Cardno ENTRIX

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cardno ENTRIX President & Division Manager Todd M. Williams

Todd M. Williams

Internal instability makes for a wild ride

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsTremendous amount of potential that is not actualized. Opportunity to work with scientists from a variety of fields. Fast paced (and unchecked) growth leaves opportunities for promotion. Cardno is a conglomerate of many acquisitions which operate as separate businesses, of which ENTRIX is one. This business model could allow for some excellent collaboration with professionals in a variety of different fields, if it was encouraged. My office has great staff and I wish the same could be said for top level managers. The quality of your experience with Cardno ENTRIX varies greatly depending upon which business unit/upper management team you are working with. Some of these individuals were great managers but....

ConsRemote office management from unrelated regions. Upper management has micromanaged projects out of project managers hands and this hurts client relationships and makes project management extremely stressful, sometimes taxing professional reputations as a result. Large scale and poorly thought out knee-jerk layoffs often land ENTRIX understaffed in the very areas in which they need to be expanding growth. This has been achieved in an effort to preserve the jobs of a certain good old boy network of senior members in less economically productive areas. It contributes to an air of instability and expendability that is causing voluntary resignations across the board and detracting from the company's economic viability as a whole.

Setting you up to fail

Senior Project Scientist (Former Employee)

ProsMy office was filled with great people. Wish the same could be said for Corporate folks.

ConsNo support. In some ways you are set up to fail. Benefits are horrid. Senior management is pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many managers. There needs to be a corporate housecleaning of senior staff, VPs, and principals.

Great Colleagues, But International Company Makes it Hard to Feel The Love

Senior Staff Scientist (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat co-workers, interesting projects. Love the culture in my particular office. Relaxed atmosphere and flexible hours when needed are GREATLY appreciated!! The company has previously been very understanding of employee work-life balance needs which is particularly important for people with small children. By far, this is the best aspect of the company. Since being acquired by Cardno, these pros have remained, but we'll see if they are changed as the merger finalizes. The benefits package is fairly standard but pretty good, in my opinion. Salaries are so-so.

ConsLarge, aggressive company that is focused on purchasing and merging rather than on retaining current employees. Short-sighted upper management uses performance metrics that are not based in reality to make snap decisions about lay-offs then find later that they've laid off people they need for projects that were already on the horizon.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring freezes and salary freezes are hard to understand from the worker-bee point of view, particularly when the company continues seeking and acquiring smaller companies. A year and a half of sporadic lay-offs is demoralizing and does not result in loyalty. Try to keep the best parts of the companies you're acquiring - like the excellent work-life balance that ENTRIX employees have enjoyed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Potential, But Not Actualized

ProsCo-workers; a wide variety of intelligent, talented, highly skilled people, with rich backgrounds not only in the environmental science industry, but many others industries and studies, too. This fusion has created a blend of THE most interesting group of people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. This diversity is well-recognized, but...

ConsPoorly marketed. Extremely mismanaged by senior leadership, with a very reactionary and almost never proactive or pragmatic approach to their business units/areas. That being said, it's also because of no transparency between upper management and the rest of the company that a great deal of mistrust is built. Not to mention, the pay scales/rates are quite poor, and they treat their employees terribly, to boot. Why do people stay? They don't; many are abandoning ship, hoping to find a company that will treat them far better, as they deserve, and appreciate the talent that they have. It's shocking to see how CardnoEntrix is bleeding value out of the company, and feeding others'.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some integrity, show some innovation, and set higher standards for your work and the company as a whole.

Good Experience, No job security

On-Call Archaeologist (Former Employee)

ProsWas able to travel to various locations for work, work with great people, and learn new things.

ConsUnsure when a project would end and a new one would begin. Lack of communication!

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp create a more dynamic work environment with a company who cares about their employees, create better means of communication, and pay us better!

Diverse work, no promotion track

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsI really enjoy the people that I work with and the diversity of projects that I am able to work on.

ConsHard to break into new networks, no promotion track, minimal salary increase

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees, take time to get to know employees better in order to understand the amount of talent available within the company, appreciate employees more.

No chance for growth/development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay for the type of work done.

ConsPoor communication within the company. No chance to move up in the company. Co-workers try to throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Great staff, fun atmosphere, productive employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed atmosphere, Friendly people, Employee friendly. very Little intimidation between management and employees.

ConsOnly higher overqualified peopple; seems hard to move up

large company that offers many services

Prossome top notch scientists; a variety of expertise available; some really nice people with great dedication to their job and clients; strong client base; lots of locations

Conscan get lost in large company; too much admin and bureaucracy; foreign ownership; too much emphasis on profitability; top heavy system could use more scientists

Advice to Senior Managementcreate better culture and environment for work among divisions

Great place to work!

ProsVery qualified people, good work product, enjoyable environment with flexibility

ConsWork experience can depend on who you work for

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more support mentoring jr. staff. They are your future.

Worked for Cardno ENTRIX? Contribute to the Community!