Cardiac Science Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ruediger Naumann-Etienne

A decent place to work

Scheduler & Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsA diverse group of employees. Great mission and services.

ConsVery political work environment. Top-heavy management. Few women executives. Poor communication.

Good while it lasted

Sales Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCool product, nice co-workers and some good money to be made. Pay was not below average and not shy about expenses.

ConsManagement was a joke. Constantly asked to tell customers un-truths about product delivery, regulatory issues and anything to keep their status.

Worked in their busy Call Center. Employee's are taking shortcuts by telling customers to call other places for help.

Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsSince the management is from India. They spring for Indian food during the Indian holidays. Pay was acceptable.

ConsNot much sympathy from management when valid concerns are raised. Customers needs are not being taken care of. High Turnover. Efforts are not appreciated by managements. The metrics are tracked improperly and often misinterpreted.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more staff to assist with the phone calls and start servicing your customers properly instead of telling them to call your distributors when placing orders. Take the order.

Was great place to work until acquired by Opto

Engineering (Former Employee)

I worked at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsYou will get a paycheck

ConsFairly regular changes of management
Frequent layoffs
Don't pay suppliers
Poor quality products

Don't work there

I worked at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you want nobody supervise you and you have the freedom to anything, I mean "ANYTHING", this is the place for you.

ConsThere's no control, no planning, no reward, and no future. Company don't keep their promise.

Amazing coworkers, poor senior management

ProsSmall company feel
Ability to feel integrated with the different field offices
Great people to work with

ConsTop heavy in management
Huge gap in communication between senior management and the rest of the company

Sold and is now gone from the NW.

Regulatory (Former Employee)

I worked at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEnjoyed working with a great bunch of professionals, relaxed environment, family friendly.

ConsNo direction since the acquisition of two other companies, it then had its share of lay-offs until it got sold to OCI.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late.

Overworker, overwhelmed and underappreciated.

Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTo attempt to help their customers even when there are massive part shortages, repairs are running up to 3 months behind and not enough staff to do the job.

ConsThe company is broke. They do not have nor can the afford to purchase spare parts and consummables for their products. Poor leadership from "corporate", which is based in India.
The new plant in Malaysia is producing products with up to a 40% failure rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are already working with a skeleton crew and you continue to gut the support staff. Recent hires of the CEO, CFO and COO positions resulted in business unit name changes and an announcement to put $4 Million dollars into research and development. All while the company
cannot afford to buy ECG paper, AED batteries or replacement batteries.

Was a great place to work... sorry to see it change so much

I worked at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent work/life balance.
Relaxed environment.
Hardly ever had to attend meetings.
My managers were great.
No micromanagement.
GREAT coworkers.

ConsHealth Care benefits are awful.
New management is clueless and in over their heads.
No communication at all from upper management. None at all.
Corporate level decisions do not take into concern regulations or practicality and do not include the individuals that should be involved.
Opto management thinks all employees are interchangeable/replaceable and has lost a TON of experienced, talented people.
Opto lies to its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some management that can do the job and stop faking it. You are tanking the company. If the current trend continues, CSC will be prohibited from selling in the US.

A growing but unsettled medical device manufacturer

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Cardiac Science Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA small but strong development team that is well focused on their core product and core skills. The market is currently open to innovation, but with a high bar to entry provided by a tough regulatory environment. As #2 or #3 in the area, Cardiac Science is well positioned in the ECG/AED markets.

ConsLimited resources, offshore management and timidity act dampen growth at this company. Clinical marketing and clinical expertise inside the company is limited, as is willingness to work with outside experts. In the medical device market one of the driving marketing strategies has been to work with the thought leaders and publish the research which is driving the purchasing decisions. This also serves to drive the product features in the market and give a competitive lead. That appoach is under utilized at Cardiac Science.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on holding on the the experts at this company. Already mergers between corporate acquisitions have cost domain experts that allow support of current products. Development and new products require core expertise marketing and regulatory support that are rapidly being lost.

Worked for Cardiac Science Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cardiac Science Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cardiac Science Corporation CEO Ruediger Naumann-Etienne. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Cardiac Science Corporation employees.