Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical

Michael C. Kaufmann

Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service in Youngstown, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Busy, Challenging, Attention to Detail

Cons

Management, poor decisions, too many "Bosses"

Some nice people, long tenure in senior positions offering minimal fresh insights and perspectives.

I worked at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical full-time

Pros

Many good people with their heart in the right place.

Cons

Many poor people with their own agenda and will stab you in the back to cover their own tail. Acute care consulting team integrated with acute care distribution with a lack than luster GM who is in way over his head and capabilities.

Need to diversify offerings in the acute care Pharma segment and change some of the leadership.

No Deal

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate II in Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate II in Stafford, TX

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is not a place to to work

Cons

Not a good place at all

Management Really sucks

A very good experience

Current Employee - Returns Clerk in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Returns Clerk in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical

Pros

You're treated like a person and not a number, great benefits are offered, and a good place to retire from as you build your financial portfolio towards retirement.

Cons

Raises are given annually, but are really low, and advancement doesn't come as quickly as some think it should, but this is just my opinion on advancement.

A great place to learn, grow and gain experience in sales

Current Employee - Pharmacy Business Consultant in Swedesboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Business Consultant in Swedesboro, NJ

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical

Pros

Sales training programs are well executed, employees are well respected and updated on upcoming initiatives, managment is very competent. large company but you are well recongnized.

Cons

Base salary is one of lwoer is teh industry amognst the other competetors

none

Awful work life balance, work every holiday, 10-12 hour shifts mandatory, treated as a number.

Current Employee - Associate II, Warehouse Ops in Swedesboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate II, Warehouse Ops in Swedesboro, NJ

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical

Pros

Good benefits, compensation is par with other warehouse jobs. Tuition reimbursement available, but if you work nights you won't have the time.

Cons

You're not valued as an employee. You're treated as a number and the job is a revolving door in terms of employee retention. Very poor leadership from management and even worse communication. If you're really good at your job and hope to move to days, don't expect to get to day shift, you'll be too valuable to lose in their sweat shop on nights. They consistently increase performance goals and work you until you get broken down. Take a sick day, get an occurrence, clock in a minute late 1/2 occurrence, 7 occurrences and your fired. You have to be pretty lousy of an employee to get fired this way though.

It's a good job for someone in their late teens to late twenties if you want to give up your life. They say they promote openness to new ideas, but if you disagree with a change and speak about it respectively you will be put under a microscope and worked out of the door. They prefer mutes, that have no opinions. Favoritism is rampid. Some jobs have goals, while others don't. If they want to get rid of you, they easily can. The goals are difficult to obtain every day because of the variables in the pick, so if they so decide, they can put you on a verbal warning, next missed goal, written warning, next missed goal final, and miss it again, see you later. Again very poor management, good luck even spotting the Director, whom doesn't have the slightest idea on what goes on during the night shift, but again you're only a number and can easily be replaced.

You've been warned.

Scrap your director and management/supervisors and start from scratch. The good ones leave, the poor ones that don't do anything but put on a performance, get promoted and the majority of them are clueless. Clean house and stop saying you care about your employees and actually start treating them like people.

Loss of morale when site manager left.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

I worked at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical

Pros

If you are interested in learning more about how pharmaceuticals are distributed and inside workings of the pharmaceutical industry, this is the place to work. The company make sure all employees are trained very well and follow all state and federal guidelines when dealing with pharmaceuticals.

Cons

Managers, leads,and supervisors have been known to discuss private employee information amongst each other as well with other associates. Very unprofessional in many cases, dealing with employees. They also have outrageous demands with work overloads, short staff and time restraints.

Listen to your employees and actually take heed to what they have to say (when it deals with improvement and morale). DEFINATELY WORK ON MORALE, AND LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH AND COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR EMPLOYEES IN A PROFESSIONAL AND RESPECTFUL MANNER>

Warehouse Supervisor

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical full-time

Pros

-Great Leadership staff
    -Great Benifits
    -Room For Growth

Cons

-Long Days
    -Work life balance
    -Night Shift hard to work

The best of the big three but the regional’s pay much better.

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical

Pros

I like most of the people I work with and our customers.

Cons

Unfortunately the director of sales is the archetype for the Peter Principle and he knows it. There is no upward mobility for him so he makes sure there is none for us. He has instructed his management team to place everyone in the middle of the pack regardless of actual performance. The subjective part of our performance evaluations are manipulated so that everyone is in the middle of the bell curve. I am surprised that no one has caught on yet that year after year our entire team is smack in the middle. To make matters worse in the 7 years I have been here the comp plan and sales budget have never been available for the sales force at the same time. We either start the year knowing the comp plan but they hold the budget until after q1 is over or they change the rules of the available comp plan and don’t tell me for 3-4 months.

We don’t all live in Ohio so pay us a regionally adjusted living wage. Per capita income in Ohio is around 25K and in Massachusetts it is around $34K. The average house in Ohio cost 136K in Massachusetts it is 335K.

Crazy and unorganized

I have been working at Cardinal Supply Chain Pharmaceutical

Pros

Lots of overtime opportunity are available

Cons

Way to much work lead

Get your crap together