CareCore National

Add Photos

John Arlotta

Repetitive

I worked at CareCore National

ProsStable, work from home, good pay, benefitted

Consrepetitive, dealing with angry providers, pressure to meet goals

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Assembly line nursing.

Nurse Clinical Reviewer (Former Employee)

I worked at CareCore National full-time for less than a year

ProsWork at home after training.

ConsThreatening environment. Generally unhappy employees. People leave as fast as they are hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementStressed-out management. They are always critical. Never have a positive or supportive comment.

VERY DISRESPECTFUL COMPANY

I worked at CareCore National full-time for less than a year

ProsWork from home, work from home.

ConsDegrading oversight, ultra critical senior management , Thankless job, Cheap company,

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make promises you can not keep, don't follow the almighty dollar sign and let insurance companies trample over you and make ridiculous demands. Respect your employees

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Place Ever

I worked at CareCore National full-time for less than a year

ProsThe building is very nice.

ConsExtremely unprofessional. You are left completely on your own and set up for failure. Expected to work all sorts of ridiculous hours based on people who have no life and would rather be at work than go home. Worse thing I ever did was take a job there and the best thing I ever did was to leave. I would rather bag groceries in the supermarket than work there but thank God I immediately got a new job with people who appreciate and respect my work. Good riddance CareCore!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother - it's a waste of time.

Please think twice about accepting a job here.

Former Trainer (Former Employee)

I worked at CareCore National full-time for more than a year

ProsThe first month or two are great. They will give you a sales pitch about what a great company it is, and how exciting it is to work for a growing organization!

ConsThat facade doesn't last long. Terrible, terrible corporate culture based on fear and negativity.

If you are considering a job here as a salaried person please realize that you will be expected to work excessive hours because this company is all about bare bones staffing in every department. If you are hired to be on the phones, expect to have every minute of your time (right down to your bathroom breaks) micromanaged.

This wouldn't be so bad if people were recognized for their contribution - either verbally or financially - but they aren't. They are starting to make payroll "mistakes" where everyone's checks have been late or short (or both). People are speculating that the company is starting to struggle financially.

The health insurance is so terrible it is embarrassing. Expect to pay $200-$400 per month if you insure your children - for a plan that covers nothing outside of preventative. If you actually need to use the insurance, it is a $4k deductible with an $8k out of pocket maximum. HR is insulting in it's propaganda about how great the benefits are and how much the company cares about it's employees. They don't seem to realize that everyone sees right through it.

If you have experience in the health care industry or in a call center - you can do better elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting management from within. Either that - or give them proper training to do their jobs. Quit rewarding senior management for behaving badly and treating people poorly. Stop pretending to care about your employees and just treat them with courtesy and respect.

Good company until you ask questions

Contract Management (Former Employee)

I worked at CareCore National full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAble to work from home

ConsI enjoyed my job until I had an issue with my immediate supervisor. I went to upper management to discuss my issue and low and behold I'm the issue. Any questions made about validity of processes and company policies is a big no no. Many underhanded things are being done to providers and members with permission from the health plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't wait for the federal investigations to hit.

It is a great place for a person who is hard working to move up the ranks.

Receptionist (Current Employee)

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for more than a year

ProsI believe in what this company does and that it is necessary for this company to be a part of the health care system. If you really take the time and learn about the company you find yourself caring about the providers, patients and the health plans needs. I came back to carecore after being gone a year and can not wait to grow with the company and be a part of the future of this company.

ConsIndividuals who accept a job at carecore who are only there for a paycheck and not there to better the company. Some people that are hired I feel are hired to fill quota, I would rather see quality workers, people who care about the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the opportunit!!! Hope to be a part of the management team soon

Recharged and refreshed

Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee)

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI have been with the company for 4 years .I have seen ups and downs. I was ready to quit, supervisors are nasty, callers hateful. I have gone through several supervisor changes.Lots of favoritism and Good Ole Girl Network. My choice to quit changed when I got assigned to my new manager. She changed my outlook on the company and really has rallied my faith in the company. Her enthusiasm and support, as well as J Arlotta's priorities has refreshed the air . My questions are answered in under 2 minutes, I'm not afraid to make suggestions, and they really mean open door now. Some of the nasty supervisors aren't here anymore.No more nasty good ole girlgossip. a few of the ones in other states are unpleasant but I am very happy and content. My former supervisor blew me off all the time. My new one actually stayed late and spent 2 hours with me on the phone showing me how to better use our new phones and computer. No matter how busy ,always makes time for us. My cases are higher and my audits higher. I am much more confident. I have learned so much . this is why I stayed. This change in leadership and I get to work in my pjs. some of the reviews here are deserved. in the past, this place was hell. but if you work hard, and are lucky enough to move to a special team, like I did, life is not so bad.

ConsMonet , ugly callers, and help desk , paychecks. we were not paid 2 holidays in a row , they fixed it later but still, that was awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew help desk people. the ones now don't listen and talk to you like you're dumb. New accounting. Who ever does is now is horrible. Hire more people like my boss. People that really give a crap, listen and are available. Get rid of the trash, nasty supervisors and managers. The new "shift"in leadership was a good start. Raise peoples income a bit. come on, the company makes billions , youcan afford to pay us more.

This place sucks!

Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee)

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for more than a year

ProsThe only thing that I enjoyed was the training.

ConsNo room for error. If you make a mistake then management will find a way to fire you.
The amount of effort and time you put in with the company does not matter.

Advice to Senior Managementget new management for a lot of the departments.

I don't believe some of the wage and hour practices are even legal

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat direct supervisor and mentors

ConsSome mandatory training has to be done on your own time. Start up of programs is done on own time, I sign on 30 minutes before my shift begins to bring everything up. Very difficult to have consistent income since case rate is often adversely influenced by computer and systems issues.

Worked for CareCore National? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareCore National reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareCore National CEO John Arlotta. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by CareCore National employees.