commission or sales positions. At the end of the interview he said" No hard feelings that I didn't hire you, and I enjoyed talking to you" WTH????

Advice to Senior ManagementHave truth inadvertising your positons. Unemployed people don't want to waste their time, energy and gas going there. Have your interviewers use tact, and take management and people skills training.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Capstone is an amazing place to work, full of positive energy and tons of growth and opportunity.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosgrowth -- advancement -- people with similar values -- family friendly -- fun -- opportunities -- travel

Consgrowth of office is crowding space -- need more offices opening soon

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to advance it takes 120% commitment and nothing less. With hard work and determination anyone can do the job, but it isn't a piece of cake. It's a challenging one, that's why everyone doesn't do it. Takes the best of the best.

Amazing place to learn leadership and management with consistent training and practice opportunities.

Account Executive/Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsAwesome Team - Great Training - Fast Paced - Dynamic - Family Focused - Amazing Opportunity - Financial Rewards

ConsBecause we expand from within, we've seen some of the veteran leaders move on to management and move away.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to challenge and drive your people with great meetings and team building activities and competitive exercises.

False information to get you to go into the interview, when asked directly about the job, they avoid answers.

Junior Executive (That's What They Told Me to Go In for the Interview) (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThey hire everyone that applies.

ConsWhat they told me to go in for the interview:
    "You will be interviewed for the position of junior executive and should reach management within 9-18 months. Base pay will be between 30-35k a year. This is a full time job. You will be working with our AT&T account."
    What I found out:
    Junior executive is their way of saying door-to-door sales. No base pay. All commission. You drive your own car with no allowances. They avoided all questions asked about the job and pay asking other people to answer me. Nobody would give an honest answer. I found out for myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if you wouldn't lie in your job posts and would honestly answer questions instead of beating around the bush.

Door to Door sales

Salesman (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThey will hire anyone, you don't have to sit at a desk all day, work day doesn't start till 11:00

ConsDon't be fooled, it is literally walking around in a neighborhood going door to door trying to get people to sign up for AT&T U-verse. It is commission only which they don't tell you unless you ask directly or until you shadow one of their team members. You have to drive your own car and there is no reimbursement for anything at all other than being able to write it off on your taxes. Some people might like door to door sales but it wasn't for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront when hiring people. If I had know that the position was going to door to door selling cable packages I wouldn't have wasted a whole day shadowing someone.

I've gained a lot of experience from the company in such a short time, with hands on training.

Account Executive/Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsYou will gain experience in anything from sales, leadership development, public speaking, training and interviewing. It's an upbeat team environment with great coworkers and the managers treat you with respect. It's true that this isn't the job for everybody, but if you don't mind a little hard work and are passionate about it you can succeed. The last thing i wanted to do right out of college was sales, but after looking for a few months i decided to give it a try. It's better than not working, serving table again or in a call center!

ConsIt is true entry level... commission for the most part. You have to work hard to make good money and you don't get paid vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom the day i walked through the door, they have trained me to become a true leader. I have the opportunity to advance into management within the year (not years).

Scam

Leader (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsYou will learn a lot.

ConsYou will go broke doing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie about how much you can make. People will eventually figure out that it is not mathematically possible to work there (and very hard) and still not be able to pay your bills after "splits"

Good Opportunities, But not For Everyone

Account Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with, there are actual opportunities for improvement

ConsThey hire more people than they can handle and it's easy to get lost in the crowd. Can't seem to hold on to female employees. HUGE turnover rate. They don't tell you that they only expect 1/100 people they hire to get to management.

Worked for Capstone Consultants? Contribute to the Community!