CareCore National

Updated January 2, 2015
Updated January 2, 2015
2.2

John Arlotta

Pros
  • I get to work from home which helps commute costs (in 18 reviews)

• Decent salaries offered, if you are in South Carolina you are about 20 minutes from the beach, cost of living is relatively cheap, offices are new (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have experience in the health care industry or in a call center - you can do better elsewhere (in 5 reviews)

• The health insurance is so terrible it is embarrassing (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great opportunities and growth; Fair to midlin' work-life balance

Current Employee - Director in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Current Employee - Director in Hilton Head Island, SC

I have been working at CareCore National full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth and advancement.

Cons

High stress. Long hours.

Involve end users in decision making

Horrible place to work!!!

I worked at CareCore National

Pros

Close to home, that's about it!!

Cons

The job was awful. I had to clock in and clock out, I hated working in a call center environment. Most of the people were nasty, and I was extremely unhappy. The pay was low, and I couldn't wait to leave after one week!!!! My advice - don't work there!!!!!!!!!

remember ma bell

Current Employee - Phone Jockey in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Phone Jockey in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CareCore National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pure stupidity of the executive management. They are so busy scrambling to stab each other in the back they miss everything else. Close proximity to the slopes, holidays off.

Cons

Sneaky ,underhanded double talk, CEO thinks the employees are stupid. Secrets, lies, the rich get richer and they really don't care who they stomp all over. Inappropriate conduct , borderline harassment. Audits by unqualified staff . Hr is a joke, and more than likely in bed with the company head.

Get your heads out of the sand. When you are out of a job , the people you are crapping on may be the ones interviewing you for your next position.

excellent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at CareCore National full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

company treats their employees well.

Cons

health insurance costs are very high

get us better health care

It Seemed Nice From The Outside In

Current Employee - Clinical Decision Support Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CareCore National full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home opportunity..
    Lots of employee activities, potlucks, BBQs etc. But all based around your breaks and lunch. Some of the staff..
    PTO.. paid holidays.. Weekends off job paid life insurance.. Easy interview..

Cons

Pay not enough for the work
    Favoritism runs wild
    Supervisors never do their job in Non clinical.. Always talking and ordering sushi..
    The scripting is RIDICULOUS..
    The expectations of taking over 100 calls a day and only using ten minutes a day to use the restroom.
    Promotions are bs.. And based on favortism as well
    Things CONSTANLY change as far as rules and audits are concerned. What to say what not to say..

The "evidence based guidelines" are bogus
    Its VERY repetitive..
    The attendance policy is outrageous.. Basically designed to cause issues and write ups.

They Dont give you room to have a family work balance.. If your kids are sick or something more than 4 days a year get ready to be written up.. You're not forgiven for that absence until a YEAR later.. Yeah 365 days

Dont get me started on HR.. That's a joke. Unless you're paid to NOT DO YOUR JOB..

I could go on all day. Just DONT DO IT.

Revamp your case building system
    Do away with your attendance policy
    Pay more money! You know enough to take care of the family we dont get to see unless its a weekend.

It sucked.

Former Employee - Clinical Decision Support Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at CareCore National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home. The building was nice, The plants were pretty, Coffee was ok.

Cons

The staff They are very negative. Treat their employees like crap. The benefits sucked. Get more from Obama Care. They are delaying peoples treatment, possibly their lives. The current person in charge at the moment. Had been a special advisor to the same company. which in turn invested money into CCN. Conflict of interest. CEO has his own jet and personal pilot flying him around. While people are standing around to have their procedure approved.. The quality audits were unfair as... You did't say this, or you did that. Wtf. At the end of the day, the job got done. Happy employee=happy customer. Not here. If you have a speech problem (lisp..) they will hold it against you, Most places I have worked for years I've made friends life long friends, not here. f you have, or had cancer they will deny your procedure, usually because you have no new symptoms. You can't see cancer from the outside. You have to see whats going on inside. Patients waiting for staging just to be told it didn't meet medical necessity.

They need to sit in a chair for 8 hours a taking 100+ calls a day. Have a heart, .. Be creative, celebrate your employees. You cannot mimic quality. More diverse people. Let them wear jeans and trainers.

