Capterra Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.9
Michael Ortner

An uplifting work environment!

Current Employee - Content Writer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Capterra has been a great job for multiple different reasons. First, the environment is set up very communally. There are no cubicles and everyone works in a common space which is great for facilitating good conversation and interaction between coworkers. People who work there are very friendly and genuinely interested in one another' lives, making it an uplifting and encouraging environment as well. Capterra is also very understanding about taking time off when it comes to family emergencies, last minute necessities, etc. It really aims to not only serve its customers, but its employers as well.

Cons

Many things that could be considered cons about Capterra are small things. The room that employers work in is often very cold (a simple sweater fixes this problem). It would also be nice to have a few more chairs in the kitchen and an extra table for the lunch rush.

Advice to Management

Management is very on top of things. Thank you for being so stellar!

Buyer Advisor

I have been working at Capterra full-time

Pros

There is a high level of autonomy with the company. As a results-driven organization, they allow you a lot of leeway on how you accomplish tasks, which spurs innovation and creative thinking. The management is immediately available and they take great care about who they bring onboard to make sure that company culture remains strong. A great place for those with great attitudes!

Cons

Most of the downsides (despite how few there are) aren't really controlled by Capterra. The building is usually quite cold, even on the hottest days in the summer. Plus it's located in a high-rent area (but what area in DMV isn't?). As a member on the newest team we're still getting our legging on how to best tackle the market, but we're working well together to fix it.

Advice to Management

We're expanding quickly, which is great! I think we're at the right point to expand! My only advice is to start a streamlined process for onboarding new team members as each new person will have to meet dozens of people and learn how each department fits the company. It's an exciting time!

Great Job. Great People.

Current Employee - Content Writer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Capterra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No other company that I have worked for has ever been so welcoming, accommodating, or helpful. The management and other employees go above and beyond to help you fit in to their culture and into your position. The office setting is open with no walls or doors separating employees and management, which really decreases the intimidation of going to them for help. Not only does the management want to help you, they work to optimize you in the best position for you whether it be writing, marketing, web building, social media, cold calling, etc. They build off of your strengths. The pay is great as are the benefits.

Cons

It is hard to come up with any cons for Capterra. Things can get pretty hectic when the kitchen runs out of Popcorners or Perrier, but aside from that there is nothing negative to report.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It took a lot to build Capterra and I'm sure it will take just as much effort to keep it going and growing.

Open space and good place to work

Current Employee - Annonimous in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Annonimous in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Capterra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm new to a company wide open space, and I really appreciate it. I like the lack of barrier to other departments where different types of people work. I think a relevant comment by the CEO was that "other companies don't treat their employees like adults." I really see how the opposite is true here. There are no set vacation. Instead employees are encourages to take a reasonable amount of leave.

Cons

The open policies can leave you not knowing where you stand. It's hard to negotiate, "can I borrow some future vacation time by dedicating it to a big trip now?" I agree with the cons in other reviews. There are growing pains as we need to institute more structure to replace looser procedures which will not scale to a larger workforce. If an open space and lack of structure doesn't work for you, this is not the place for you to work. There is potential for distraction, in the open layout.

Advice to Management

Good job, keep up the good work.

6. Great Company

Current Employee - Marketing Advisor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing Advisor in Washington, DC

Pros

Capterra is by far the best company I've worked for. The managers do a great job of making you feel like you are really apart of the success and performance of the company. Great opportunity to grow laterally and get involved in other projects. Employees are rewarded well for performance. It's great to feel energized and motivated by my work and it's really fun to see this company grow.

Cons

None. At this point, I really don't have anything negative to say about Capterra. We are like a family and I'm lucky to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. Great place to work

I have been working at Capterra full-time

Pros

Your opinion is encouraged and valued here. It's great to work for a company that expects good work, but trusts you to get it done. The work/life balance is amazing and management supports professional development and growth.

Cons

We need a bigger tech team (we're working on this). Projects can get put on hold because we don't have the man power to do everything we want to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. The Best Internship I've Ever Had

Pros

Capterra is not just service-oriented when it comes to clients--it also seeks to serve its employees well. Even the interns benefit from this, as our supervisors have ensured that we always have meaningful, not to mention enjoyable, work to do. The open atmosphere in the office creates a spirit that's socially welcoming and that encourages collaboration between teams.

Cons

I truly can't think of any downsides to working at Capterra. If you don't like a happy, open workspace, fun colleagues, and lots of snacks, then this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! This is a wonderful place to work, and it is clearly bringing you success.

9. Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Capterra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Capterra offers an incredible company culture that is open and welcoming. It fosters personal and professional development, and promotes unity as a company. Everyone puts forth their best effort and encourages asking questions to learn from one another. (The kitchen stocked with snacks is pretty nice, too!)

Cons

The only real con with Capterra is if you don't like working in an open office space, or don't love free snacks.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

A fantastic place for growth!

I have been working at Capterra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Culture (autonomy, friendliness, growth-orientated) *Benefits (Full health, unlimited leave, flexible hours, free food) *Understanding management (always willing to listen and explain, takes time to mentor you) *Ideal for recent graduates This position is generally seen as an 18-24 month position, with you either moving on to a new role within the company, or moving on in general. That said, you don't have to wait 18 months to try something new. If there is a company initiative you want to participate in, they will generally not mind and accept you with open arms.

Cons

*None that are due to the organization, but personal circumstance. *If you don't like open office spaces, it's not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Fantastic place to work

Current Employee - Marketing in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Capterra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great environment for someone to do a lot of learning. I'm just starting out in my career and the management here has really encouraged me to try different things to help me figure out exactly what I want to do within marketing and to develop my skills. Plus, no dress code - I LOVE wearing stretchy clothes to work every day. The people here have a lot of integrity as well. They work very hard and it encourages me to do my best. I never feel like I have to carry anyone on my team.

Cons

We have an open office, which has a lot of benefits, but I'm often put off by the lack of privacy. However, I'm a very loud person, so it's probably just a personal thing.

Advice to Management

For the most part, I think management is doing a really great job - especially because they're always willing to listen to any feedback I might have. It's really important to me that my boss be willing to listen when I have a problem and help me out.

RSS Feed </> Embed