Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros:
  • "coworkers are friendly, work life balance is good"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Great people to work with at both offices I've worked in"
    in 25 reviews
Cons:
  • "While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced"
    in 21 reviews
  • "poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

great growth and learning experience

Pros1) lots of opportunity
2) new management is a breath of fresh air
3) if there is something you dont like, give it a few months b/c it's likely to change

Cons1) internal politics
2) slow decision-making sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementThe changes are welcomed.

My time at Cardinal Health has been a great experience

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cardinal Health

ProsLarge company allows for many opportunities professionally. There are any number of business units that are available to work in. The company is working towards growth and expansion, which will continue to create more opportunities

ConsWith any large company there is difficulty in getting things done. There are many layers of process and procedure that must be navigated, which slows progress down.

Outstanding company to work for!

I worked at Cardinal Health

ProsPlenty of career opportunities, especially if you are able to move; excellent insurance benefits and GREAT PTO policy; good pay

ConsDecisions sometimes made "high above" without knowing impact on the workforce; changes sometimes implemented and then reversed withing a short period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek input from field and affected employees on changes instead of just looking at the data a spreadsheet indicates, especially for procedural changes.

Good Place to start a career

Collections Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsAdvancement opportunities
Good bonus
Decent base pay

ConsThey do not hire enough people

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people

Very satisfied with my work environment, leadership, benefits and compensation

I have been working at Cardinal Health

ProsVery family oriented company. Benefits are truly awesome. Leadership is definitely in line with the field and on track for advancement of the company. Good employees are recognized and given advancement opportunities. There are many ways to participate in your own forward motion. Very team oriented company, everyone seems to really enjoy their jobs, and enjoy helping eachother.

ConsLarge company- though info is absolutely distributed without prejudice, it sometimes gets lost in the convoluted quagmire of their intranet. Would love to see them scrap the whole intranet and re-org it from scratch.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no suggestions. All of those whom I've met or heard from are really awesome people who want nothing more than to provide us all with an opportunity for greatness and continuing successes individually, within the segment, and as a whole.

A great place to work!

I have been working at Cardinal Health

ProsCardinal Health is a dynamic, growing orgaization, in an industry focused on improving the lives of patients at the end of the healthcare supply chain. Although times are relatively tough, like most other companies, Cardinal has done a great job to position itself for future success. I feel that I am treated fairly, I am able to balance my work and my personal life, I am compensated fairly, and I believe in both my direct level management, as well as senior leadership.

ConsCardinal is a very dynamic organization, which I personally enjoy. If someone is intimidated or uncomfortable with change, Cardinal might not be the best place for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on employee satisfaction and customer loyalty; I believe in this company!

Great company to gain experience and potential to grow with if you work hard.

I have been working at Cardinal Health

ProsExcellent benefits in a growing industry that will only continue to grow as Baby Boomers retire. Great training and experience to move into higher paying jobs. Asa whole great people to work with on a daily basis.

ConsLack of a clear vision for the future, but with spin off of Care Fusion I think Cardinal could be better off. Complicated pay structure that prevents a big increase in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the pay structure which will help to retain employees. Focus more on employee satisfaction rather than stock holder satisfaction.

A company that is financially sound and committed to excellence.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cardinal Health

ProsCardinal Health is an excellent company who is always looking to change with the healthcare needs of the world. They are committed to Lean Six Sigma and use the process to improve what we do and how we do it. The benefits are very good and it seems Cardinal is always looking to keep the cost to it's employees at a minimum. There are so many different companies within Cardinal Health that the open jobs continue to appeal to even those employees who are happy with what they do. I think they truly care about people who work for them and definitely promote blance with family and job.

ConsWith really large companies like Cardinal Health, people sometimes get the mentality that change is almost impossible. They tend to back away from change that requires a huge commitment or a lengthy process. We continuously look at the processes in place and discover problems but find it very difficult to get the problems resolved because we are so big. Big change must come from the top and requires commitment from each and every level of management. We have in the past had way too many levels of management but that seems to be going away. Getting the right people in the right positions is also very important but that's not always the case. We sometimes see people put into positions that have no working knowledge of what they are supposed to be doing, especially at the management level in corporate positions. I'm hoping that will change though based on the new spin off of another Cardinal Health company. A few years ago Cardinal wrapped all their companies together and in my opinion caused much red tape to be added to the processes and approval methods. With this new change I am encouraged!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people doing the jobs. They are the subject matter experts in most cases and can bring about change that is good for Cardinal Health in this global market. Employees of Cardinal Health are for the most part very passionate about what they do and care about making sure our company is on the cutting edge of technology and very competititve in this sinking economy. In short, take good care of us and we'll take good care of OUR company.

The best healthcare company to work for!!!!

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cardinal Health

ProsThis is an excellent company to work for. They are top notch in the healthcare industry and very successful in providing solutions at point of care.

ConsI haven't seen too many too many downfalls yet. I've been with the company for a couple of years now and do not have any real complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing I wouldn't mind providing to senior management would be to add a gym membership to the benefits package. Many companies add these now and it helps to increase attendance by keeping people fit and providing an incentive for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Even a bonus or reduction in costs for those that maintain certain preventative health standards like ht/wt, non-smoker, lower cholesterol, etc.

Great place to work. Great place to build a career, and grow with a company.

Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health

ProsSolid company that shows appreciation to employees for hard work and dedication. Great learning environment, as they recruit with emphasis on education and experience. You will work with very talented folks, in the exciting field of medical/surgical supplies and technologies.

ConsPayscale tends to be lower than competition. In my experience it seemed they like to hire individuals overqualified for a certain position with the intent of grooming them into higher positions. This can also be a plus however, as the intent is to build a career for you and keep you around.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe competitve with payscales. Nonetheless, great place to work!

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!

Cardinal Health Videos

Cardinal Health – Why Work for Us?

Cardinal Health, Inc. is a Fortune 19 company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cardinal Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cardinal Health CEO George S. Barrett. All 380 reviews posted anonymously by Cardinal Health employees.