Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and supportive of community causes (in 31 reviews)

• Good benefits, clean work environment, strong Management Team (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced (in 20 reviews)

• poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to work and i like the culture

Consnothing really to say about this internship

Overall very good - I was able to advance and gain a lot of experience.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR

ProsOpportunities, competitive pay, great benefits and flexible PTO

Consvery much a who you know organization on the call center level

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more closely at the individual and get control of some of the supervisors. They select their favorites and provide them with any and all perks to help them advance.

Cardinal Health is a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy position with the company allowed great benefits, PTO and an competitive compensation.

ConsMissed opportunities for improved office culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you don't know how to say "No" stay away.

Chemist II (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT

ProsNice benefits and good working environment on the whole. I didn't have to deal with much interpersonal drama in the workplace. I felt that I was part of a team working together to solve problems we encountered.

ConsPET services are or were poorly managed. The regional passed his workload onto my boss, who in turn passed many of his duties onto me and the other salaried positions. The hourly level employees were largely exempt from this due to overtime pay.
    My supervisor was seldom physically present during a crisis, preferring to try to manage the situation by phone. He would promise to be there by say 6am, which through experience we learned was 8 or 9 or maybe noon. I was routinely called in during these times as well as to fill in for absences outside of my typical working hours. When already working both night and day time shifts at times in the same week, it was very difficult to maintain any semblance of a normal sleep cycle much less a home life. Advice: learn to say "No" firmly, early and often.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive, don't wait until the last minute to start work needed to make important deadlines. For instance, the application submission date requirement for FDA approval for 14-FDG was known well in advance. But the production sites didn't start performing the required validations until the last couple of months. Totally unnecessary additional stress not to say overtime, and in the rush a few problems didn't get caught in the initial review and so the whole process had to be repeated. I lost a bit of respect for and confidence in our management team, and through a few similar instances showing poor advance planning and ability to set realistic time tables taking into account existing site workload and personnel.

Good internship experience

Intern (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsGave a lot of responsibility to interns right of the back. Lots of program benefits... truly invested in young professionals

ConsLimited opportunities in some of the EMERGE fields

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job and need to continue to focus on expanding especially in home health care area.

Middle Management Is Oblivious

IT Lead (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

Pros+ Nice campus and amenities.
    + Paid paternal leave

Cons- Middle management and some executives have little to no interest in their employees.
    - Managers make fun of employees behind closed doors, nice to your face. Won't realize potential in people or give them opportunities and instead write them off (I've sat in these meetings).
    - No training or continuing education because they spent its budget elsewhere (shhh).
    - The benefits used to be great, but went downhill fast. Every year they cut them.
    - There's a "re-org" every year.
    - It's frowned upon if you don't take your laptop home with you. Do more with less!
    - Cubicled, silo structured teams ensure you have a meeting every minute of the day (see "take laptop home" comment above).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best ideas come from below. Stop treating employees like they're children - picking favorites and ignoring ideas like they're moot. Invest in them and allow them to grow.

Cardinal Health

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsAmazing benefits. Great PTO starting from day one.

ConsCompetitive culture. Everyone likes to back stab other employees. Getting hired has a lot to do with who you know. Who you know has a lot to do with getting promoted. Some of the most intelligent people there don't have the best jobs, so it's difficult talking to those who were promoted off of being liked versus actually being able to do your job well. As I was hired on, I was told about how much everyone didn't like being there, and/or working there, because of the way they fired or promoted employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some personality. Don't let athletes run HR, you might want to hire someone who didn't go through college drunkenly hopping from bed to bed.

cardinal health

Customer Advocate (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

Prosgreat place to work yes

Consno bad things to say

Good benefits and good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCardinal Health is very good company.Benefits are pretty good .Very good company for people who like teem work

ConsNo PTO carry over which means nobody is at work the least 2-3 weeks of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more training.

Great culture.

Marketing Intern (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

Pros- Collaborative atmosphere
    -Great intern program

Cons-Takes a long time/ a lot of people to accomplish tasks

Advice to Senior Management-Continue to listen to everyone on the team

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!