Cardtronics

Steven A. (Steve) Rathgaber

Customer service

Former Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX

I worked at Cardtronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working in the department. I had great coworkers. The word was enjoyable and challaging. There was a good variety during a typical day.

Cons

The hours were a little too long. there were not very many opportunities for advancement or additional training. Management could have had a little more trust in workers.

3 Years Full-time

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Cardtronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Publicly Traded company with an aggressive growth plan.

Cons

Corporate disconnect. Industry has plateaued.

Analyst Intern

I worked at Cardtronics as an intern

Pros

Learned a lot
    Very Hands on

Cons

None that I can think of

Too much work, unrealistic deadlines and expectations.

I have been working at Cardtronics as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Cardtronics has some of the best people I have worked with in my career ( frisco ). The people in IT are hard working and really feel a connection to the company.

Cons

-Deadlines are unrealistic, almost comical and impossible to deliver.
    -People are now afraid to say anything contrary to what the Management drum role is. If this trend continues, the company will loose some top talent soon as there are plenty of jobs out there for these folks.
    -Lots of offshoring a bad sign of future employment
    - People are not happy, everyone feels helpless and hopeless for the future
    -Managers seem afraid of the CIO
    - Company is not diverse. Not very many female on staff, very much a good ol boys network.
    -Equipment are substandard for IT people

Your people are your # 1 asset, treat them with respect and don't underestimate what they think they know. employee perception is bad bad bad. it will eat thru your talent pool if you ignore it.

Warehouse Clerk 3

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Cardtronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Co-workers. Everyone helped each other out as much as possible. Hours were good and pay was decent plus the benefits.

Cons

Management was terrible. Nasty and rude to everyone that worked in the warehouse. Yelled and was very rude.
    Did not give people the chance to advance or have any opinions about the job they performed daily. Would tell us to do something one way, even though it was not the smartest way to do something, then turn around and tell us to change it back and yell at us for doing it!

Need to find people that treat employees with respect to increase positive work environment and increase production for the company.

EFT - Best of the Best but still lacking

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Cardtronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There have been MANY growing pains and LOTS of hard work but things are getting better. There has been a renewed focus this year to quantify the amount, expense and quality of work/projects being churned through the EFT IT department. I work with VERY smart people that I am proud to call team members and even bosses. Now I cannot speak for every team in the Frisco office as I do know that while we all have heavy workloads, the lack of team cohesion in other groups has led to finger pointing and dissatisfaction. Some of this has been caused by a lack of direction, communication and leadership from the upper levels...as other reviews have mentioned.

I will say that I feel that my boss has my back 99.999% of the time. I do feel our team is appreciated and paid well.

We flat out are the juggernaut of the EFT industry. It is exciting to be on the knife's edge of technology for this industry.

Free sodas/water/coffee, sometimes lunch, nice facilities

Nice business park.

Cons

Too much direct access to us worker bees from managers, departments and endpoint vendors from outside of IT.

Direction should be well defined and dictated by established processes. This is another work in progress.

Lack of focus for priorities and directives. While major strides have been made, there is still a seemingly daily ebb and flow to priorities.

There are some 9-5 jobs in this office but very few. If you are a manager or operations support employee, you can expect 50 - 60 hours per week minimally. On call weeks can ring in nearly 80 hours. You will WORK here.

The corporate IT department could use some improvement when it comes to desktop support for the employees.

Stop providing such easy and lateral access to the people in the trenches from other departments within the company.

Stop downsizing the cubicles and cramming us in like sardines. It's demoralizing and forces every employee to unwittingly intrude on each others privacy and sensibilities. Along those same lines, don't seat your stressed out 24/7 warriors with your 9-5 normal folks. It's a different culture and leads to personality conflict.

We are now a VERY culturally diverse office. To minimize the risk of offending others beliefs or customs, you need to structure some sensitivity training ASAP.

Covered parking would be nice.

More career path opportunities please.

Listen to your gurus when they tell you to slow down on projects so they can be done right the first time.

My work experience was over all very good with the exception of very little communication from management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Cardtronics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly employees, good benefits, excellent management team.

Cons

Poor advancement opportunities, especially for women, lack of communication to employees from managers; poor pay increases.

Consider all employees first. If you provide a positive environment of growth for your employees, and a solid business plan, prosperity will follow. When I speak of growth, I mean growing the people, not the business. That will come if you put your your employees first. Cardtronics has a history of putting upper management level employees first and everyone else is an afterthought.

No advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cardtronics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck is about the only good reason.

Cons

No advancement. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Company has too many contractors that they typically will just let you go on a Friday evening after you have left the office. No job security. To much micromanaging.

Hire from within and at least try to keep good people. You get what you pay for.

I was a loyal employee, but was treated like trash!

I worked at Cardtronics

Pros

Getting a paycheck on the 15th and the end of the month.

Cons

Treated like you didn't matter. The command center management is the worst! You are never appreciated and made to feel like they don't care.

Clean house in the Command Center!

Recognition completely overlooked and communication does not flow down

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cardtronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You'll always have a new boss every year. Not a company looking for long term employees at all.
    Limited pros

Cons

All problems are easily listed on this site from other posts. 90% agree to them all.
    Recognition completely overlooked and communication does not flow down for anyone to know what perceptions are and unless you know someone you won't withstand any scrutiny.

Listen to your veterans before you back your rookies.