Capstone Consultants

1. Entry Level Account Manager

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capstone Consultants full-time

Pros

Great place to work. The atmosphere is amazing. I have never looked forward to going to work everyday until I started this job. It is fun and the benifits for working hard is amazing as well.

Cons

There are no cons. If you want to better your life this is the job that will help you accomplish that

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. capstone is an amazing work environment. Don't change a thing!

2. Corporate Trainer

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capstone Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I was at capstone I learned more about actual, applicable, real world business knowledge than I did in four years of college. Their sales, marketing and customer service training really transformed me from a timid recent college grad to someone who could confidently handle any sales situation or customer. Since leaving for relocation I've used the knowledge and skills learned there to propel me into a very desirable employee and into a very successful career.

Cons

Capstone will test your strength and will for sure. It's the kind of company that helps you set realistic achievable goals based off numbers not emotions. Like I said I wasn't tough to start but I am now.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep challenging people the way that you challenged me and my former employees. Y'all brought out a part of me I didn't even know existed.

3. Settle for this position, don't go all in with it.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Capstone Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Marketing and sales training
    -Friendly, professional leadership, if you keep in mind they are commission hounds.
    -Good commission rate (if you are lucky enough to convince people to switch their cable service in under 10 minutes at the front door of their home, most of who have no idea about AT&T U-Verse and don't like door-to-door solicitors).
    -Work outside, mostly
    -Charlotte is a fantastic city

Cons

-Only paid when you convince a potential customer to switch service (involves lengthy phone conversation with AT&T representative), aka no guarantee you will get ANY money, regardless of how many hours you put into it.
    -Not clear on actual responsibilities until they are ready to hire you (which is pretty easy after securing an interview).
    -Dress required is business professional, even though you will probably be walking around 5 miles a day through neighborhoods in all weather conditions. There is an option to wear AT&T licensed tops, however, but you of course have to pay for it up front.
    -Work hours are generally six days a week, 10 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Be more forthcoming about the fact that the position is more or less a door-to-door solicitor.

5. It was a fun time with reasonable benefits

Current Employee - Entry Level Marketing in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Entry Level Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capstone Consultants

Pros

It was an enjoyable experience, but got tedious after a while.

Cons

It was hard to fight into management.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to move up the chain and you will eventually get there.

6. Fantastic Learning Opportunity with Growth

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Training Position in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Training Position in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capstone Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone starts in an entry level position. Unlimited opportunity for growth. You cannot get stuck at one place. Fun team environment and training is great. Had no sales experience and learned everything from the ground up.

Cons

Everyone who gets to the next step is self motivated and determined. It takes hard work to move up and isn't based on time put in solely on the individual.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the fantastic training program.

Great Work environment, Growth, Opportunity and Hands on Training Provided

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capstone Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working here. This company provided hands on training and a great work environment. Fun people to be around, lots of team nights, great for people new to the Charlotte area. All promotions are merit based and from within no seniority. Everyone wants everyone to hit personal and company goals!

Cons

Takes hard work and motivation!

Advice to Management

Appreciate the values and morals of the company and focus on people and person growth!

8. Great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capstone Consultants full-time

Pros

Fun team environment. Great at goal setting. Fantastic management training program all merit based.

Cons

Definitely requires motivation and determination!

Rewarding

Current Employee - Entry Level Management in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Entry Level Management in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capstone Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hands on learning environment, personal growth and development, entry lever 100% trained, a company that only promotes from withing, incentives, free sporting events, team environment, leadership development, long term vision is clear, constant positive reinforcement. office culture is great

Cons

it is hard work and you must have a no excuse mentality, it is face to face consulting so if you are not comfortable speaking with people and have a outgoing personality this is probably not the best career path for you. only looking for people with a entrepreuniship mentality not a "job" but a career you must be in for longevity of it

Advice to Management

the management team works very hard to make sure you hit your goals

Capstone

I have been working at Capstone Consultants

Pros

None that i can think of, all door to door sales, no reimbursement for gas that you paid for. Stay away if you can.

Cons

Everything, door to door sales, SCAM, Entry level

11. Right Place for the Right People

Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Capstone Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are self-motivated to do well for yourself and building your own self-sufficient team, I highly recommend Capstone Consultants as an opportunity to achieve as much as you are able and willing to work for.
    I left Capstone primarily for relocation reasons, but if you are in the Charlotte area and looking for career advancement that YOU control, you will have the right supporting cast here. I still keep in touch with my coworkers, and not to mention the awesome manager, Brandon West, who certainly makes himself a friend to all employees. He is still my favorite boss I've ever had thus far. Great opportunity surrounded by great people.

Cons

It can be frightening knowing that your success isn't determined by your employer, and only by yourself. Direct marketing isn't for everyone, but as the title suggests, this is the right place for the right people; those who can tough it out and perform without letting fear be a deterrent or distraction. There can be real life negativity that you must overlook, and often, but this is up to you to perform.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your new and future leaders! Continue to reach out even when employees aren't "on the clock." I wouldn't have lasted without that kind of support.

Capstone Consultants Photos