Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and supportive of community causes (in 31 reviews)

• Good benefits, clean work environment, strong Management Team (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced (in 20 reviews)

• poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Most toxic workplace environment I've ever experienced - I'm looking for another employer.

Senior R&D Scientist (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsAbove avergae compensation and excellent benefits.

ConsCo-worker backstabbing and brown-nosing to get ahead. Managers favor their “pets” and shift blame to scapegoats. Management pets have free rein to bully others. HR protects management, believing whatever the manager tells them . Employees afraid of being fired as a scapegoat, with no recourse.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate HR needs to investigate the Center for the Advancement of Molecular Imaging. But until the group starts imploding, I doubt aything will happen.

Not a place to pursue a career

ProsCardinal Health offers a good benefit package as far as paid time off , and a decent health, dental and vision.

ConsSome of the cons to working for Cardinal Health are including but not limited too, lousy pay raises,hard to get promoted,too many changes to procedures without proper comunication and/or training. most importantly lower then industry starting wages

It's really takes a toll on you mental and physically, not a good environment to work at for more than 3-4 yrs.

Warehouse Generalist (Current Employee) Peabody, MA

Prosthe dental and medical benefits are the only good things

ConsManagement is horrible. The only way to get to the top is to honestly suck up which is how some people climb up the rank so fast, even though they have no clue what they're doing. It's not what you know but who you know. They'll change your start time when ever they feel like it. If one of the supervisor or manager don't like you then they'll find a way to get you fired. It's a slave camp with dumb management. They only see you as a number not a person so it's like working for a sweat shop, that's why there's so many people that leave that place. It's like a revolving door. Management has horrible communication skills. The workers morale is at and all time low considering how management runs that place. A happy worker is a good worker.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dysfunctional and Nepatism

Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) Waukegan, IL

ProsNo good reason to work here unless you are desperate and live in the area. They are close to the tollway.

ConsYou have to know someone or be a relative friend or neighbor of an employee to even get your foot in the door. They play favorites, use you, ignore you, make you work as a temp for years, you get passed up for permanent employment by one of their friends, they look for something wrong so they can give you a bad review and not give you more money. They gossip and watch everything you do, when you come in, leave, go to lunch, the bathroom, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is the problem! Get rid of the management that have been there for more than 1 year. They do not care about the hard working employees. There are a handful of gossipy, winey, clicky long time employees that make life horrible for everyone else. The managers make no changes, do not listen to the employees, and take a lot of personal time and do not clock it.

Underwhelming

Vice President (Former Employee)

ProsPay was good, but bulky salary, with not a large upside with variable comp.

ConsA real lack of strategic vision, they don't really understand how the markets they serve are changing and therefore lag their competitiors in a big way. Good ol boy network of unimpressive leaders-need to clean house and bring in some outside talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of good ol boy network of leadership-way too many "hangers-on" from Baxter and American, understan your markets or continue to be beaten by MCK and ABC

Avoid Enterprise IT (EIT) positions.

EIT, Help Desk Analyst, Password Resets (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

Pros- Decent Benefits
    - Overall nice people
    - On site cafeteria

ConsBeware of misleading "Enterprise IT" or EIT job titles at Cardinal Health, I worked there for six months and regret it. I only worked there because there were no jobs in the area during that time. If you're looking to work in their Information Technology department read below and avoid this place at all costs.

Bullet Points:

1) They misrepresent their job titles and role descriptions. For example: EIT End User Analyst, Password Resets - basically means CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE in the real world. You follow phone scripts and can't be creative or you get yelled at.

2) Micromanagement: They monitor everything you do... For example, if you miss just one call and they yell at you sweatshop style. Very unprofessional.

3) Since this place is basically a call center they have the same crazy rules as other call centers regarding attendance and promotions.

Saddest point was seeing talented people with Bachelors Degrees and Masters work at a fake IT call center such as Cardinals.They all dream of getting that job promotions but nope, that won't happen unless you work there for 2 years or more or suck up to the bosses there.

In conclusion if you're looking to work in their IT Department, run for the hills! Avoid this place at all costs. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop posting misleading job titles and descriptions. You're an embarrassment to the Information Technology community.

Company Has no concern for employees Safety or well being!

Custom Service Attendant (Former Employee) Marshfield, WI

ProsThe only best reason to work at cardinal health is you are helping those who help the sick.

Cons1. Any one above you dose not care.
    2. Poor work hours lots of late nights and earily mornings
    3. In the north you were told to drive deliveries even when weather was a hazard to road condition and still expected to remain on a schedule.
    4. Long hours and over time with little time off are awarded with no praise or conciderations.
    5. Emotional well being of overworked employees is delt with by termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementMental Health is the primary villen in the north country. long evenings on the road between hospitals and isolation of drivers from coworkers. Pharmisist are worked into late hours and extra hours they become emotionally unstable and the same can be said for any one working at Marshfield Wisconsin. I got fired just because I cared about quality of my work. a guy who still works there says " this is an 8 hour interuption to my day". at least I still think he works there. There was a change in management and I reapplyed only to be told that I was black listed.

Ok at first

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCommitted team
    Clients were great
    Flexible work schedule

ConsGrueling physical work
    Low salaries compared to work demands
    Hours can be long on projects
    Some managers act like dictators and are unprofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember where you started and don't think you are better than your staff

Horrible Company To Work For - Employee Beware

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsPTO and benefits were good - 3 weeks vacation after year 2

ConsHorrible Management
    Management couldn't care less about you as a person
    Management plays favoritism - No matter how much a "favorite" did wrong, they never were in trouble, yet others were fired over it (this happened more than I can count on 2 hands)
    Once you're in your position you'll never be able to get promoted. Best you will do is a lateral move with no bump in salary.
    Some people have been stuck for over 6 YEARS in their current position!
    You get "black balled" if you are good at your job, your current managers will not allow you to leave the department. They will get you all caught up in red tape if you try to take a job out of the center you work in.
    They take people who are not qualified (outsiders) over people who have been working in a similar capacity over you for a promotion.
    Management does not listen to the group as a whole.
    Don't expect to have a voice in this company. If you speak your mind or have an opinion about a process, you will more than likely get a write up. Happened to everyone around me. 3 writeups for something as simple as that, and you're gone.
    Be prepared to be a robot! Individualism is not welcome here.
    Just a horrible place to work.
    Virtually no parking anywhere on facility. Be prepared to walk about 1/4 mile to get to the building.
    Best advice - Get in and get out quickly.
    I could continue on and on, but I think the point has been made this is NOT a place you want to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back.. Go on Undercover Boss - Learn how your lower level "worker bee" employees REALLY feel about the company. Quit giving out employee surveys when you honestly have no intention of doing anything WITH them!

Independently Minded Need Not Apply

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros* Great place to work, if you like a steady routine.
    * Above average benefits package

Cons* Disconnect between management and staff
    * Management has been known to operate with a certain degree of incompetence.
    * Predominantly cliquish, with strong enforcement of keeping the status quo.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer the opportunity for employees to provide critical feedback of how Cardinal Health can become more efficient as a company, and more sensitive to employee concerns. It should be required that management staff posses a college degree, rather than mere children be given the keys to the castle.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!