Cardon Outreach

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
2.5

Glen Laschober

Overall things moving along at a good pace.

Current Employee - Eligibility Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Eligibility Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cardon Outreach full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Quick response for interview process meeting

Cons

I have not cons to report regarding Cardon Outreach services.

Decent

I worked at Cardon Outreach

Pros

Flexibility and Co workers are really nice to work with. Helping the patients get approved and pay for Medical bills.

Cons

Needs more organization. Hospital staff can be a little frustrating to work with at times. Little opportunity for higher pay.

Na

Great customer service

Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cardon Outreach

Pros

Communication within the company is very open. They are open to any ideas you may have to make the company better. Communication with contract companies is good as well.

Cons

Only con there is that the hours could be better, pay raises could be better as well.

Poor Place All Around

Current Employee - Supervisor in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Draper, UT

I have been working at Cardon Outreach

Pros

NONE, there is nothing positive that I can say about this company at this time.

Cons

Just everything is horrible. Management, training, communication, follow through, benefits. They had to offer bonuses for people not to quit. Don't work here.

Replace management, HR, company structure.

Good starting out company

Current Employee - TPL Specialist
    Current Employee - TPL Specialist

I have been working at Cardon Outreach

Pros

Flexibility of schedules and the people I work with

Cons

Training and health benefits are a no go.

Better training, more positive reinforcement.

Low pay but Rewarding career

Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cardon Outreach full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love having a job where I feel like I make a difference in patient's lives, it's a good feeling at the end of the day and I genuinely like my job. I have met some great people including patients, their families and hospital staff. I also feel like I am able to 'tweak' my hours a bit if need be if I have a commitment with one of my children.

Cons

Many empty promises and low pay. The "Paths to success" was introduced promising decent maximum raises but once Cardon realized how much that would cost the company they reneged on the raises offering a measly quarter raiser per hour. Yet adding more and more work as time goes on. Also I feel like employees aren't all held to the same standards, as many seem to get away with putting forth lesser effort than others.

Advocate more for your staff when it comes to supporting promotion, raises and compensation. Follow through on promises of activities, luncheons, etc to promote morale. Also, reach out more to staff working off site so they feel like they are more like a member of the "team"

Decent Experience

Former Employee - Disability Advocate
    Former Employee - Disability Advocate

I worked at Cardon Outreach full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I thought that my manager was great at being willing to help. Very understanding of work life balance.
    Great time off to start.

Cons

Company was not upfront about layoffs and delayed it painstakingly long.

Keep your employees in the loop.

The worst work experience I have ever had

Former Employee - Claims Resolution in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Claims Resolution in Draper, UT

I worked at Cardon Outreach full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Honestly, there are no pros that I can think of.

Cons

Every aspect was bad, hours, compensation, no work/life balance, terrible, terrible benefits.

At this point, I think the only way to improve the system is to start over from scratch. Stop forcing unrealistic goals onto your employees. I think the attitude of management that all the employees are replacable is just horrible. Recognize those who do a good job, not just the drones that can make a lot of calls, but don't get much done. The amount of HIPAA violations I saw on a daily basis at this office was astounding... I am surprised that they haven't been fined up to this point. The management in the claims resolution department is a complete joke. They are super passive/aggressive and also a little meglomaniacal. Take a long hard look at what is being done on a daily basis. Do not tell the staff that they are making record amounts of money and then tell them there is no money for real and honest raises. The compensation is horrendous compared to the amount of work expected on a daily basis. Also, even though you put the opportunity to be a manager out to "everyone." Every person who was promoted was completely predictable. Favoritism breeds discontentment. At Cardon, it doesn't matter how hard you work... It's who you are.

This is very honestly my very worst work experience. I can't imagine that the Draper Claims Resolution office and stay open very much longer.

My particular office was run very well

I worked at Cardon Outreach full-time

Pros

The people, co-workers and the patients/families were wonderful. Nice to be able to have the schedule I wanted/needed.

Cons

The pay. The medical coverage, ironically. The workload was insurmountable. The software and hardware was constantly on the fritz, which increased the amount of time it took to complete EVERYTHING. The stringent requirements and constant scoring of personnel made the job more stressful than it was worth, and advancement nearly impossible. This worked out well for management because they can keep the pay low and drain every last drop of blood, sweat and tears out of you that they can...seriously.

The policies handed down to the offices are impossible to meet, altogether, and keep employees healthy. This job will literally ruin your employees' health. You pay them a meager salary and suck the life out of them.

Favoritism at its finest

Former Employee - TPL
    Former Employee - TPL

I worked at Cardon Outreach full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent hours, good coworkers, lax dress policy, quiet

Cons

Very demanding, never good enough, no real rewards for hard work, many empty promises, managers fraterinize with lower level workers, making them untouchable. Promoting people based on friendships instead of experience or work ethic.