Cara Operations Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Bill Gregson

Pros
  • Great People, great work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Owners had no clue what they were doing (in 3 reviews)

• Senior Management lost touch on how to communicate properly with their employees not unless you were a Queens Graduate (in 3 reviews)

1. good

I worked at Cara Operations

Pros

Its really good company to work for

Cons

there is nothing bad about the company

2. Best Company to work with!

Former Employee - General Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Cara Operations full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with Cara operations in a corporate environment was a fantastic experience. They always invested in education and in indivials to promote growth. Appreciation applied, constant recognition, growth opportunities, challenged excellence. It was a great learning environment for myself. A company that values both hourly and salaried associates the same. One of the best companies that I have worked with.

Cons

Looking back, I can not find any cons. If there were any I would likely talk to my Area Manager and resolve any issues.

Advice to Management

Challenge yourself to be better each day. Enjoy your job and have fun, it can contagious. Life is to short, enjoy it. If you find your in a position where you are overwhelmed, don't be shy to ask for help or advise. If your not happy at work and exhausted all avenues, then it's best to move on. If your not happy, I will bet your staff are not happy then the guest will not be happy. Try not to be selfish and waste the companies money and leave a mess for the next person. I have witness this at other locations and other business.

3. brand manager

Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Vaughan, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I worked at Cara Operations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

company is going in the right direction

Cons

not many growth opportunities and they don't pay well. they tell you upfront they don't pay well but pay through bonuses. bonuses are at 4%, which isn't much

Advice to Management

train your people and do not be so worried about spending and developing your people

5. Staff Member at Harvey's

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

I worked at Cara Operations (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers were fun, close proximity to my house, couple of hot babes, food discount was also good

Cons

Coworkers .... and min wage, manager was a bit off, near the end they apparently only hired ex cons lol

Advice to Management

Keep well staffed, pay them well, promote from within, do not make 1 person do 2-3 peoples job. dont hire goons

6. appreciable

Former Employee - Garnisher, Cashier, and Drive-Thru in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Garnisher, Cashier, and Drive-Thru in Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at Cara Operations part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun and learn a lot.

Cons

Some time very less hour.

Advice to Management

Really good environment.

7. bartender

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I worked at Cara Operations

Pros

Friendly work environment, performance based scheduling, able to make lucrative amount of tips (sometimes over $300 a night) made lasting relationships, time flies, job isn't stressful, flexible schedules, mostly good management, ability to move up. Overall great experience.

Cons

Dying brand, head office are jerks but they're only there on occasion, long hours (but the longer you work the more you make). Dont usually get weekends but you get used to it. Standing a lot, a lot of walking and blisters. Pressure to look "like your going to the party, not coming from one".

Advice to Management

Dont be lazy, dont be mean and back our decisions (within reason)

8. Ok part time job while in school.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Cara Operations part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility. As a student I would be able to rearrange my schedule to work with my schooling and other events

Cons

Very little appreciation for employees or empowerment to make decisions. Owner would be stingy. Needed repairs would be put off and raises, if any, were minimal. Brand wise seem to be trying to go away from core strengths and trying to reach into markets were they don't belong.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees. Focus on your strenghts. New menu items are great, but try to understand the limits to freezer sizes as well as what can be done efficiently.

9. Manager

I worked at Cara Operations

Pros

Fastpace, newer IT team , There are tons of work and specially WRT the PCI com pliancy and general network security arena which there are multitude of large holes there, however mgmt seems are in denial of this fact.

Cons

Too many parallel projects, Too much office politics, unreal expectations time to time, I had less than half the staff required to run in my team compare to previous administration.

10. Not pleasant.

Former Employee - Garnisher, Cashier, and Drive-Thru
    Former Employee - Garnisher, Cashier, and Drive-Thru

I worked at Cara Operations part-time

Pros

Coworkers were basically the only pro of working at Harveys. They were fun and friendly, super easy to get along with and remained friends even after I quit Harveys.

Cons

Would force overtime and not pay for it. Would post schedules and then cross hours out with a pen and change them without asking. Was put into uncomfortable situations and had to take on tasks that were not part of my duties and also was not trained on (grilling/fryer) Senior management was unpleasant/rude to employers Negative energy all around the restaurant (lots of coworkers fighting/management arguing/a lot of talking behind the back)

Advice to Management

Treat employers respectfully, ask them if they feel comfortable doing certain tasks that they are not trained on.

11. Line Cook

Former Employee - Line Cook in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Cara Operations

Pros

fun work environment. Met lots of great.. Provided me with the opportunity to learn about myself and to learn about my colleagues. Had a great tim here

Cons

Management could learn a thing or two from people who are ACTUALLY working. Some of the managers were good although most were just there to cut cost and increase their own bonuses.

Advice to Management

Get a suggestion box!

RSS Feed </> Embed