Capstone Logistics

Be The First To
Add Photos

On Site Manager

I have been working at Capstone Logistics

ProsGreat place to work. Very fun

ConsSome demands are unrealistic when it comes to safety goals. lose too much bonus potential with areas beyond your control.

First day on the job -"Congratulations, you've past your drug test, all the ones in the back do not work."- Site Manager

Truck Unloader (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Capstone Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is nothing good about this job.

ConsPoorly managed, very unprofessional, slave pay ($240 dollars for 45 hours of work), management condescends workers behind back, discouraging, lack of equipment, lack of teamwork. VERY VERY high turnover rate. 5 days of "training" and then was thrown out to the wolves. I had to ask other co workers the ropes. I got NOTHING from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit looking for prostitutes on the backpages website during work hours asking to use my phone so your wife won't find out...not a good look.

CORPORATE MUST COME INVESTIGATE ASAP.

Not what they Promise

Site Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Capstone Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros15 days vacation after first year..but that could change at any minute as the company changes policies and expectations on a near weekly basis

Cons70+ Hours a week, No holidays off, Customer micro manages Site, No support from Directors/VP, Extreme Turnover of employees due to pay

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your supervisors/Managers more, Pay production employees more, Do not make fake promises regarding raises/promotions. Do not allow our customers to continuously control our operations and charge for things that could not possibly be in the contract. Follow up to Supervisors/Managers emails/complaints instead of ignoring completely.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rather be a panhandler

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Capstone Logistics

ProsHa! A good laugh! Because you ACTUALLY put that as a option! Bring on the cons! And not the ones you will work under at the company!

ConsThis company is an absolute abomination! Scams, deceit, cheats, liars, rudeness, and etc beyond etc! I've never been left with such a bitter taste in my mouth from a company to where as I would have a sour stomach simply off reading their name. The manager where i work was a slob and a snake who chewed tobacco WITHIN THE OFFICE and kept a empty, no label water bottle on his desk which he used as a spittoon, This company over charged customers and underpaid you! So guess what that would make you? A pawn! And a broke pawn at that! But before that they will feed you fantasies of what could be acquired from them upon hiring you i warn you, DON'T DO IT! Also the particular Capstone logistics I worked at the manager hired non english speaking illegals had them do the work and paid them pigeon feed, since the guys didn't understand what was the actual pay scale or how making more money per hour worked there, when the poor guy turned in his paperwork the manager and dock lead signed off on the loads as if they lumped them and split the money! So i say to all you job seekers, go back to the job search section and save yourself your sanity and decency, move forward, you will find a actual job.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're doubtful to anything stated above, the corporate office should hire spies as faux workers for EVERY LOCATION and dispatch them there at random times and get the first hand experience for yourself. Think about it, you're not even getting a two star rating! Isn't that kinda odd?

absolutely horrible.

Unloader (Current Employee)
Portland, TN

I have been working at Capstone Logistics full-time for more than a year

Proswas paid, but even they managed to mess that up often.
had to fight just to be paid correctly.

ConsDon't even bother. is the best advice i have for you

Never been happier than the day I QUIT

Lead (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I worked at Capstone Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsTalk a good story on growth, care about employees and customers are important

ConsNever practice what they said; promises are quickly forgotten; I have never seen a company that compliments you when you cheat your customer. How can I be praised by my manager when I overcharge a driver. I wanted to return the money and he told me NO.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou talk a good story and it is only a matter of time before your customers realize that mistreating employees and overcharging drivers to unload their trucks is not going to be allowed.

Good at first; horrible after working there for a 2 months.

Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee)
Central Islip, NY

I worked at Capstone Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsBetter pay then other opening around me.

ConsThink there the best company ever. Boss and higher management don't understand anything. Management NEEDS management training; broke MANY basic laws!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementQUIT your job NOT school. Or at least take some basic business classes.

Never-ending uphill battle

Site Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Capstone Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsAs a site manager, your regional managers and directors are located in other parts of the country, giving you the opportunity to operate with some autonomy.

ConsPoor communication between customer and Capstone at the Executive Levels. Information portraying what the relationship between the two companies was supposed to be like never seemed to get filtered down to management teams on the customer side at the sites. Capstone managers and production employees are viewed as 3rd-class citizens by the customer, and are outwardly treated as such. Extremely high turnover, with extremely low employee satisfaction due to pay-for-production pricing levels and availability of profitable freight for associates to handle.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe "kumbaya" relationship between customer executives and Capstone executives does not filter down to the site level, and Capstone employees at the site are left without support to fight a fight that cannot be won.

Poorly Managed, Unbalanced Pay

Second Shift Supervisor/Freight Handler (Current Employee)
Jackson, WI

I have been working at Capstone Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsThis job keeps you in pretty good physical shape. Other than that, there isn't much positive about working for this company.

ConsWorking on second shift greatly limits your income opportunities because all of your loads are logistics loads, meaning they have a pre-determined rate through a contract with Sysco. I do up to 2 times the work as some people of first shift but get around the same pay just because I have no opportunity for cash/live loads.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there was any way to integrate some cash/live loads on second shift or start an incentive program based on productivity and/or safety to balance out the fact that you only get logistics loads. This would make the position much more desirable and I feel it would make people want to stay at this job.

You have been warned

Unloader (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capstone Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsAbsolutely NONE. Just look at the reviews and include the other name they used LMS Intellibound. The only people rating high are managers, should tell you something

ConsThe company is so bad, they changed their name from LMS Intellibound to Capstone Logistics. Guess that is one way to hide. Why do the managers all give the company 5 stars and the real worker gives them 1 star. I know, because they reward the managers for cheating us out of our hard earned money. This company should be a big target for a Union. They would clean up this mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementStarts at the top. You must be behind all of the problems from cheating drivers out of fair charges, overcharging the customer and paying your employees minimum wage. You should b e ashamed.

Worked for Capstone Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capstone Logistics reviews and ratings. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Capstone Logistics employees.