CareAnyware

Profile Unclaimed

CareAnyware Reviews

3.2

Dave Cormack

I love working at CareAnyware... seriously...

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CareAnyware

Pros

The people I'm working with are friendly, respectful and helpful! We have a great product, happy users and a lot of growth potential. Best job I've ever had!!

Cons

I'm new (8months) to the company, so I need to travel a lot to meet with our clients in my territory.

Please continue to keep an open mind on how we can better our company and our software.

Hard work but professionally rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CareAnyware

Pros

One of the things I appreciate most about this company is the absence of office "politics". If you're good at what you do and work hard, you're recognized and rewarded. Management is quite flexible about things like working from home or modifying your work hours when necessary, or even trying your skills in some new area. There is definitely room to grow and move up.

Cons

People do work hard here . It's not uncommon to see people eating lunch at their desks or walking around with open laptops or with dazed looks because of late night deployments. It can get pretty stressful at times.

Continue to listen to employees. Continue to open up communication between company departments.

CareAnyware is a well run medium size company with a small company feel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at CareAnyware

Pros

CareAnyware creates Healthcare software which is right now the #1 area in IT. People at CareAnyware are very open to change. The company encourages experimentation and every employee can suggest ideas for improvement and make them happen. The company revenue keeps growing even during this recession so that provides good job security in these uncertain times.

Cons

Employees work at a very fast pace and it can be hard for new employees to get up to the same speed quickly. Depending on what kind of company you worked before it can take a few months before you catch up to the speed of the people around you.

Encourage more interactions with customers and continue to increase transparency across the company. We really like company events like barbeques and outings so it would be good to have more of those.

Dismal, depressing and demeaning work environment.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cary, NC

I worked at CareAnyware

Pros

Many of the people are briliiant and do a wonderful job, and are the salt of the Earth.

Cons

The physical environment should be condememned. The Management with the exception of one manager should all be replaced with people who know how to manage and get the job done right the first time. If you are incompetent, and a dolt you will go straight to the top in this company. The Peter Principle reigns supreme. However, if you are intelligent, know how things should be run and have integrity, a lynch mob will be out to get you.
    The best thing that can happen to this company is to have new management or if it is bought out by a company that knows its P's and Q's

Step down, retire, leave the job to competent people.

Memoriable, but not in a good way.

I have been working at CareAnyware

Pros

I was able to work from home.

Cons

Management never communicated with me. Only learned things by accident. Never had a formal performance review during my 5+ years there. Never revisited the subject of my salary after my 1st year. FY 2009 had their best sales year, but effective 1/1/10 commissions were decreased by 50% because of a new marketing software they implemented, they didn't allow for grace period to confirm it was going to help improve business....ultimately feel we the employee was paying for the software with the commissions we were loosing! 2 weeks after the closing of the company's largest customer (which I had discovered) I was terminated without warning...I was told my remote position was being brought in-house, had nothing to do with my work performance. However, it was uncovered during my dealings with unemployment that they indicated "misconduct" as part of the reason for my dismissal, which negatively effected the extensions and training grants I was eligible for. Job searchers beware. Investors beware.

Communication is key....keep employees informed. Do unto others....saying you treat your employees very poorly is an understatement. Brown-nose reviews will only make the negative reviews come out of the woodwork. Your management skills are non-existing and you are self-serving with no conscience. You don't seem to care who you hurt as long as you get what you want. I will forever keep my experience working for CareAnyware with me so that I never make the same kind of employment mistake again.

Exciting place to work at the forefront of healthcare technology

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at CareAnyware

Pros

The best thing about working at CareAnyware is that each employee feels that they are critical in the functioning of the company and, in my experience, that engenders integrity and pride in each of our teammates. In other words, each employee's contribution has a meaningful impact on how the company functions and operates.

The management team is also very, very supportive of employees. Management is always open to new suggestions and many process improvements have been implemented based on an individual's recommendation.

While CareAnyware is a medium-sized company, employees should be comfortable with dynamic workflow and responsibilities more in-tune with the workings of a smaller company. We've grown a lot over the past few years (30% year-on-year), but I think management has recognized the work and lifestyle benefits of the "small-company" feel and has taken steps to preserve that.

Cons

The thing I like least about my role is deployments. We release new software features on a regular basis, and since we're web-based that means we have to do the releases at night. What this means is that staff involved with releasing new features (since I design new features I'm included in this group) once a month have to work a few hours in at night. We get to come in late the next day, though, so I guess it's not a big thing.

Keep experimenting! Some of our best ideas have come out of experiments started by individuals or small groups of employees. I think management already understands this, though.

I second the review below--let's get back to regular BBQs!

Lots of hard work, but never received a penny more for the years.

I have been working at CareAnyware

Pros

Lucky to have a fairly-decent product for their industry. There are some good and smart people who still work there.

Cons

Micro-management style with frequent knee-jerk decisions. Strategic vision is lacking. No yearly raises or compensation to anyone but the very highest-level management. High rate of employee turnover results in huge costs to the company, but management doesn't recognize it. Projects left undone. SOP is to delay, avoid, and circle - along with a lot of scapegoating.

Step down. With some savvy & smart business ops leaders, the company could be leading the way instead of limping along.