Cardinal McCloskey Community Services

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Beth Finnerty

Good place to work, but disorganized. Can be better.

Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsSalary-Assistant Teacher, up to 15.00+
    Solid program for preschoolers-Teaching Strategies, Creative Curriculum
    Work is expected from the teachers, charts, art work, monitoring of progress of each child

ConsDisorganized--Could be the Directors I worked for? I do not mind paper work, but it was given within short deadlines and within short notice. Also, they would give paper work for one thing, and then say it was not necessary. Family Workers "act" like teacher's supervisors. Teachers only have two--their Ed Coordinator and Site Manager, thank you.

Hired me as an assistant, and had me floating around, substituting for classrooms that never opened. We worked on a day by day basis without knowing what was going to happen. Not the directors fault, but CMCS could/should have handled it better by relocating or not hiring employees until classrooms teachers were ready to be assigned to classrooms with the student cap required.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be aware and sensitive to teachers when presenting overload of paper work. Make sure you have proper documents before passing information along to teachers, as well as other information.

Great place to work - low salaries, difficult to be promoted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful people, excellent organizational mission

ConsDisconnect between upper management and front line staff

Friendly family- like work place

Parent Advocate (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsUpper management is very supportive with an open door policy.

ConsIndependent work , servicing parent from the neighborhood.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teacher

Teacher (Current Employee) Kampong Batang Duri (Brunei)

ProsEducating young children, making friends among the employees and with some directors. Families very helpful in the classroom and working hours were ok.

ConsSalary was not great. Hr and senio management would tell you to write a letter to request a salary evaluation, however it was placed in the back burner. Hr were the worst. They had favorism over people they liked and those whom they disliked, Hr made it very clear that you were not wanted or you were lower than dirt. Senior management often present themselves as bullies in the playground. Headstart is ideally to provided educational, and social services to the children and thier families,, so how can any teacher provide great services when we are constantly are being pulled out from one center to the next, or from one classroom to the next classroom and often times yelled at from the deputies. As an employee, you feel unappreciated and devalued. Senior management at times, which is often, tear my director and stress her out. Family workers, some of them need a training on how to a respectful employee and teamplayer. I agree with one of the comments written above, that they feel like they are our supervisiors.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to CMCS, discharge all senior management and begin a new team that will take CMCS to the next level.

Worked for Cardinal McCloskey Community Services? Contribute to the Community!