Care UK Reviews

35 reviews filtered by
3.7
Mike Parish

1. Field Care Supervison

Current Employee - Field Care Supervisor in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Care Supervisor in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Care UK

Pros

With hard work comes rewards, absolutely love my job

Cons

Your hours are crazy and at times unsocial

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff they work hard for their money and most of them really do care

2. Care UK is a great company to work in

Current Freelancer - CARER and SUPPORT WORKER for ELDERLY and DISABLED in Harrow, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK (More than 3 years)

Pros

meeting some lovely service user ,assisting them and leaving the happy ,makes me happy

Cons

the pay is not encouraging to compare with the working conditions

Advice to Management

to improve the pay pack

3. I was respected, well supported and provided with massive range of training and development opportunities.

Current Employee - Home Manager in Islington, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Home Manager in Islington, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to improve my career easily and to develop my skills and knowledge and build up my confidence.

Cons

we constantly hear a lot of announcements of people leaving/joining Care UK expecting to have new ideas and rules to see.

Advice to Management

To visit the care homes more often or at least once a year and meet the employees in person.

5. I am a support worker, working in a supported living environment for people with learning disabilities.

Current Employee - Support Worker in Colchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Colchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Care UK is a passionate company, devoted to stamping out abuse. Care UK are lateral thinkers, using creative techniques to promote independent living. Staff are well trained with competency checks. Regular training is given to ensure the best care is given

Cons

Care UK give you a lot of responsibility for a very low minimum wage.

Advice to Management

More interaction with support workers. This could increase career prospect to devoted staff

6. Good people, great management and progression opportunities. I worked at GMCATS in Manchester at the PMC.

Former Employee - Administrative in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I worked at Care UK

Pros

Good management that listened to you and rewarded improvents and changed processes where needed.

Cons

Being unaware of process change could be stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. Not recommended as a workplace.

Current Employee - Home-visiting Carer in Hammersmith, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Home-visiting Carer in Hammersmith, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK (More than a year)

Pros

One of the higher paid home caring positions (£8ph in London). Not that that really says much as carers usually get minimum wage. Provides good physical exercise.

Cons

Zero-Guaranteed Hours Contract results in unreliable weekly pay, Work is in West London, Managerial and Supervisory Support is in South-East London and training is in North -West London so you feel very alone and unsupported at work. Many expenses (phone, transport, postage etc) required for job but no expenses provided to support you. No bonuses.

Advice to Management

You need to put your Hammersmith and Fulham Office back in Hammersmith or Fulham!

8. good approachable management who are willing to help

Current Employee - Senior Carer in Gateshead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Carer in Gateshead, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

on-going training, very accommodating if you need time off for personal matters, encourage personal development

Cons

gives a good insight to what Care Uk can offer you

Advice to Management

enjoyable company to work for

9. Care UK review from RGN.

Former Employee - Pre Assessment Nurse in Ilford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Pre Assessment Nurse in Ilford, England (UK)

I worked at Care UK

Pros

For me the Pro's were having weekends to myself and working mon-fri, the variety of different shift hours and options to go to other departments as and when required.
    I enjoyed the variety of tasks required of me and to be able to learn on the job from the multi-disciplinary team. Location for me was good, a 20min drive from my home, although I didn't pay for car-parking I was able to park nearby and walk in. Uniform given and replaced when started to look worn out and using fobbing in and out system helps you to keep track of your shifts, hours and Annual Leave.

Cons

Not being paid overtime for staying late when clinics ran late but instead getting time back but often not when staff members wanted it. Often felt like I put myself out to help out and it wasn't appreciated. The only other thing I found was that as a young Nurse you lost a lot of clinical skills as pre-assessment = sitting in front of a computer for the majority of your shift unless you were in the Wound Clinic. I found all the staff with exception of one or two where I worked friendly, helpful and for clinical staff people who actually cared about the patients and their experience. My manager was strict but fair, and when staff treated wrongly she stood up for us.

Advice to Management

When Staff Put themselves out to stay over their hours and cancel plans they had etc offer the option of being paid overtime or comprimise to let staff get their time back when they would like it rather than when it suits the company.
    Get staff on training, I was signed up for a course and it was cancelled just over a week before with no reason, I'm glad I hadn't booked train tickets that would of cost me over £50.00 and was told i wouldn't get it back until after or paid for the extra hours I'd be over due to travelling. Also the benefits / incentives website thing never worked and so never got any benefits from the company.

10. satisfaction of a job well done

Current Employee - Team Leader in Chorley, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Chorley, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

get to experience different experiences every week

Cons

sometimes when short staffed we are at work too much

Advice to Management

recruit the right people for the right jobs

11. It's been great , especially having the opportunity to progress in my continuity professional development.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chelmsford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chelmsford, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK

Pros

Greater opportunity to maximise ones potentials in the field of practise and working together with a great team who render help and support.

Cons

Working in a secured environment sometimes minimises our inter-relationship with other careuk staff . Lesser benefits to staff compared to NHS.

Advice to Management

Management should minimise the use of bank staff, especially nurses as there is no effective continuity in implementing and carrying out their tasks because proper inductions are not always deliver to them thus, causing ineffective practises.

Care UK Photos