Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and supportive of community causes(in 30 reviews)

• Good benefits, clean work environment, strong Management Team(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced(in 20 reviews)

• poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover(in 16 reviews)

Excellent large company to work for

Consultant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsHealthcare jobsare always in demand

ConsToo disjoined and lack of central control

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving the culture

Great learning experience

Nuclear Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee)

ProsI had a great experience. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I was given a lot of opportunities to learn and to be a part of the team. It was tough at first getting used to working the early shift, but everyone was supportive.

ConsIt would be nice if upper management replaced some of the furniture and equipment. Some of it is looking a little worn.

Good Old Boys Network

IT Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a lot of opportunity if you are willing to move and kiss up to the right people. Due to the company's size, there is a lot of opportunity for travel and to work with a lot of different people.

ConsThe environment is very political. You have to know the right people and kiss up to the right people to get anywhere. In addition, there is an adversarial and management through fear philosophy among some in management where people are pit against each other in an attempt to get more work out of a team.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak up some of the life long senior management groups. In addition, bring in a firm to talk to your low and mid level managers and staff and listen to their feedback.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, good company, uncertain leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsWork with great people
    Ability to work from home part or full time

ConsRecent outsourcing has made it difficult to accomplish work
    Pay is below average for most positions
    merit increase is poor
    Long work weeks

Advice to Senior ManagementStop outsourcing. Although it may look good on the bottom line, it drastically affects the ability to get work accomplished.

Had ups and downs overall a good company

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsIf you do your job and stay out of any drama, you will do fine. There is a long learning curve which is necessary to learn the complicated computer systems. If they like you, you will advance far.

ConsNo complaints other than a large disconnect between management and employees. Management is very secretive and does not communicate well with staff. Very large corporation which makes it hard to get noticed.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more with the employees. They have a right to know what is going on with the company they work for and invest years of their lives with.

Too many politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company, tons of politics

ConsNot many opportunities for promotion

Great company

Operations (Current Employee)

Prosgood benefits, opportunities to learn

ConsLack of advancement at certain facilities

Disappointing - flat opportunity

Consultant (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsGreat co-workers who care about customers

ConsOverwhelming poor leadership who often did not have to apply for their position are perceived by their actions to care more about how they look than customer satisfaction. Extreme highly political/male dominated environment. Women especially silenced/ostracized from leadership positions in IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more of a sense of fairness. Would favor the VPs ask themselves if they would have their positions if staff had opportunity to vote for them....

Operation supervisor

ProsGreat company with good benefits and PTO, from day one. Depending on what leadership you find in each division you could find a very rewarding career.

ConsDo not work for the manufacturing facility, senior management still has very old school mentality that does not match with Cardinal Health values

Terrible Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was the best part of the position.

ConsNo growth, training, and terrible place to work. No team work from multiple departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what you're managing.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!