Cardinal Glass

www.cardinalcorp.com
Profile Unclaimed

Cardinal Glass is a solid employer

Former Employee - Program Manager in Spring Green, WI
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Spring Green, WI

I worked at Cardinal Glass full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cardinal Glass has good flexibility, good managers, a solid bonus structure and is overall a very solid employer that will pay off if you work hard.

Cons

Cardinal Glass has a little of the old boys club or favorites but not overwhelming. Some disorganization or goal setting within upper management.

Its an experience

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Winlock, WA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Winlock, WA

I have been working at Cardinal Glass full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its a job. Pay is average with area. Management is nice. Does not take much vacation time to take a week off (24hrs). Dollar lunch days, Quality cook outs

Cons

Work schedule changing every two weeks is hard on the body. High deductible insurance, max out on wage in two years (more than a $.25 a year. You get $.50 every six months up until year two). Haven't had profit share in over a year.

Make the wage a bit better, work harder on the medical insurance,

In a better economy I wouldn't have worked here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hood River, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hood River, OR

I worked at Cardinal Glass full-time

Pros

Adequate pay, majority of production force are hard workers, very successful sales with a good customer base. Company is situated in a beautiful fruit orchard - filled valley.

Cons

Priority order = production, safety, quality. Employees are pushed hard without much appreciation. Department managers are uninvolved and ineffective causing serious resentment from the production crews. Complaints are treated as insubordination and ignored.

Take an anonymous survey of your employees' feelings and concerns about their department's manager. Even though the company is thriving financially your work force is extremely unhappy.

Great co-workers, deaf higher ups

Current Employee - Production Tech in Winlock, WA
    Current Employee - Production Tech in Winlock, WA

I have been working at Cardinal Glass full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Generally once you get broken in to working at a glass factory you find that most of your co-workers are every bit of a workplace family that you could ask for. Everybody keeps an eye out for each other, and without it I think this plant would fail.

Cons

To the higher ups and managers, we're just working flesh bags. Requests and complaints fall to deaf ears and employees are always on edge around production and plant managers.

Listen to your employees

i have the ability to learn something new each day.

Current Employee - Prod Tech in Winlock, WA
    Current Employee - Prod Tech in Winlock, WA

I have been working at Cardinal Glass

Pros

more days off than other jobs. pay is ok. the job is not always that hard to do. almost always overtime.

Cons

rotating shifts, managent will sometimes make it your job to take up the slack when others dont feel like working to their full potential.

make everyone responsible for themselves before being responsible for others, and reward employees for going the extra mile when needed.

I love my job though I haven't been at it long I've learned allot and am treated great

Current Employee - Cold End Glass Technician in Winlock, WA
    Current Employee - Cold End Glass Technician in Winlock, WA

I have been working at Cardinal Glass

Pros

the people i work with are amazing, the management really cares, the company does allot for the employees (benefits, days off, profit sharing, 401 k); I have a coworker thats grandfather passed away and the company gave him the day off and even sent him flowers and a card

Cons

the medical etc isnt very good. also employees that have put in more time get away with more and are considered for positions and gets treated better over people that work hard and do their job even if the person thats been their along time is lazy

Honestly much like Im doing this review I think employees need a written review of their preformance and if someone continues to not meet the standards set up by Cardinal they need to be replac with someone that will do their job (correctly nomatter how long they've been there)

it was challenging and lot of opportunities

Former Employee - Production Technician in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Cardinal Glass

Pros

easy to cope with,good paycheck,people are kind as you associated with,lot of challenging task to perform and a good company to work.

Cons

some associates are helpful and some are lazy,others are just taking it for granted,just to finished their shift and go home wait for their paycheck.

look forward by not allowing employees to take their task without the knowledge of their job descriptions,they should be trained properly and avoid to lost time causing improper efforts procedures that caused production downtime.

I like it I enjoy it and recommend it to as many people as a great place to work with room for advancement.

Current Employee - Production Technician-packend in Chehalis, WA
    Current Employee - Production Technician-packend in Chehalis, WA

I have been working at Cardinal Glass

Pros

Well four days on and then four days off is great it's like a mini vacation every week i get along good with my supervisor and management and feel as I can come to them with my thoughts and suggestions.

Cons

Well the way payroll is set up most of us would like to see it differently, but we need more input on how to setup payroll so that we get paid for the hrs we work all on one check. Example if we work 48hrs it should all go on one check instead of having saturday be the end of the pay period but more ideas need to be brought up. Starting pay needs to be higher to keep more people around our turnover rate is high and rate of pay is usually the reason. Also time employed at Cardinal should be taken into account like seniority and after two yrs it tops off at $13.50 an hr and for those of us who have a family, the way payroll is that leaves us with a small check every now and then.

More interaction with employees as how to do things on the floor, manage the plant let the employees that have been doing the job as I have been for two yrs have more input as how to solve problems and not just the approach of this is how it is going to be deal with it and thanks for your continued support.

premier job, one of the best in the area.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durant, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durant, OK

I have been working at Cardinal Glass

Pros

I get to use the different areas of knowleged i've learned over the years. I enjoy the rotateing days off. Profit sharing is a plus and the 401k

Cons

mandatory overtime is not needed, we have part time help that should be used to cover caps, plus many people like to pick up those hours.

it only takes a few years befor a person tops out on pay, those there after that should get some be able to get compensation of some kind.

Low pay and bad managers are standard here.

Former Employee - Cold End Glass Packer Winlock FG in Winlock, WA
    Former Employee - Cold End Glass Packer Winlock FG in Winlock, WA

I worked at Cardinal Glass

Pros

High tech process can be a good career path. Not all positions are labor intensive. International distribution provides stability for the company.

Cons

Company focused on profit more than employee health and safety. Will work you as hard as possible until you get hurt, then its your fault. During bad economy abundance of workers willing to work for low pay. Small tokens of appreciation give false impression that the company cares about the employee.

Invest in standardized manager training and team building training for management. Promotions based on who you know is wrong and ruins morale.