CareCore National

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Arlotta

Claims research

claims research rep (Current Employee)
    Bluffton, SC

ProsWork from home, great benefits and pay! I love working for CareCore. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement.

ConsHonestly surprised to see so many bad reviews. It is a job and you have responsibilities. Fast paced environment.

A wonderful place to work!

Intake Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsThe hours are wonderful, and you get weekends off. Everyone I've met so far has been incredibly kind and helpful, extremely positive environment. They also have very reasonable expectations for their employees. This is an excellent company to work for and I am so happy to have a job here.

ConsNone. It's a call center job, so it's expected you'll be on the phones all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing wonderfully!

Disappointed

Clinical Reviewer- Remote (Current Employee)
    Bluffton, SC

ProsI get to work from home which helps commute costs.

Consscheduling is difficult. Can never get the time off when needed unless asking months in advance. Basically, have to threaten quitting to get approved if it is that important to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees more as they are what keeps the company afloat.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Repetitive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStable, work from home, good pay, benefitted

Consrepetitive, dealing with angry providers, pressure to meet goals

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

"Nepotism at it's finest"

(Former Employee)
    Bluffton, SC

ProsMet some truly nice people.

ConsI used to think this company sets you up to fail however they actually set you up to never succeed.

Management - people are in positions that they have no previous experience in. If you grew up with the COO, your kids go to school with his kids or your parents are friends with him you will certainly remained employed. Even when every manager in the company does not want to work with you as long as you smile and say "Yes Sir" to the COO he will find a job for you. He will fire people just to find a spot for you.

Human Resources - one of the biggest problems with this company begins in HR. They do not follow common industry policies and procedures. They are so afraid of being sued that they cave into employees out of fear instead of doing what is right. Good qualified people are fired with no warning or reason. It says a lot when an HR personal say they are letting you go and then when they walk you out of the building they are saying sorry and crying.

Training - There are a few very dedicated and enthusiastic trainers willing to assist the call center agents. If you are hired into a non call center position you will be on your own. You are expected to learn things on your own or look it up on SharePoint. You are provided half of the information that is needed to do your job effectively.

Health Benefits - for a health care company they are the worst. Astronomical deductibles that they blame on the employees because instead of going to the doctor it is actually cheaper to go to the emergency room.

I've seen some really good qualified people walk out the door because of how this company is run on a good ole boys club mentality. I would never recommend this company to an enemy much less a friend. If you want to just collect a paycheck and work like a robot then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is the point. They will not listen or make the changes necessary to run a successful business with happy employees.

Assembly line nursing.

Nurse Clinical Reviewer (Former Employee)
    Bluffton, SC

ProsWork at home after training.

ConsThreatening environment. Generally unhappy employees. People leave as fast as they are hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementStressed-out management. They are always critical. Never have a positive or supportive comment.

VERY DISRESPECTFUL COMPANY

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork from home, work from home.

ConsDegrading oversight, ultra critical senior management , Thankless job, Cheap company,

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make promises you can not keep, don't follow the almighty dollar sign and let insurance companies trample over you and make ridiculous demands. Respect your employees

Recharged and refreshed

Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee)
    Bluffton, SC

ProsI have been with the company for 4 years .I have seen ups and downs. I was ready to quit, supervisors are nasty, callers hateful. I have gone through several supervisor changes.Lots of favoritism and Good Ole Girl Network. My choice to quit changed when I got assigned to my new manager. She changed my outlook on the company and really has rallied my faith in the company. Her enthusiasm and support, as well as J Arlotta's priorities has refreshed the air . My questions are answered in under 2 minutes, I'm not afraid to make suggestions, and they really mean open door now. Some of the nasty supervisors aren't here anymore.No more nasty good ole girlgossip. a few of the ones in other states are unpleasant but I am very happy and content. My former supervisor blew me off all the time. My new one actually stayed late and spent 2 hours with me on the phone showing me how to better use our new phones and computer. No matter how busy ,always makes time for us. My cases are higher and my audits higher. I am much more confident. I have learned so much . this is why I stayed. This change in leadership and I get to work in my pjs. some of the reviews here are deserved. in the past, this place was hell. but if you work hard, and are lucky enough to move to a special team, like I did, life is not so bad.

ConsMonet , ugly callers, and help desk , paychecks. we were not paid 2 holidays in a row , they fixed it later but still, that was awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew help desk people. the ones now don't listen and talk to you like you're dumb. New accounting. Who ever does is now is horrible. Hire more people like my boss. People that really give a crap, listen and are available. Get rid of the trash, nasty supervisors and managers. The new "shift"in leadership was a good start. Raise peoples income a bit. come on, the company makes billions , youcan afford to pay us more.

Please think twice about accepting a job here.

Former Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsThe first month or two are great. They will give you a sales pitch about what a great company it is, and how exciting it is to work for a growing organization!

ConsThat facade doesn't last long. Terrible, terrible corporate culture based on fear and negativity.

If you are considering a job here as a salaried person please realize that you will be expected to work excessive hours because this company is all about bare bones staffing in every department. If you are hired to be on the phones, expect to have every minute of your time (right down to your bathroom breaks) micromanaged.

This wouldn't be so bad if people were recognized for their contribution - either verbally or financially - but they aren't. They are starting to make payroll "mistakes" where everyone's checks have been late or short (or both). People are speculating that the company is starting to struggle financially.

The health insurance is so terrible it is embarrassing. Expect to pay $200-$400 per month if you insure your children - for a plan that covers nothing outside of preventative. If you actually need to use the insurance, it is a $4k deductible with an $8k out of pocket maximum. HR is insulting in it's propaganda about how great the benefits are and how much the company cares about it's employees. They don't seem to realize that everyone sees right through it.

If you have experience in the health care industry or in a call center - you can do better elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting management from within. Either that - or give them proper training to do their jobs. Quit rewarding senior management for behaving badly and treating people poorly. Stop pretending to care about your employees and just treat them with courtesy and respect.

Worst Place Ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe building is very nice.

ConsExtremely unprofessional. You are left completely on your own and set up for failure. Expected to work all sorts of ridiculous hours based on people who have no life and would rather be at work than go home. Worse thing I ever did was take a job there and the best thing I ever did was to leave. I would rather bag groceries in the supermarket than work there but thank God I immediately got a new job with people who appreciate and respect my work. Good riddance CareCore!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother - it's a waste of time.

Worked for CareCore National? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareCore National reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareCore National CEO John Arlotta. All 44 reviews posted anonymously by CareCore National employees.