Car-Freshner Corporation

Jody LaLone

Great place to work

Chemist (Former Employee)

I worked at Car-Freshner Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people work at this company and there is a sense of community shared by almost everyone that works there. The pay is decent and there are several perks. It was a wonderful place to start my career.

ConsThe clocking in and out for non salaried positions is a bit too strict. I saw it make very good employees nervous a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly advice I have is, see if you can do something about the strictness of the time clock.

Great company with new energy

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Car-Freshner Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHard working great people, caring company. New energy and mission has come with the revamping of some departments. Change can be good if people understand it and push forward.

ConsLacks communication with employees about goals and objectives. Employees are willing to do whatever is needed but some lack direction or meaning in their roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate as much as possible to employees

22 year former employee kicked to the curb

Financial Analyst Former Assistant Controller (Former Employee)

I worked at Car-Freshner Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsInsurance benefits are industry standard. Financially solid company. You know your paycheck is good every Wednesday.

ConsMICROMANAGEMENT - 6 upper management are the only employees that are allowed to make decisions. Management style is by intimidation only. Employees are not apply to freely express their opinion without feeling it was a "stupid" idea. After a year with the company most current employee just show up and do the minimum required any more is not appreciated. A large portion of the staff at HQ are on some type of medication so they can go to work each and every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your very talented employees do their jobs. The president (JRAL) and representation of ownership (DS) really needs to step up and take charge of moral in the company. Stop letting the VPs treat the employees they supervise with intimidation tactics.

Private company with big personality

Manager (Former Employee)
Watertown, NY

I worked at Car-Freshner Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsCulture unique, positive, and retains the values of a company founded in the 50's. Employees dress up for Halloween, decorate for Christmas, and are on a first name basis across facilities. For Thanksgiving every employee receives a Turkey and at Christmas the company sponsors holiday parties.

ConsLocation, Watertown gets a lot of snow.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep true to the founding values and principles

Enjoyable workplace

Watertown, NY

I have been working at Car-Freshner Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsTerrific co-workers
Caring management
Pay and benefits good for the area

ConsSome departments not as satisfied
Some departments have a very overwhelming workload
Limited advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to break away from tradition and be proactive, both with product and sales, but also with technology and employee satisfaction. Foster more collaboration between departments.

Lack of vision, Rules with Iron Fist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Car-Freshner Corporation

ProsMost of the people who work there are absolutely wonderful

ConsTop, top management (excluding the president) strong arms everyone to the point that any sort of vision or creativity is kept confined within some excellent employees, due to pure and complete lack of job security. Everyone at Car-Freshner is expendable and everyone knows it. You can only rule by fear for so long.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop bullying your employees. Allow them to challenge your views. They are not putting you down but are instead trying to better a company which, lets face it, is outdated.

If you are reading this, you can do better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Car-Freshner Corporation

ProsFor the area, Car-Freshner is an employer with some opportunities that locals like.

While substandard, they do offer a decent health coverage plan for the region.

ConsNepotism is highly rampant and senior management is filled with ignorant individuals with little to know real world experience in management skills or knowledge of the industry. They think they are leaders in the industry, when in fact they are stupid (honestly). In spite of themselves, they seem to maintain afloat. The current owner (Ronald Samman) is very rude and overbearing, and under-hands operations of really talented employees. Car-Freshner as a culture is absolutely abusive and hopes to keep all employees "dumbed-down" so that anyone with any sense about business or technology are squashed, since that would mean a rebellion in the midst of the organization. Mention the word "knowledge" "leadership" or "ISO" and you will certainty be fired or let "go".

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up, although many will not. They are under extreme pressure to be fear mongering and discourage any sort of talent whatsoever. They want "drones" who will carry out the under-handed practices they encourage.

Worked for Car-Freshner Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Car-Freshner Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Car-Freshner Corporation CEO Jody LaLone. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Car-Freshner Corporation employees.