Cardinal Health System

www.cardinalhealthsystem.org

Cardinal Health System Reviews

2.0

John W. Fisher

Regret the experience at this hospital

Former Employee - Physician  in  Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Physician in Muncie, IN

I worked at Cardinal Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location: nice college town, very midwestern

Cons

Devious, management, probably racist. will backstab you as you leave. Middle management are hard driven opportunist. Uppper management is aloof and devious.

needs diversity

A Terrible experience

Former Employee - Physician  in  Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Physician in Muncie, IN

I worked at Cardinal Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pretty good benefit package.
    Sign on bonus

Cons

Salaries on the low side
    Very autocratic management, vindictive, physician unfriendly

Get ready for more lawsuits for wrongful termination, breach of contract, defamation, and interruption of doctor-patient relationship.

Cardinal is a company collapsing under their own burgeoning weight, the opposite of nimble.

Former Employee - Senior Buyer  in  Waukegan, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Waukegan, IL

I worked at Cardinal Health System

Pros

As a big company that's not very concerned about employee performance, it would be very easy for a slacker to keep their job. But, that more of a negative than a positive. I really enjoyed the people I worked with. Many of them had been with the company since it was American Hospital Supply, and many of these individuals were just lovely people.

Cons

Slackers and Brick Walls were able to keep their jobs and prevent progress while I was there. I felt like management was more concerned about filling my chair than having an employee achieving meaningful and attainable goals. It was very stifling.

Be open and honest. Share the wealth. The systematic dismantling of the bonus program was not done with either openness or honesty in the early 2000s. Focus on human development. Your company won't have continued success if your workforce includes brickwalls who know how to play the system. But, where I was, it was the brickwalls that got the rewards.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More attention to individuals/individual facilities, less "corporate" mentality,Cardinal could really make a difference.

Former Employee - Pharmacist  in  Sioux City, IA
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Sioux City, IA

I worked at Cardinal Health System

Pros

Pay is fair, benefits are above average, they try....... , follow thru is inconsistent. Have some good ideas. With the amount of user groups and idea sharing already out there, Cardinal needs to find a way to offer just a little bit more.

Cons

Very poor communication, they are big and perhaps this stretches the field management too far to give adequate support and to identify needs at individual accounts. Tend to fall back on "coporate talk" which cannot take the place of hands on, head on, and heart on attention. Could be some future opportunity out there, but hard to identify when you really have no relationship with them. You do not get any feeling of being part of the company!

Retain the people you hire by following thru on training and support. Do not paint everyone with the same brush. Identify and personalize training, education, leadership opportunites. Make sure your field associates can properly represent the company. The trainers must be trained! Communicate more clearly and more often with employees and your clients -- on specific matters, not just mass communication where one size is to fit all. Everyone needs to feel part of a team, part of the company.

Cardinal Health in Dublin is a fantastic place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health System

Pros

The culture here is the best in the Columbus area.

Cons

The processes used are not as mature as other employers.

Work to develop stronger processes and improve the overall physical work environment. The cubes, carpeting, restrooms, etc. really need some updates!

Cardinal Health Sucks

I have been working at Cardinal Health System

Pros

at least they pay you 50 cents per mile and food and lodging when traveling

Cons

Management Sucks! They laid off 1,300 employees so they change thier name to carefusion. Does anyone realize how much money that takes? At least they could have asked us to take a pay cut. Instead they gave use 2 months of severance pay.

Management needs to stop making buddies with thier peers.

Worked for Cardinal Health System? Contribute to the Community!