Cardinal Solutions Reviews

Reset
3.7
Cardinal Solutions President & CEO Kelly P Conway
Kelly P Conway

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, very family oriented (in 9 reviews)

• They host a lot of happy hours and other social events to keep that culture consistent (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • What business model doesn't put the client first (in 2 reviews)

• If you're looking for career growth and opportunities, Cardinal is NOT the place for you (in 2 reviews)

1. Great Culture

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

-The culture is one of the best things cardinal has going! -Provides great work-life balance for employees

Cons

-No Bonuses -No Emphasizing of Training

Advice to Management

I would like to see a little more engagement around the mentorship

2. Principal Consultant

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

Great for college grads or for someone looking for experience in various industries Nice office and company events

Cons

All training and meetings are after work hours If you are very experienced and in a senior role, not a lot of room for growth because of the size of the company.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

Love the mix of technologies and variety of projects. I have been on a long term project at a client site in the past as well as both short and long term ones in the office. It takes some getting used to switching gears when you move from one project to the next but I love the challenge. I have been at Cardinal for over 3 years and everyone loves working here. I never write reviews but I feel like the only ones that take time to write reviews here are those that are upset with a company.

Cons

If you do not like change then consulting may not be for you. I personally enjoy the challenge of getting up to speed on new technologies for different projects.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent. I would like to see a few more 'state of the union' messages in between Quarterly meetings.

Great place to grow your career

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exposure to a wide variety of industries, fun atmosphere, and most of all great people.

Cons

Long term engagement at clients sites can make you feel disconnected. Plenty of opportunities to make it up to the office however for those that are willing.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. The people are what makes Cardinal a great place to work.

Good for recent graduates. Senior talent and those with young families look elsewhere.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Peers are nice. There is some opportunity for training. Paid bench time. A pro/con - there are lots of social activities if you like to drink (I don't).

Cons

Company doesn't care what their product looks like (supportable, etc) as long as the client pays. There is no strategy to the clients they accept or who goes on a particular assignment; warm bodies will do. Have no appreciation for senior staff and above. There's no means of promotion unless you want to sell for Cardinal. In order to do that be prepared to put in lots of hours outside of work on social media (twitter, blogs, etc.). They have a vision with absolutely no viable plan to achieve it. They don't listen to their talent and we all have similar complaints. If you are not in the "in" crowd expect to be marginalized and ignored. Expect lots of requests for time outside work. Compensation is below industry average.

Advice to Management

Choose what kind of a company you want to be and what kind of customer is important and target that customer. Don't try to satisfy everyone. Stand behind the work of your employees. Focus on quality. Show some pride and dignity and stop letting sales drive the business. Have growth opportunities other than becoming a sales person for people who can provide great products technically. Listen to the feedback you are provided. Put aside your cliques. Don't treat your managers and billable AND managers. They get burned out and quit. Take notice!!

7. Just another commodity for rent

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people who work here are very helpful and positive. Work life balance is a strong positive here. Office space is very enjoyable to work in.

Cons

Treat employees like a commodity instead of like an associate or employee. If your contract ends and they do not have a contract available, you are gone. Employees are not given complete details about the contracts they are working, prior to accepting assignment.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people who have lives and families. Do not treat them as stocks that you can trade and sell on the market. Sometimes when your employees expresses a distaste for something try listening and responding appropriately instead of alienating them. Try being an adult and talk...we, as employees are old enough to take what you have to say...we're not children.

Good company, but too much focus on Microsoft.

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexible bosses and managers. Cool people. Decent benefits.

Cons

It's hard to succeed here if you aren't working on the Microsoft technology stack. Not always the most interesting projects and clients. If you don't work at the Home office in Cincy then it's also another hurdle that makes it hard to succeed.

Advice to Management

Building a high class consultancy is suffering due to the focus on Microsoft. Sometimes I wonder if the company could stand on it's own without Microsoft. We rely on Microsoft for most sales. There is poten

Limited Vision

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Work Life Balance. Relaxed and Professional Work environment.

Cons

Lack of vision. Uncertain management practices. Clicq-ish. Management seems to apraoch the running of teh company as a game.

Advice to Management

You talent pool is your life blood. Invest in the talent and you will reduce the turnover.

10. Great culture, decent opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has great benefits compared to other consulting companies and really tries to emphasize a work-life balance and making sure the company culture is lively, inclusive, and fun. Unlimited sick time so you aren't penalized for being out sick. It's actually encouraged so you don't get others sick as well. Promotions are well-defined with measurable goals to help you realize what it takes to get to the next level.

Cons

Their pay is competitive initially, but raises can sometimes lag behind in certain areas. Occasionally you can get stuck on a bad client, and the only way out is to leave, but this is sort of an industry-wide gripe - not exclusive to Cardinal.

Great Company

Current Employee - Senior I in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior I in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To name a few: Great culture, leadership is open and willing to listen, bench policy if different than other consulting companies.

Cons

The culture can be a downside if you are not a part of the "in" crowd. Typically billable requirements.

RSS Feed </> Embed