Care UK

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Parish

My experience at Care UK was good

Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Southampton, England (UK)

ProsThe staff were friendly and welcoming, the hours were manageable, the pay was good and the work was straight forward and rewarding

ConsThere wasn't an awful lot of training, you were expected to get on with the job, I learnt more from my colleagues than my employer

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunities for promotion and progression within the company would not have gone a miss. I was co-ordinating hospital appointments but felt I had a lot more to offer the company than what I was.

enjoyable,exciting,rewarding,loving,caring,my life,my world,changed my life forever

CARER and SUPPORT WORKER for ELDERLY and DISABLED (Current Employee)
    Brighton, England (UK)

Prosits rewarding,the company is kind ,caring,considerate,good rates of pay, good training and updates,alot of support,best company around to work for...very imformative

Constime off for holidays,long hours,wake nights,emotional, rates of pay and career moves wanting to upgrade to a higher standard,work so hard get no rewards or bonus,s

Advice to Senior Managementmore pay,people wont work in a care industry doing the hard work we do when they can get the same wage by sitting at a supermarket check out...

great company

Home Manager (Current Employee)
    Halstead, South East England, England (UK)

Prosgreat system, respect for workers, good staffing levels , great quality

Consno pay rise every year

Advice to Senior Management.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was very happy and loved working for Care UK

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
    Exeter, England (UK)

ProsGood SMT, Mike Parish is very approachable, they like to focus on quality, they would win my vote every time!

ConsTo be honest the only challenges I found were because I was so far away from the rest of the branches we didn't get management visits like other branches did.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep focussing on quality, I was made redundant from Care UK last year sadly. I moved to a new company and hate it so have decided to leave the Care Industry completely.

Difficult job, but rewarding

Support Worker (Current Employee)
    Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

ProsPerkz employee discounts is a small but appreciated token. The pay is more than decent, and there are plenty of hours available to work.

ConsIt is stressful, not a huge support framework to help you in the beginning but rather you have to learn a lot by yourself, and it can be very psychologically demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement the Common Induction Standard. It's there, use it.

Ups and Downs

Nurse (Former Employee)
    Ponteland, England (UK)

ProsPro-active in staff training for HCAs and to a degree for qualified staff. Qualified pay is reasonable.
    Better overall than many of its competitors.

ConsQualified staff have to wear pink, which for most male nurses is not really appropriate.
    Very poor at responding to complaints of harassment/bullying by Home Managers towards staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip!

The staff are great, always helpful and easy to get along with.

ProsMy manager of two years has been one of the best I've worked with. He has been supportive and accomodated new ideas. Most importantly he made staff feel important. I may have been lucky to have a great manager who has influenced me but I generallylike the management.

ConsSome organisational practices can improve, although the company has started to improve practices. Recently, a few strict rules and procedures have been put in place that have made for some less convinientprocedures. However, nothig too alarming.

Good work-life balance but a fair few management and administration issues

Support Worker (Current Employee)
    Bristol, England (UK)

ProsThey were understanding when I needed a month off for exams and allowed me to stop taking on shifts but stay on the books until I had finished. They were quick in writing me a reference for my next job which was great.

ConsI had a fair few issues with getting paid on time. Also I was not told I would be on the base rate, not the specialist rate which I was told I would be, for the 3 month probation period.
    I was never really sure who my manager was. My original one went off sick and then I was never clearly told the replacement and didn't have a list of contact number, names or job titles for the people in the office so I didn't know who I was supposed to speak to about different things.
    There was little in the way of supervision. I worked with a particularly difficult client with specialised care needs but there was no one to give me advice on how to work with the client and to offer strategies for helping her better.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people a list of office contacts and what their jobs are when they start. If your going to offer brain injury care, have someone on the team who is a specialist in brain injury, or at least get contact details for someone who can offer help to give to staff. Offer monthly supervisions, especially in the first 6 months.

Better than some

Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee)
    Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

ProsBetter than most care company's
    uniforms ok

ConsSenior care do the same work as nurse yet scrap wage
    only 20p more than carers

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the seniors who handle medications a pay rise of more than 10p

Painful

Care Worker (Former Employee)
    Guildford, England (UK)

ProsGood pay. double money for bank holiday

ConsThey muck you about (holidays)
    Not enough time to get from one client to another

Worked for Care UK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Care UK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Care UK CEO Mike Parish. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Care UK employees.