Cara Operations

Be The First To
Add Photos

Don M. Robinson

Harvey's

Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) Burlington, ON (Canada)

ProsPretty fun at first
    easy job to learn
    free food if you have nice managers
    scheduling and pay was prompt very very rarely not on time

Consvery hot working in a fast food kitchen in the summer
    gets old after a while, which I imagine is normal for most fast food jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everything is safe to use for employees and checked regularly, I worked there for about 3 years and the air conditioning never worked the whole time i was there. Also, more seriously, there was a ceiling collapse which may have been fatal if there was someone standing underneath it.

Very fast-paced!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vaughan, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat people, discount card for restaurants, beautiful office (with fitness facility), pays well, offers summer hours

ConsLots of changes...but other than that, I don't have other criticisms. I enjoyed my time at CARA tremendously.

cara

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswage overtime people pretty much

Consmanagers rushing you to complete

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Typical for this kind of work

Call Center Representative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCo workers were friendly, a lot of people my age, made a lot of great friends that I continue to speak with til this day? Discounts on the food

ConsManagement don't know what they're doing, too much power tripping, and disorganization, dealing with difficult customers, need a better system for finding addresses

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for management staff

Call center agent

Guest Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFlexibility in shifts. Pay isn't bad. People are fun to work with. Management will listen if you approach them.

ConsOpen favouritism. Lousy benefits. Management is to concerned about being employees friends. They focus on the negative and offer no positive feed back. Management gets punctuality and performance confused. No sick days even without pay. Lack of communication between management and employees. Rules change constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the favouritism. Give more positive feed back. Offer some sick days even if its unpaid. Listen to what your employees are saying.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Initially great company to work with before the (2006-2008) senior management changes.

Manager (Former Employee) Vaughan, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat team spirit among staff members.
    A genuine display of care for the development staff members by some middle and senior managers.
    The daily challenges guaranteed you'll never have a boring day a Cara.

ConsOver staffed at the Senior management level.
    The company appears to operating in panic mode instead of a strategic management mode resulting in the implementation some really bad decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time as the company is once again under new management, however if this management walk the talk then I'm optimistic for the future of this company.

Internal Auditor

Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Vaughan, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat People, great work life balance

ConsLow salaries, no increases for 4 years, 2 weeks vacation :(

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your staff

Good Company but average Management

Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood Compensation & Benefits with adequate work life balance considering restaurant environment.

ConsManagement structure changes too frequently, no method to the madness.
    Too many experiments and too much favouritism. People who were the backbone of the company were let-go and highly paid Queen's graduates were hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as human beings, it's not a marketing firm it's a restaurant business.

Okay Experience

ProsCo-workers were great. Good team environment. Reasonably good pay for the position. Looks like there was opportunity to grow if you stayed with company.

ConsUpper management did not always recognize the hard work and effort that was put in. Could have used more training. Sometimes involved long hours.

Service Desk Analyst

Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Pros- Friendly Workers
    - Get to troubleshoot POS, Payment Terminal, Computers
    - Work with different Vendors
    - Clean, desk job

Cons- Hard to be fulltime
    - People don't share information easily
    - People will help if you ask but everyone just want to do their work and leave. You can work beside a person 30 hours a week but don't expect anyone to say as much as hi to you. Other than that if you just want to work and leave, this is not a bad place to work.

Worked for Cara Operations? Contribute to the Community!