Cardno ENTRIX

Add Photos

Cardno ENTRIX President & Division Manager Todd M. Williams

Todd M. Williams

Great place to work!

ProsVery qualified people, good work product, enjoyable environment with flexibility

ConsWork experience can depend on who you work for

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more support mentoring jr. staff. They are your future.

Great place to work.

Project Assistant (Current Employee)
    New Castle, DE

ProsA great place to work.

ConsNo cons at this time.

Overall-- Great, Very Satisfied

ProsLots of diverse opportunities. Fair compensation. Good support (HR, office, IT, etc.). If you have to work for somebody besides yourself, I can't think of a better place (and no, I don't own stock ...yet).
    Some of the reviews from lower level people (like myself) seem a little unfair to me. It seems that some people feel entitled to big bucks and big responsibility too soon. To move in this company, you need to make yourself valuable, you have to hustle to keep up your work load, and you have to be willing to solve other people's problems-- the "find a need and fill it" attitude. When you've developed some cred --when you've earned it-- you have to be willing to ask for more. The managers are BUSY with "real' work (sign of a good company). They are not sitting around waiting to hold your hand or thinking of ways to make your life better. Too often I hear folks who sit around and wait for work to come their way and then complain when they aren't handed a silver spoon.

ConsThere are some growing pains/information gaps with all the merger-acquisition activity. It's inevitable-- change is always difficult, especially when you were already happy. Though there's always room for improvement and a lot of 20/20 hindsight, I've been pretty impressed with how they've handled all of the uncertainty so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great staff, fun atmosphere, productive employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed atmosphere, Friendly people, Employee friendly. very Little intimidation between management and employees.

ConsOnly higher overqualified peopple; seems hard to move up

Great Entry Level Position

Staff Economist (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsEntrix gave me chance after graduating and has continued to aid my growth. I travel a lot with my position and they make sure every aspect of that process is seamless. Safety for workers is at the top the list for this employer and they make your you are properly trained and certified for all endeavors.

ConsI travel a lot for work and sometimes its hard to coordinate personal life but in all I love working for this company,

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your project hires reviews and let them know what are their strengths and weakenesses

Entrix is a great place to work

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Ventura, CA

ProsGood company, flexibility, lots of opportunities for those who want to learn

ConsMore focus needs to be on mentoring junior staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on long-term planning and less focus on short-term

Great Colleagues, But International Company Makes it Hard to Feel The Love

Senior Staff Scientist (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsGreat co-workers, interesting projects. Love the culture in my particular office. Relaxed atmosphere and flexible hours when needed are GREATLY appreciated!! The company has previously been very understanding of employee work-life balance needs which is particularly important for people with small children. By far, this is the best aspect of the company. Since being acquired by Cardno, these pros have remained, but we'll see if they are changed as the merger finalizes. The benefits package is fairly standard but pretty good, in my opinion. Salaries are so-so.

ConsLarge, aggressive company that is focused on purchasing and merging rather than on retaining current employees. Short-sighted upper management uses performance metrics that are not based in reality to make snap decisions about lay-offs then find later that they've laid off people they need for projects that were already on the horizon.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring freezes and salary freezes are hard to understand from the worker-bee point of view, particularly when the company continues seeking and acquiring smaller companies. A year and a half of sporadic lay-offs is demoralizing and does not result in loyalty. Try to keep the best parts of the companies you're acquiring - like the excellent work-life balance that ENTRIX employees have enjoyed.

Good Experience, No job security

On-Call Archaeologist (Former Employee)

ProsWas able to travel to various locations for work, work with great people, and learn new things.

ConsUnsure when a project would end and a new one would begin. Lack of communication!

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp create a more dynamic work environment with a company who cares about their employees, create better means of communication, and pay us better!

Diverse work, no promotion track

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsI really enjoy the people that I work with and the diversity of projects that I am able to work on.

ConsHard to break into new networks, no promotion track, minimal salary increase

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees, take time to get to know employees better in order to understand the amount of talent available within the company, appreciate employees more.

large company that offers many services

Prossome top notch scientists; a variety of expertise available; some really nice people with great dedication to their job and clients; strong client base; lots of locations

Conscan get lost in large company; too much admin and bureaucracy; foreign ownership; too much emphasis on profitability; top heavy system could use more scientists

Advice to Senior Managementcreate better culture and environment for work among divisions

Worked for Cardno ENTRIX? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cardno ENTRIX reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cardno ENTRIX CEO Todd M. Williams. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Cardno ENTRIX employees.