Capstrat

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ken Eudy

Not your typical agency. B2B work makes for a much more brain-bending day at the office, but in the best way possible.

Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat people. Great office environment. Challenging but rewarding client projects. Run-of-the-mill company values. Creatives often feel very siloed and as though their creativity has to be diluted.

ConsOpportunities for growth, mostly. A little bit political in some operational capacities. But that's just a facet of being bought by Ketchum, probably.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow each of your employees on a personal basis so you can really understand the value they add (or not).

Great range of work, smart people

ProsThe breadth of work opportunities keeps me here. I can't imagine working on the client side and being stuck with just one client. And the brainpower is inspiring.

ConsThe work is hard and if you're driven to excel, you'll be putting in a lot of hours. It can be very hard to get promoted, unless you're a young account person.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild in more protection for work/life balance.

Challenging, fulfilling work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people. Work-life balance. Encouraging management. That and more is what you'll find at Capstrat. The work is challenging and the outcomes is fulfilling.

ConsThe culture has rapidly deteriorated. The company is shifting into a new iteration of itself and it's been a bumpy ride.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Art Dir/Designer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance and strong managerial interaction. Almost to a fault. Everyone is very nice and Capstrat can be a very fun place to work.

ConsIt's a stellar agency that does what it does well but as a creative I found it stifling. Most direction is dictated by the account side of the house which can be very frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring it back in to the creative side of the house.

Wonderful place to work

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsCapstrat is a diverse group of bright, hardworking, passionate people who love what they do. Great work/life balance and culture of respect and camaraderie.

ConsLack of innovation in terms of creating new products and tools - client work takes priority

Advice to Senior ManagementDevote more resources to innovation

Great place to intern and start out in the PR/Comm world

Client Services Intern (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat people. Great culture. Great clients.

ConsHardly any. Sometimes can be slow.

Pushing a rock up a hill

Vice President (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, Nice work space

ConsPresident was not understand want was going on in the company and who was working and who wasn't. Creative Director was snide and only pretended to care.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say your values are.

A good variety of clients, industries, and people.

Raleigh, NC

ProsCapstrat is full of intelligent, driven , inquisitive people. They come from varied backgrounds in Public Affairs, Public Relations, Design, Interactive, Social Media, Writing/Content, etc. They range from 20-somethings to 60-somethings. They all have one thing in common, they want to help their clients solve critical problems and grow their business. I have seen many people come to Capstrat and really climb the ladder. Not everyone can cut it, because the workload can be demanding, but those that give it their all are certainly rewarded for their efforts.

ConsYou have to look long and hard to find something to complain about at Capstrat. The benefits, compensation, training budget, PTO, health care, etc. are all more than fair. If there were one complaint, it would probably be from some client teams that are having growing pains and are buried under the workload. Those teams will grow though and the load will get lighter when they do. Capstrat is notorious for slowly hiring, because they only hire the best. Seems like a smart growth strategy to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. In the worst of times you have still managed to grow at a rapid clip. You are doing many things right. Be aware of where the growing pains are most severe and attempt to alleviate those more quickly.

Above average communication firm

ProsPrestigious clients
    Challenged to be a "step ahead"

ConsLONG hours and no additional compensation or time off
    Investment in the development of employees was not formally established.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more specific development plans for junior staff so that it's clear what path they can take to moving up in their career.

Great place to work

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsThe people are very talented and dedicated, very interesting work and a strong senior management team. The company truly cares about delivering quality work for our clients while placing their employees above everyone and anything else. You have the opportunity to wear a number of different hats to learn and try new things while improving your skill sets.

ConsYou really need to think long and hard to find downsides of working at Capstrat. I think if I had to say anything, just like many other talented and growing companies, sometimes there is just not enough hours in the day to get the work done. But I guess in the grand scheme of things, there could be a lot worse downsides than this.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to empower your employees.

Worked for Capstrat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capstrat reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capstrat CEO Ken Eudy. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Capstrat employees.