Cardlytics

Updated May 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott Grimes

Great place for top performers

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThis is my first week but reading other reviews of people has made it clear that Cardlytics environment is not right for everyone. The expectation is for brilliant independent performers. If you feel like Lebron James in Cleveland, bring your talents to Cardlytics. Otherwise, it will not be a good place for you. The requirements are that you have advanced problem solving skills and are intrinsically motivated.

ConsThe environment demands that you are independent and driven. It is definitely not built for everyone.

One of the worst employment experiences I have ever had.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsWorked remotely, thus did not get to enjoy any of the perks that HQ had. Can't actually come up with any pros.

ConsCan you say top-heavy? Three Presidents? Multiple Senior VP's, EVP's and VP's. Totally ridiculous. The company fails its employees in every way - crappy equipment, worthless training, no travel guidelines, ambiguous management structure. They don't have a proper HR department. Everyone is making up their own rules as they go. As far as I can tell, the top performers are NOT in management.

Great working environment

ProsVery casual and fun work environment. fast growing company

Consit's too good to write any cons except for relatively small salary since it's start up.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highly over-rated and bloated Executive Management team. A Dead man walking company

Salesforce Engineer (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGood coffee, nice office, boss drives a cool car. Lego's

ConsGood concept, horrific execution and leadership. If I was an investor I would want my money back, unless it could go public, but my guess is the ad revenue/profit will never be achieved.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire your entire Executive level sales management. Mark Twain once said "Figures don't lie but liars figure." Engagement, Engagement, Engagement - you can't lie about your advertising engagement numbers by hiding the truth within self created analytics and engagement reporting. I ask, who is watching the Watchman? They create data from their own data, how stupid do you have to be to believe their "bank data" is ever going to indicate anything but their agenda - it is only "Foo'ls Gold" designed to steal your ad spend and produce paper results, not increase real sales growth.

Unless you're already a Subject Matter Expert....don't apply

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture is very relaxed. Flexible work hours. Decent Salaries. Good employees. Good ideas and product.

ConsNo formalized training. You'll get a general overview then you're expected to be a SME and should be able to handle anything. They don't really encourage any sort of knowledge transfer. Poor middle management. They take pride in their "party culture". If you're not in the "in crowd" you're treated poorly. No 401k match. They boast "unlimited vacation days" but are workaholics and scrutinize time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your company. Set a standard and stick to it. Hold your middle management accountable for their actions. Promote your performers.

Great Company to work for

ProsLaid back just do what you need to do.

ConsPoor benefits, still trying to learn company direction

Fantastic experience - love working here

Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsCardlytics is a change the world type of company and every who works here knows it. Coming to work everyday is exciting. Very seasoned leadership and lots of hard working smart people.

I am writing this review because of a couple of negative reviews I saw posted. Cardlytics just let some low performers go. I suspect these were submitted by a few people that were a little bitter.

ConsVery fast moving. People who can't learn quickly and adapt won't make it here. Also, there is a heavy emphasis on analytics. English majors probably shouldn't apply!

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a new employee education program. The first few months is hard since there is so much to absorb.

Poor Management and Ownership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a great opportunity with an innovative concept at first, but due to lack of accountability by owners and upper management along with unprofessional behavior, I doubt they will be around long. This is no new concept though, it's piggy backing off existing ideas but not making them better.

ConsUpper management doesn't know their product well enough to train
    Constant deception to their merchants and staff, as well as the banks they represent
    Role shifting is constant to mask underlying problems
    Unprofessional behaviors by upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck

Disorganized Management, unclear compensation plans, disconnect with partnerships

Local Sales Manager (Former Employee)

Pros-Direct Manager(s) was a pleasure to work for
    -iPad
    -Work remotely
    -Interesting product concept
    -Opportunity to network with large bank partners

Cons-Poor communication with remote sales reps
    -Comp plan changed several times in the year I was there and never quite made sense for what they were trying to pursue. It is no where close to revenue based at the moment and upfront payouts were paid whether or not it was a 'spam' account or it was high quality.
    -Zero communication and even upper management did not input or use Salesforce correctly.
    -'Free for all' mentality lead to a lot of cross communications with accounts
    -Exclusivity with a specific partner was launched in the most disorganized fashion I have seen. Very little organization for banking partners.

Advice to Senior Management-Organize hit list inventory and assign accordingly for each MSA (looked to be done shortly after I left).
    -Directors should be following up on all accounts that are sold and paid out on. There should be a category weighting the employee on 'payout' vs the revenue their clients are bringing in. Many employees made a lot of commission based on a bizarre compensation plan and their accounts were in the negative, yet, were still praised as top performers. If it is a pay for performance model your top performers should be bringing the company more revenue then you are paying them out...no?
    -Banking customer engagement is extremely low. There needs to be a department in place that strictly works internally with the banks training departments in order to encourage collateral, training branch staff ect. and attending seminars to engage bank staff. You can pitch a product that reaches millions of customers but if only a few hundred are using it does that really make sense? If you want this to be the next 'direct deposit/billpayect' then a lot of energy needs to be focused on making customers aware and that starts at the bottom of the totem pole.

Started out a good place

ProsCasual work place
    Friendly non-management staff
    Convenient to major restaurants

ConsLack of consistent processes
    Technology methodology not clearly defined
    Workflow processes being changed quickly and adaption timeframe is unrealistic
    Lack of clear cut path with how to grow within company
    Compensation is not industry standard
    Culture and values could be applied by management themselves to be more effective
    Lack of consistency in job definitions or descriptions
    Job responsibilities change too quickly to adapt realistically
    Micromanagement style leadership
    Direct Managers are inexperienced and junior
    Lack of clarity how one advances

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh turn-over (regardless of letting staff go or they quit) shows poor internal management
    Improve management feedback loop, and actually apply feedback constructively
    Direct Managers will throw you under the bus to make them look better.
    Management should foster more team work.
    Employees promoted to managers should be given required management training course, especially if they have no prior background.

Worked for Cardlytics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cardlytics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cardlytics CEO Scott Grimes. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Cardlytics employees.