Caradigm

www.caradigm.com

Caradigm Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Michael Simpson

Pros
  • Reasonable work/life balance despite challenging deliverable schedules (in 8 reviews)

• committed to making a difference in healthcare, well funded (Microsoft and GE), great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Engineering team needs improvement - there is a certain clash of cultures between teams inherited from Microsoft and GE (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management seems to make decisions on a whim - what products to make, reorgs, etc (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Been here since day 1: Love it here - Great work/life balance!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWe're creating software that makes a difference in health care. The products are interesting and fun to work on. I enjoy my job and the flexible hours is a big plus to balance work & life. The benefits and extra perks are also a definite plus.

ConsIt's a big responsibility to work in the healthcare industry. We're saving lives and that feels good. Though we have to deal with being a medical device and with that comes design controls, privacy laws, processes and auditors. But that's probably true for most industries.

Caradigm- Amazing Company Making a Real Difference

Pros- The focus on Population Heath, supported by healthcare analytics and identity & access management makes Caradigm a very unique place to work
    - I would strongly recommend it to former colleagues and friends
    - I have been here since day 1 and was also part of the Microsoft days. Huge improvement as Caradigm from a leadership, product strategy and marketing perspective.
    - Great people- professional, supportive, collaborative
    - Great partnerships forming with big names in the marketplace

Cons- As any new company building its brand and reputation, takes time working through unclear paths and market pressures

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior leadership team is doing all the right things to build this company and to provide its employees with personal and professional growth.

No work-life balance

ProsGood compensation and benefit.
    Healthcare business is a huge market.

ConsNo work-life balance.
    Poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolid product development doesn't take shortcut.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great fast rising health care software company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsSharp focus on high growth area for population health, high quality engineers, cutting edge products, agile culture, great work environment and benefits.

ConsIt can be ambiguous as the company grows, Lots of GE baggage with poor performers who complained about being let go, past GE and Microsoft history that is now fading as customers realize the value from Caradigm.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on sales growth

Great place to work

Vice President (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat culture- IT + healthcare, contributions are valued. Bold leadership, great teamwork atmosphere. There is trust up and down thru the organization.

ConsFocused on Population Health IT tools- market is still evolving

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making bold decisions

High potential to establish ourselves as a player in the emerging pop health/healthcare analytics arena

ProsJust the right size for me (not so small that we are worried about paying bills every month, but small enough that we are hungry and focused and make decisions quickly and not so big that we are a slow and lumbering giant)
    No interference from our parents (GE and MS) always a worry with a joint venture
    Good group of people to work with for the most part (every company has PITAs)
    Good transparency from management
    Strong potential to be a legit player but we have to execute (see below)

ConsRoom for improvement around execution esp. across teams and functions - esp. the combination of engineering + product management + services

Advice to Senior ManagementI (and I think many employees) would value having a direct stake in the company (i.e. through some type of employee equity in the company) - too many options in (tech/seattle/healthcare) that have and will continue to create employee retention problems

An exciting place with major investments in an exciting segment of healthcare IT

Pros* A focus/strategy to deliver products in one of the hottest areas in healthcare today - population health
    * Support of blue-chip parents yet a self-defined culture and autonomy to create processes that work for a new company
    * Partnership with an industry visionary (Geisinger) to help define product offerings
    * Ability to create products that have a real impact in improving care and reducing cost
    * Reasonable work/life balance despite challenging deliverable schedules
    * Great benefits

Cons* Still learning to find best ways to operationalize best practices - but getting better month by month
    * As the organization is still in its early stages, constant change is required for success, some of the workforce not yet accustomed to managing change

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive for simplicity and delivering value to Caradigm's customers...

Rich technology set, good people, challenging opportunities

Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people - technically skilled and fun to work with. Desire to improve the software both the feature set and quality aspects. Aligning technology and architecture w/current industry trends. Supportive leadership that's open to initiatives. Great compensation all up. Great location and nice offices.

ConsStartup environment brings some level of uncertainty, but I guess that's the whole difference between the startup and established company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoved recent engineering decisions related to product architecture, keep at it.

Exciting opportunities and a flexible workplace

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGood products and fun team. Bellevue office next to transit center is convenient for commute, shopping and restaurants. Benefits are very competitive. Engineering teams are solid, work hard and consistently deliver. Flexible workplace and schedule to help with work/life balance. Access to both GE and Microsoft on-line employee stores.

ConsFragmented and evolving health IT marketplace. Not necessarily a con, but be ready for constant change. No company is dominant. I think Caradigm's strategy is sound and they have good board membership, but there is plenty of risk and opportunity. If you're a Steady Eddy, this is not the place for you. Priorities and organization will shift to keep pace with the market.

early stage healthcare company, great vision

Proscommitted to making a difference in healthcare, well funded (Microsoft and GE), great people

Consnot necessarily a con, but expect lots of hard work and challenges.

Advice to Senior Managementyou've got a great team--make sure you tune in to them

Worked for Caradigm? Contribute to the Community!