Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and supportive of community causes(in 30 reviews)

• Good benefits, clean work environment, strong Management Team(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced(in 20 reviews)

• poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover(in 16 reviews)

Sr. Financial Analyst

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsPTO, Work life balance, talented people, most colleagues willing to sit with you to share knowledge (not manager) foster idea of collaboration.

ConsBeen with the company for 8 years and had 7 manager. Re-org constantly believing that will keep the company fresh and new but really more confusing with no clear sense of direction. Manager only care about their next opportunity not about your growth or development. You have to have friends and family membership to get a promotion. Individuals are hand selected to be shoe in- if you not in the club no point in applying for another position.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour emerge and lead participants are not the only candidate fit for the job. You have very talented people that are under utilized.

Going in wrong directions.

Nuclear Pharmacist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt's nuclear pharmacy, so no third party insurance, controlled substances or irate customers.

ConsCompany is contracting it's nuclear pharmacy operations including the elimination of educational programs and out sourcing office functions. Cost cutting is extreme and even our drivers had to give back the Cardinal Health shirts they wear. I don't know how the company is going to get it's money back on that one. The manager's non-pharmacist friends make cognitive pharmacy decisions and policy in contradiction to Board of Pharmacy regulations concerning pharmacist's controlling their environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have a non-pharmacist manager and the manager's non-pharmacist inner circle make all the decisions and carry more weight than pharmacists on pharmacy decisions. A member of the inner circle could not get into pharmacy school but is relied upon by the manager for pharmacy opinions and decisions more so than the pharmacists. This conflicts with State Board about pharmacists having control of their environment.

Overall positive but corporate is out of touch

IT Director (Current Employee)

ProsCompany values, lots of opportunities across the country, stable, most people are nice and upstanding

ConsThe bureaucracy is unreal. Corporate runs the show and won't listen to the people on the front lines. The pervasive attitude in IT is that whatever leadership says goes...even if it adversely impacts the field or customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou could dramatically increase the bottom line if you focused on increasing customer satisfaction. In the eyes of many customers we are not as great as Dublin wants us to believe.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dedication and career advancement

Senior Specialist Field Service (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe tasks may be difficult at times, but it is clear that everyone is dedicated to fulfilling our commitments to our customers. I have found that with dedication, the advancement is there. You may have to be willing to relocate to seek out that growth, but it is surely there.

ConsOur dedication to our commitments may at times interfere with life and work balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue leading us to success, continue seeking future leaders among the ranks.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThey provide an excellent benefit package. They are very charity oriented and offer multiple opportunities for employees to contribute to charitable causes locally and globally.

Conslarge organization and very diverse, sometimes it is difficult to execute appropriate changes in timely manner.

Cardinal Health

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsGenerous vacation time and bonus plans for management level employees.

ConsTalent management is a joke. Very driven by who you know, not how you have performed. Strong leftover boys network at the higher levels which make it a difficult place for women to advance. Strong double standard is part of the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the structure every year and deal with the executives who have failed to execute year after year. Better appreciate diversity of thought and gender equality.

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to work and i like the culture

Consnothing really to say about this internship

Overall very good - I was able to advance and gain a lot of experience.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR

ProsOpportunities, competitive pay, great benefits and flexible PTO

Consvery much a who you know organization on the call center level

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more closely at the individual and get control of some of the supervisors. They select their favorites and provide them with any and all perks to help them advance.

Cardinal Health is a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy position with the company allowed great benefits, PTO and an competitive compensation.

ConsMissed opportunities for improved office culture.

If you don't know how to say "No" stay away.

Chemist II (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT

ProsNice benefits and good working environment on the whole. I didn't have to deal with much interpersonal drama in the workplace. I felt that I was part of a team working together to solve problems we encountered.

ConsPET services are or were poorly managed. The regional passed his workload onto my boss, who in turn passed many of his duties onto me and the other salaried positions. The hourly level employees were largely exempt from this due to overtime pay.
    My supervisor was seldom physically present during a crisis, preferring to try to manage the situation by phone. He would promise to be there by say 6am, which through experience we learned was 8 or 9 or maybe noon. I was routinely called in during these times as well as to fill in for absences outside of my typical working hours. When already working both night and day time shifts at times in the same week, it was very difficult to maintain any semblance of a normal sleep cycle much less a home life. Advice: learn to say "No" firmly, early and often.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive, don't wait until the last minute to start work needed to make important deadlines. For instance, the application submission date requirement for FDA approval for 14-FDG was known well in advance. But the production sites didn't start performing the required validations until the last couple of months. Totally unnecessary additional stress not to say overtime, and in the rush a few problems didn't get caught in the initial review and so the whole process had to be repeated. I lost a bit of respect for and confidence in our management team, and through a few similar instances showing poor advance planning and ability to set realistic time tables taking into account existing site workload and personnel.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!