CareCore National

excellent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bluffton, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

company treats their employees well.

Cons

health insurance costs are very high

get us better health care

They try so hard NOT to be liked...

Former Employee - Non-Clinical Representative  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Non-Clinical Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at CareCore National full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay and benefits are about the same as you'd find in most call centers in Colorado Springs. The atmosphere is very professional, at least from the outside looking in.

Cons

The so-called "audits" are rarely a fair assessment of how one actually performs as an agent, however your entire career will be based on them, with very little opportunity to redeem yourself. Weekly meetings with your supervisor are highly unproductive. Time is absolutely micromanaged. Don't even joke about displaying a cell phone anywhere but outside the building, or you will be fired immediately. You'll eventually be fired anyway, because, oddly, that seems to be the company goal.

Lighten up, take audits on a case-by-case basis, and understand that agents are human, not 'bots. THINK about how you treat people.

My tenure here has not been a positive experience.

I have been working at CareCore National

Pros

Work from home. The mentoring program is pretty good. I don't have to spend money on gas or deal with traffic.

Cons

Work from home but am still expected to follow a dress code. Completely scripted calls but the scripts don't always fit the scenario. You are micromanaged to death. The pay is ridiculously low. It has not ben a good experience.

Please realize that your clinical reviewers are for the most part experienced professionals. Monitor productivity and don't make us feel like we are being spied on. This company from day one of orientation made my whole class feel like we were idiotic children not to be trusted.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The experts at giving the sunshine enema to employees

Current Employee - Non-Clinical Representative  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Non-Clinical Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for less than a year

Pros

In the office I work at the people are very friendly and are willing to let you grow and get promotions.

Cons

The pay is a joke compared to what you can get elsewhere. You will have every second of your time accounted for and discussed with a supervisor - and yes, they will micromanage your bathroom breaks and determine if you are taking too long no matter if you are only taking 30 calls a day or taking over 120 even with your bathroom breaks. The company bends over backwards to cater to every health plan they are contracted with, so also expect about a million different ways to say one thing depending on what health plan you are working with on that call. Oh, and you forget a word in that script or change one? Guess what, you failed your audit for that call. They penalize you for dead air even if it lasts for less than 10 seconds. You are constantly having computer and system issues but are not allowed to mention it to callers. Instead, you must aggravate them by saying every (literally!) 5-6 seconds "I apologize for the wait" or "Thank you for your patience". There office is overflowing with people and instead of buying a new building that is desperately needed, they would rather force people to go remote. Good luck trying to get a day off to do anything, whether its an emergency or not. I knew someone I worked with who ended up quitting because they were written up for a final warning due to her going to the ER with heart problems while in the 90 day period of employment. Expect to see frustrated patients, archaic systems, and realize that as a non-clinical representative your ability to help these patients with anything is a joke. Honestly, you're there as a meat shield for the rest of the company. This place isn't a lost cause. It's still one of the better places I've worked. But as in the title, they are all about the sunshine enema. They don't have problems here, they have "opportunities". You are constantly told that everything is amazing and great when in fact they are more blind to their issues than you can possibly believe. As for benefits, the insurance under UHC is a joke. Expect to have a $4,000 deductible, massive co-pays and for most of us, high pharmaceutical bills. Just for reference as a health male between the ages of 18-35, my prescriptions cost roughly $180 a month - after I met the deductible of course.

Please stop micromanaging us. If we are taking more calls than the average person, why does it matter if we take an extra five minutes in the bathroom more than the allotted ten? In addition, if some of us have relevant call center or medical experience or education, please pay us more fairly. This is not a first job for most of us, and we are not teenagers who live at home and get a free ride. Most of us have families to support. If our performance, education, and experience exceed the average, we should be compensated for it. In addition, as a health care company, you really need to provide us with better medical insurance coverage. I would gladly pay a higher monthly premium to get rid of what we have now. Also, please stop making excuses Mr. Arlotta and lease a new building for the Colorado location. I have seen new people come in who are still stuck in the training lab due to no space being available anywhere. Trust me, after watching you brag during your key-note speeches about how well this company is doing and how many new companies we have acquired and health plans we work with, I know you have the money to provide us an adequate facility.

Company is experiencing tremendous growth, but there is a serious lack of resources across multiple departments.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cutting edge technology allows for work from home flexibility. Salaries are extremely competitive for the area.

Cons

Lack of resources has bred many single points of failure and quality issues. Employees are called upon 24/7 to keep systems running. Promotions are difficult to get if you are not in the right department.

Slow the projects and give reasonable deadlines for completion to the clients or hire enough staff to handle it.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance. Positive work environment.

Cons

Salary is lower than average.

Continue to work hard and develop the company. Re invest in employees

Former Inmate-CR

Former Employee - Clinical Nurse Reviewer  in  Bluffton, SC
    Former Employee - Clinical Nurse Reviewer in Bluffton, SC

I worked at CareCore National full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to work from home. The ability to make extra money doing overtime. The 3 week training I received in SC.

Cons

I was considering going back to work here while I continue my education, but reading the reviews made me remember why I left. It was IMPOSSIBLE to get a day off, even when the request was given more than a month in advance! The audits were a nightmare, truly, ONE word off or missed and your score went down a couple of points, which in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't normally care about but this affected my "bonus." The recording of calls was ridiculous and I could always tell when they were doing it. I was a high producer but who cares, they still micromanaged me to death. It's was almost like they got a sick pleasure out of killing your spirit. I'm not even sure why they hired Nurses because we couldn't use our nursing judgment ever! My Supervisors were ok, I just think that the system is inherently flawed, and this company is an example of how money and healthcare do not and should not mix!

It would fall on deaf ears so I won't waste my time.

Worst job I've ever held!!!!!

I worked at CareCore National

Pros

The few CRs I collaborated with on rare occasions We were all like "crabs in a barrell", trying to get out..

Cons

Everything!! Management under trained, and non supportive. Benefits near impossible to utilize.Too much difficulty obtaining PTO. Very unappreciative of staff. Spoken to as if you're an imbecile on occasion. Daily issues with computer systems. Lacking serious ethics of customer service to employees....especially for a Healthcare Organization.

WFM needs major overhaul.Hold your managers accountable for their poor treatment of staff .Who are they supporting when not supporting CR staff?

Understaffed, poor communication to staff, micromanaged.

Current Employee - Call Center  in  Bluffton, SC
    Current Employee - Call Center in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for more than a year

Pros

the best part is the remote possibilities, benefits are good for the most part. fellow employees are understanding as they are in the same misery boat themselves

Cons

time management police make it very stressful. really feel the lack of administrative support when needed, even in training. health insurance carries such a high deductible I can't afford to go to the doctor. only allowed 2 sick days every 6 months. really?? very difficult to get requested days off even well in advance.

While it's nice to hear middle management stroking your executive egos, recognize that the staff, dealing with the actual callers day in and day out, are mismanaged, talked down to by those very managers, and inconsistent in administering help to the public. difficult to promote a positive experience when treated as such by you boss.

A wonderful place to work!

Current Employee - Intake Customer Service
    Current Employee - Intake Customer Service

I have been working at CareCore National full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours are wonderful, and you get weekends off. Everyone I've met so far has been incredibly kind and helpful, extremely positive environment. They also have very reasonable expectations for their employees. This is an excellent company to work for and I am so happy to have a job here.

Cons

None. It's a call center job, so it's expected you'll be on the phones all day.

You are doing wonderfully!

Worked for CareCore National? Contribute to the Community!