Capstone Real Estate Services

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
CEO

1. Great Company with opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Property Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is opportunity for growth.

Cons

Healthcare program not the greatest.

Advice to Management

Consider a raise increase based on employees performance and seniority, in return to obtain committed and valued employees.

2. Love it here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Co-workers are nice and easy to get along with. Executive management is great and easy to talk to. I do not see what others have complained about in regards to the executive management. Executive management is also taking steps to award and recognize their employees more as well. Capstone also has an extensive training program to keep employees up to date in regards to property management.

Cons

Benefits are not the best, but I don't blame them. It is what is because of what was done to healthcare. While they do not contribute to 401k, at least they offer the option to save. It is up to the individual to save for retirement anyway, not lean on someone else to subsidize their investments.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards employee investment by making them feel wanted and recognize faithful and high achieving employees.

3. Good 'Stepping stone'

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Employees are great, the managers have good taste in hiring people that fit in the groove. There are good stories when the company shared with employees and had good company events from the comfortable people. The work was easy

Cons

Moral is gone. Executives are not nice nor say hello when passing by. IT is in a horrible state. Had to walk across the street to park. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Watch the money flow, there are several leeches that are pocketing with outside help from upper management.

5. Property Manager

Former Employee - Property Manager in Copperas Cove, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Copperas Cove, TX

I worked at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capstone gave me the opportunity to grow. I started as a housekeeper and got one promotion after the other. The last year I got promoted to a property Manager. The pay is good.

Cons

There is really nothing bad to say about Capstone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Worst Experience Ever

Former Employee - Propert Manager in New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Propert Manager in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mainly nice properties to work at

Cons

Treated like you are not worth anything No support when you ask for it Micro managed Regional Managers change like the days of the week Promises are not kept Salary changed AFTER acceptance letter given

Advice to Management

company values should include actually listening to and supporting staff members, not treating them like they don't mean anything, after all you hire professionals for a reason - let them be professionals and learn to trust them

Not the best company to work for.

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, good place for non execs to gain experience and work history, location.

Cons

Low pay, terrible benefits, company does not contribute to employee's 401k, no room for growth, poor management, managers treat employees (even great employees) like they are disposable, low employee morale, poor company culture...execs get huge bonuses while everyone else gets a tiny annual raise.

Advice to Management

Value your employees....pay your employees more...executives need to be more involved with their employees to close the gap between executives and non executives.

Accounting

Former Employee - Accounting - Corporate Office in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting - Corporate Office in Austin, TX

I worked at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are very nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

Management is the absolute worst. They are the most unprofessional people I've ever encountered. Management would openly talk about firing and laying off employees. The accounting managers have no concept of working towards one goal. They micromanage to the point of not allowing their employees to communicate with other departments. The pay is very low and the benefits are a joke. If you have a family, you are basically just working to cover the insurance premium. Morale is on a very fast decline. Turnover is pretty much monthly.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and actually try and have a little bit of compassion and empathy towards ALL employees. If you don't change, the turnover rate will only get worse. The accounting managers need to get off of their high horse and learn to work as a team. Work on paying your employees and have an occasional incentive. Birthday cake once a month in place of the company picnic was a terrible move.

The worse place to work...EVER

Pros

Its a great location. That is all about I can say about them.

Cons

This is always the worst, and I do mean the WORST place to work for. Even if you are desperate, work for McDonald's. Use this as a warning, DO NOT WORK HERE!!!! I wish I was armed with this information. Their turnover should speak for itself. And yes, the managers are very inexperienced! RUN AWAY FROM THEM FAST!

Advice to Management

Truly, get over yourselves.

Awful

Current Employee - Property Accountant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Property Accountant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can sit at my computer all day and browse the internet. Good place to get your foot in the door.

Cons

Huge salary gap between executives and non-execs. Conservative company who would rather save a penny than upgrade their 10 year old computers. No room for growth. Turnover is huge, company is like a revolving door. People are not motivated because of inefficient management, no bonuses, benefits are expensive and terrible, no perks to working here.

Advice to Management

If you spend a little bit more on your workforce, you will be more productive. Why would any one want to work here if you don't make it a place where people want to work?

No room for growth

Pros

If you don't have expectations of growth in your career, do apply.

Cons

No training, no opportunity to move up, no relation with employees, micro manages.

RSS Feed </> Embed