CareCentrix Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
2.8

John Driscoll

Still moving in the right direction!

I have been working at CareCentrix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership has a "we care" attitude. Great growth and advancement opportunities for employees. Employees feel like they can make a difference as CareCentrix implements changes based on employee feedback and suggestions.

Cons

Many changes are occurring at once but they are all for the better and allows us to stay true to our Mission.

Continue to communicate to employees with what is going on within CareCentrix. Continue to recognize the hard work your employees are doing.

Great opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CareCentrix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can definitely advance if you express the desire to move up. The new leadership is really trying to change the environment at CCX. It's slow but I do see progress in the right direction.

Cons

Pay is way below industry standard for the area. You can go just about anywhere and make more money.

Look at current pay if you want to keep and recruit great talent, especially during the transition from a coordination of benefits company to Utilization Management company. The pay is well below your competitors.

A real learning experience.

Current Employee - Programmer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CareCentrix as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great to work with and very friendly. You can get emergency time off when it is needed.

Cons

Too much work for the current staffing level. Poor training. Systems are complex and you are pretty much on your own to figure them out.

Set realistic expectations for the amount of work to be done.

Brilliant Mess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CareCentrix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can honestly say I have never worked with a more brilliant group of people. The manager (and up) that I work for are VERY knowledgable and very business focused. They are also willing to help whenever needed (though since they are involved in so much this can be tricky). They do try to stop by every day and see how everyone is doing which I think is nice. The employees are all very nice and are honestly like family. Great group of people. PTO time is VERY generous. Flexible work schedule is very nice. The company does lots of random nice things for employees, pizza day, ice cream, chocolate, jeans days/weeks etc. The company is growing and that has both its pros and cons.

Cons

First off training is non existent. I don't even know if we have an actual training department. You have to rely on everyone else and your own will to get you the knowledge you need. I believe this is the biggest problem because now you have a bunch of people who are new and don't have the tools needed to successfully do the job they were hired for. There is A LOT of work to be done and not enough employees, so those employees are so overworked its ridiculous. Thats why everyone looks stressed as mentioned in another review. Another huge issue is their are no real policies and procedures for the work being done on the floor. Everyone just does it the way they feel is right or was told was the right way by someone else who cant back up their reasoning because there is nothing in writing anywhere! There have been a lot of changes going on and they are trying to become more standardized but its a slow process.

I think management is on the right track. I would definitely say to create a training department, a real one. A dept that actually teaches you how to use the systems, goes over real examples of scenarios you will come across (based off dept of course). Either hire more people or do some cross training of current employees to help alleviate those employees who are about to jump ship because they are being taken advantage of.

Lost Company

Current Employee - Provider Staffing in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Provider Staffing in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CareCentrix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No pros come to mind

Cons

Raises are a joke,
    advancement is not likely, management is useless,

Quit, and get new people.

Ever changing environment!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at CareCentrix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a good group of folks (fellow employees) to work with. Most employees understand the importance of the services that they're providing to the patients. You have to remember that the majority of the patients are going though a "life changing" experience that's new to them and they're not very familiar with. The whole process can be very frustrating for a "new" patient. However, there is reward and satisfaction in putting a smile on someone's face over the phones. It goes a long way...

Cons

They could use more automation when it comes to their internal processes and systems. Their current processes and procedures are sometimes frustrating because you're having to "manually" research the majority of the accounts. Too much time is spent looking things up manually. "Let me put you on hold while I look that up"...

Listen to the folks in the trenches that are on the phones all day talking to the patients. They know what's important to the patients.

Only work here if you are desperate; there is no CARE in CareCentrix

Current Employee - RCC in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - RCC in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at CareCentrix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company themes would be a pro if they were not just empty words; the so called generous PTO would be a plus if the supervision would actually approved the requests for the time off;

Cons

The management team is very adept at misleading (get everything in writing with these supervisors); Don't be fooled by being told there is a change in management this company has been progressively getting worse for the past several years. The top management has almost as high turnover as the lesser positions. This organization is so mismanaged, the end results are often more harmful than good (this is definitely not the place for you if patients are important to you); The work environment is negative and hostile (please don't have an opinion here) Don't expect to be recognized for doing an outstanding job (be prepared to be punished for doing the right thing); Do expect to be stabbed in the back (that is the only type of advancement that seems to be possible, especially if you are not included in the select inner circle)

1. Listen to what the discharge planners and patients are saying. The service is horrible, the instructions are different with every different person that is contacted.
    2. Fire and replace all of the current leads and supervisors. They are doing much more harm than good for this company.
    3. Change the methods in which the employee performance is evaluated. Current methods reward slop shod, incomplete work.

Treats employees like they are disposable! High rate of employee attrition for a reason

Former Employee - Medical Collector in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Collector in Tampa, FL

I worked at CareCentrix as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Free coffee - tea - hot cocoa for permanent, full time employees… flex time is a great benefit (unavailable to temps) to work 8 hour shifts anywhere from 7 am to 6 pm

Cons

- verbally abusive "trainer" yelled at me
    - I asked for the company manual to learn the job as the trainer had no time or patience for me and he told me I didn't need it

I was a temp on a long term assignment and when I complained that I was verbally abused and yelled at, and no one had time to teach or train me, my assignment ended abruptly

Obviously something needs to change dramatically… look at the high turnover rate of employes. Look at the attitudes - body language - and miserable demeanor of employees

I love my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at CareCentrix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoy the people and I am inspired by our new CEO's energy and dedication. If I have to spend 40 hours a week away from my family I am glad I can spend it here working with a great team helping to improve our patient's lives.
    I also believe the senior management is listening and we have had much overdue improvements over the last year.

Cons

a lot of change in a very short period of time.

Change is critical to survival, I think the staff understand but find a way to involve the front line associates and their management team in the process. Not only will you gain employee "buy in" but you may find that are the most suited subject matter experts with some really innovative ideas born out first hand customer experience.

Good changes happening in response to associate feedback

I have been working at CareCentrix

Pros

The new executive team is really interested in what associates have to say through focus groups, update meetings and informal ad-hoc conversations. Changes are happening to make processes more efficient, improve system performance, and address day-to-day operational issues that haven't been addressed in the past.

Cons

There are lots of changes, so you need to be flexible. Some people adapt to change better than others, so we are all helping each other through the various stages.

Keep pushing to make the good changes and make sure associates understand the link between their feedback and the upcoming change.

CareCentrix Photos