CardWorks Reviews

1 Rating

The Job of all jobs.

Current Employee - Debt Collector in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Debt Collector in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CardWorks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly environment. You build strong relationships with your coworkers and makes it more like working with a big family. Great pay and chance for bonuses monthly.

Cons

It's like playing in a game of survivor in a way. Because this job is based on performance someone is always going to be the low man on the totem pole and it can get to a point where you are fighting to keep your job and nothing you do is working.

Stop with the favoritism.

Security Fraud & Chargeback

I worked at CardWorks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work hours were good. Management open door policy was great and time off and vacation days were also good.

Cons

Upper management did not give credit where credit was due. They expect you to share your knowledge you retained over the years to get other departments up to speed and then promote within the other departments. You would think you would be entitled to a promotion to.

Upper Management need to recognize its dedicated employees. Cardworks has a lot of great employees that they do not give full credit to.

Management uses a lot of favoritism. I worked holidays when no senior staff wanted, also snow days and they do not care

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Woodbury, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Woodbury, NY

I have been working at CardWorks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

AFlac benefits,time flexibility, Some nice people but like everything else the good out ways the bad. Some nice people in management. Great first job.

Cons

high insurance rates, salary does not all allow room to have the plan, hard to obtain incentive

I would tell them that what goes for one it goes for all. And its not fair that we are not recognized for loyality to the company

Management Favoritism - Disparaging and Sarcastic

Former Employee - Administrative in Westbury, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative in Westbury, NY

I worked at CardWorks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice to work with.

Cons

Management favoritism - superstar status given to certain employees. Disparaging and sarcastic comments made via email by management in finance department. Felt like I was back in grade school being bullied by the mean girls.

Wake up.

Good company if you are in need of experince.

I have been working at CardWorks full-time

Pros

The company has mutiple clients so you get to learn different aspects of the industry.

Cons

The company does not take the handling of multiple clients into account when it comes to salary. It also does not review its employees on a fair basis. Its not the work you produce its who you know in upper management.

Its not the quanity of employees you have working for the company its should be the quality of the employees. Re-evaluate your staff and get rid of the true non productive employees.

collection jobs

Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CardWorks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great benefits and the staff was great

Cons

no health benefits and long hours

try to keep the moral up

CardWorks Response

Apr 7, 2014Human Resource Director

We invite you to stop by the HR department, as your comment suggests that you may not be aware of the full scope of health benefits that CardWorks offers to both full-time and part-time Associates.

ability to grow but there is a glass ceiling

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

I have been working at CardWorks

Pros

Good location with competitive pay. Family friendly environment. Decent benefits. Good growth opportunities for those that apply themselves and work hard.

Cons

Economy has taken a toll on the benefits. Sr management works in silos and does not communicate or inefffectively communicates. Very territorial. Favoritism and preferential treatment does exist.

Sr management needs to be more objective in hiring and promoting. Pre-conceived notions of people without direct knowledge of a persons true abilities has led them to hire/promote the wrong people.

There is nothing bad to say about this credit card processing business. they are flexible, and treat us with respect.

Current Employee - Telemarketer
    Current Employee - Telemarketer

I have been working at CardWorks

Pros

You need to look forward to working if you work at cardworks. as a telemarketer, you are required to make 2 appointments a day (not hard) as for the people that work there, they are all great. I have not met anyone that has treated me with any type of disrespect. My superiors are very flexible if I need a day off or so, and are even humorous. If you come off as a hard working individual and get your work done at the end of the day, it all pays off at cardworks.

Cons

the only cons that I could really think of is the telemarketing department is not open friday- sunday