Caradigm
www.caradigm.com Bellevue, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Caradigm Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Michael Simpson

Pros:
  • "good work life balance as a result of all the rest and vest legacy employees"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Started with a bevy of Microsoft and GE products, along with a customer base and a global drive for healthcare information systems"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Engineering team needs improvement - there is a certain clash of cultures between teams inherited from Microsoft and GE"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Upper management seems to make decisions on a whim - what products to make, reorgs, etc"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat culture- IT + healthcare, contributions are valued. Bold leadership, great teamwork atmosphere. There is trust up and down thru the organization.

ConsFocused on Population Health IT tools- market is still evolving

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making bold decisions

An exciting place with major investments in an exciting segment of healthcare IT

Pros* A focus/strategy to deliver products in one of the hottest areas in healthcare today - population health
    * Support of blue-chip parents yet a self-defined culture and autonomy to create processes that work for a new company
    * Partnership with an industry visionary (Geisinger) to help define product offerings
    * Ability to create products that have a real impact in improving care and reducing cost
    * Reasonable work/life balance despite challenging deliverable schedules
    * Great benefits

Cons* Still learning to find best ways to operationalize best practices - but getting better month by month
    * As the organization is still in its early stages, constant change is required for success, some of the workforce not yet accustomed to managing change

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive for simplicity and delivering value to Caradigm's customers...

Rich technology set, good people, challenging opportunities

Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people - technically skilled and fun to work with. Desire to improve the software both the feature set and quality aspects. Aligning technology and architecture w/current industry trends. Supportive leadership that's open to initiatives. Great compensation all up. Great location and nice offices.

ConsStartup environment brings some level of uncertainty, but I guess that's the whole difference between the startup and established company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoved recent engineering decisions related to product architecture, keep at it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting opportunities and a flexible workplace

Bellevue, WA

ProsGood products and fun team. Bellevue office next to transit center is convenient for commute, shopping and restaurants. Benefits are very competitive. Engineering teams are solid, work hard and consistently deliver. Flexible workplace and schedule to help with work/life balance. Access to both GE and Microsoft on-line employee stores.

ConsFragmented and evolving health IT marketplace. Not necessarily a con, but be ready for constant change. No company is dominant. I think Caradigm's strategy is sound and they have good board membership, but there is plenty of risk and opportunity. If you're a Steady Eddy, this is not the place for you. Priorities and organization will shift to keep pace with the market.

Excellent company to work for

IT Security Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsKind environment, nice people easy access to public transportation

ConsNo Cons for consideration in working at this company

Almost 2 years and still happy to be here!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsI like working here because I have the freedom and opportunity to write great code. There is plenty of variety in the work and plenty of challenges. My coworkers are Intelligent, interesting people and I have flexibility to balance my work and my family. My managers are not pressuring me to get promoted, so I get to focus on doing a good job on the work I like. Finally, I get to be a player in a growing industry that has a direct effect on people's health and well being.

ConsThe only one I can think of is that we're still working to be profitable, but the trajectory is encouraging and keeps me happily working.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen making crepes, be sure to use a seasoned crepe pan - a frying pan used only for crepes. This will protect the flavor and help preserve the non-stick surface which is essential for flipping crepes without a spatula.

Great up and Coming Company making a difference

Draper, UT

ProsDynamic work environment, Great team, Working on software that will make a difference

ConsAs with any startup we are moving quickly, and things change from time-to-time

Once in a lifetime chance to make game changing healthcare analytics and applications

Engineering Director (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsTimely opportunity to impact and change a large industry by bringing the best of today's technology to healthcare IT. If you don't have experience working in a startup best advice is to not look at Caradigm. On the other hand if you like a vibrant environment, get energized by a fast pace, don't mind wearing many hats and doing whatever it takes to delight customers... don't wast any time; join in the fun at Caradigm. No, I don't work in Marketing, nor am I in HR. I am on the engineering team and I absolutely love working at the company. Working at Caradigm is a rare blend of a startup (been a company for about a year) with the benefits and backing of very large and profitable parent companies (GE and Microsoft). Combine this with the four company values Customer, Teamwork, Simplicity and Promises and you get the culture in the company. This is one company that actually lives its values. Very transparent corporate culture resulting in no politics!

ConsStartup environment so expect there to be more work than people to get the job done. Meaning, you will work long hours but everything you do will have a direct impact to the toughest engineering and business issues our country and economy faces today. Schedules are tight and execution focus is keenly watched so very little room for error. What this means is you will work with senior leadership regularly so everyone is expected to lead their area. If this kind of work is not for you, don't join the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on growing the top line, preserve the special culture we have built in the company, hold the recruiting bar high and let's go get 'em!

Ability to make a big impact on healthcare

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsCaradigm's direction for population health and analytics is spot on. I'm very excited about our products and strategy moving forward. It is exciting to be on the ground floor of something big. Caradigm is breaking new ground. I feel very safe and secure at Caradigm, and I am excited about the prospect of growth going forward. I'm not worried about layoffs at all!

We just finished an Application Acceleration Week during which engineers from around the company created exciting new apps which we will hopefully commercialize and bring to the market. This is an example of our continued focus and drive toward a culture of innovation.

Our benefits are very employee-centric and competitive.

ConsWe have inherited some big company processes from GE -- especially in the area of Finance. This is steadily improving and they are working hard to fix it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate strategy and vision and how employees make an impact. Continue to hold leaders accountable for management and leadership excellence.

Excellent company to work for and a product that will increase the quality of healthcare/big impact.

Bellevue, WA

ProsImportant product, small so still an agile engineering org, great benefits, focus on a healthy workplace culture.

ConsLike any new company, still working on well defined internal processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating to the employees describing why certain decisions are made.

Worked for Caradigm? Contribute to the Community!

Caradigm Videos

Caradigm – Why Work for Us?

A Population Health Company Caradigm is a population health company dedicated to helping organizations improve care, reduce costs and manage risk. Caradigm analytics solutions provide insight into patients… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caradigm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caradigm CEO Michael Simpson . All 62 reviews posted anonymously by Caradigm employees.