They try so hard NOT to be liked...

Former Employee - Non-Clinical Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Non-Clinical Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at CareCore National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are about the same as you'd find in most call centers in Colorado Springs. The atmosphere is very professional, at least from the outside looking in.

Cons

The so-called "audits" are rarely a fair assessment of how one actually performs as an agent, however your entire career will be based on them, with very little opportunity to redeem yourself. Weekly meetings with your supervisor are highly unproductive. Time is absolutely micromanaged. Don't even joke about displaying a cell phone anywhere but outside the building, or you will be fired immediately. You'll eventually be fired anyway, because, oddly, that seems to be the company goal.

Lighten up, take audits on a case-by-case basis, and understand that agents are human, not 'bots. THINK about how you treat people.

My tenure here has not been a positive experience.

I have been working at CareCore National

Pros

Work from home. The mentoring program is pretty good. I don't have to spend money on gas or deal with traffic.

Cons

Work from home but am still expected to follow a dress code. Completely scripted calls but the scripts don't always fit the scenario. You are micromanaged to death. The pay is ridiculously low. It has not ben a good experience.

Please realize that your clinical reviewers are for the most part experienced professionals. Monitor productivity and don't make us feel like we are being spied on. This company from day one of orientation made my whole class feel like we were idiotic children not to be trusted.

The experts at giving the sunshine enema to employees

Current Employee - Non-Clinical Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Non-Clinical Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CareCore National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In the office I work at the people are very friendly and are willing to let you grow and get promotions.

Cons

The pay is a joke compared to what you can get elsewhere. You will have every second of your time accounted for and discussed with a supervisor - and yes, they will micromanage your bathroom breaks and determine if you are taking too long no matter if you are only taking 30 calls a day or taking over 120 even with your bathroom breaks. The company bends over backwards to cater to every health plan they are contracted with, so also expect about a million different ways to say one thing depending on what health plan you are working with on that call. Oh, and you forget a word in that script or change one? Guess what, you failed your audit for that call. They penalize you for dead air even if it lasts for less than 10 seconds. You are constantly having computer and system issues but are not allowed to mention it to callers. Instead, you must aggravate them by saying every (literally!) 5-6 seconds "I apologize for the wait" or "Thank you for your patience". There office is overflowing with people and instead of buying a new building that is desperately needed, they would rather force people to go remote. Good luck trying to get a day off to do anything, whether its an emergency or not. I knew someone I worked with who ended up quitting because they were written up for a final warning due to her going to the ER with heart problems while in the 90 day period of employment. Expect to see frustrated patients, archaic systems, and realize that as a non-clinical representative your ability to help these patients with anything is a joke. Honestly, you're there as a meat shield for the rest of the company. This place isn't a lost cause. It's still one of the better places I've worked. But as in the title, they are all about the sunshine enema. They don't have problems here, they have "opportunities". You are constantly told that everything is amazing and great when in fact they are more blind to their issues than you can possibly believe. As for benefits, the insurance under UHC is a joke. Expect to have a $4,000 deductible, massive co-pays and for most of us, high pharmaceutical bills. Just for reference as a health male between the ages of 18-35, my prescriptions cost roughly $180 a month - after I met the deductible of course.

Please stop micromanaging us. If we are taking more calls than the average person, why does it matter if we take an extra five minutes in the bathroom more than the allotted ten? In addition, if some of us have relevant call center or medical experience or education, please pay us more fairly. This is not a first job for most of us, and we are not teenagers who live at home and get a free ride. Most of us have families to support. If our performance, education, and experience exceed the average, we should be compensated for it. In addition, as a health care company, you really need to provide us with better medical insurance coverage. I would gladly pay a higher monthly premium to get rid of what we have now. Also, please stop making excuses Mr. Arlotta and lease a new building for the Colorado location. I have seen new people come in who are still stuck in the training lab due to no space being available anywhere. Trust me, after watching you brag during your key-note speeches about how well this company is doing and how many new companies we have acquired and health plans we work with, I know you have the money to provide us an adequate facility.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CareCore National full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance. Positive work environment.

Cons

Salary is lower than average.

Continue to work hard and develop the company. Re invest in employees