Cardinal Supply Chain Medical

Add Photos

George S. Barrett

Great Company

Ops Manager (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsMany opportunities to grow, encouraged to reach full potential and develop a career. Good salary, great PTO plan.

ConsThe company is huge and sometimes you feel lost in the crowd

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more attention should be paid to on boarding employees who are new to the industry and company. The sink or swim tactic and end up badly.

waste of time

Tech (Former Employee) Griffith, IN

Prosit was just a job, nothing to brag about

Consafter 20 plus years i was let go because i was not a favorite of the manager.shifts made it impossible to have a normal life.i kept the job because i had been there so long. the hours i worked made it impossible to put a lot of effort into finding new employment.

Better than most hourly jobs...

Warehouse (Current Employee)

Pros4 day work week, they give you a lot of vacation days

Conslots of overtime, amount of work to do can be extremely unpredictable on a day-to-day basis, hard to make plans on days you work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales - good place to get med sales experince

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsThe team are very close knit

ConsNot a lot of opportunity to advance if you are inside sales

Advice to Senior ManagementGive inside sales reps the opportunity to move to the Outside - there are a lot of very qualified candidates that could do just as great Outside as they do Inside.

Over all good company

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsVery secure, potential to make good money

ConsHeavy hours to work, stress, lots of change

OT a double-edged sword

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOT, lots of OT pay

ConsOT - mandatory, very physical work, long-hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work/life balance. Burn out and turnover very high at the Distribution Centers.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSeems like there isn't as much of the politics involved with corporate america. Most employees are high achievers, and that is the expectation.

ConsLike most major companies in America, a 40 hour work week is a thing of the past. Face time seems to be real important.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the growth path that we are currently on and continue to find new and innovative ways to create efficiencies

Focused on employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsInnovative environment, work with talented people, great customers

ConsCumbersome decision making at times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to improve communication and also reputation with customers

George Barrett looks for a way to dig out of the mess he was left.

Senior Product/Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsCardinal offers a lot of opportunity. As an employee, I am able to learn something new everyday. I am never bored; the work I do is challenging and fulfilling. I feel I make a difference by doing what I do. There is so much room for change, and as such, it is uncommon to hear "No, you can't," or "That's not how we do it here." If you present a good idea with good data and support to back it up, you are given free reign to implement upon that strategy. Unless you don't want to grow intellectually, you absolutely will grow at Cardinal.

ConsConfusion, confusion, confusion. Cardinal cannot decide what it wants to be or what it wants to do. Change can be a good thing, but too much change too fast -- that is not a good thing. Cardinal's constant stop and starts and changes of direction are confusing to everyone -- especially its employees. Cardinal lost a huge number of employees -- and the knowledge that those employees owned -- when it transitioned positions from McGaw Park to Dublin during Wave 1. Everyone suffered as new employees struggled to learn their new jobs. Then came a round of layoffs -- and more confusion ensued. Then came announcement of a split and once again panic set in...and this in the middle of the Wave 2 transition. Add to that, a CEO who believes in a cube environment which is demoralizing, anti-productive, and completely interruptive to the "normal" work environment to which employeees were accustomed. Oh, and did I mention a 6 month postponement of yearly pay increases -- along with decreased bonuses due to company underperformance and a new pay-for-performance that further demotivates employees since reaching goals is no longer enough....

Weak management that lets certain employees do whatever they want while others are held to an entirely different set of accountabilities doesn't help.

Unhappy employees moving from position to position or leaving the company all together add to the mix of confusion that is Cardinal - M.

This is not a happy place to work -- unless you thrive on confusion, uncertainty, inequity and an overall sense that you mean absolutely nothing to the company you work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the hard workers not the people who tell you what you want to hear. Being nice / PC is not the most important qualification on a resume. Hire managers who hold their employees accountable. Make it a fair game. Put the right people in the right jobs -- don't put people in those jobs just because someone at the top likes them or is pulling for them.
    Who can get the job done? Get rid of the cube environment -- it fosters bad feelings. It leads to gossip, rumor-spreading, poor work quality since you can't concentrate worth a darn.... This is a losing proposition.

Don't change the rules in the middle of the game. If you promise raises, deliver them. If you say bonuses will be given for MEETING goals, deliver them. Don't hold back and say you have to have exceeded your goals to get a full bonus.

Take advantage of the few good employees you still have left. Learn from the bad mistakes you have made this last year.

Disappointing. There are to many double standards

ProsStarting PTO package is decent.

ConsPoor management. Lack of communication. Double standards. Flat out lies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire them all and start over from Manager to CEO

Worked for Cardinal Supply Chain Medical? Contribute to the Community!