CareFusion

CareFusion Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue

Kieran Gallahue

Pros:
  • "Good Benefits and PTO (19 days off but you rarely get other holidays off)"
    in 33 reviews
  • "This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Extreme poor and inexperienced middle level management.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsVP's and above management are very innovative, futuristic and willing to grow the company.

ConsMiddle layer management is very poor. They want to criticize others and point out the obstacle, rather try to solve it. They try to show off their credit by criticize junior. Stop to build more leaders to keep job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers performance should determine by taking feedback from employee, not from their weekly summery.

Run for the hills

Reston, VA

ProsCasual work environment, fair pay, good location and comfortable office.

ConsIt's unfortunate that there is little collaboration, trust or respect in the office. Managers dictate and micromanage minute details of everyday work or how things should be done. Employees are not able to speak up or offer improvement suggestions. Managers and senior staff are often rude and condescending to other soft spoken employees. They also have little patience and tolerance for anything that is not done their exact way or if people need further assistance understand something. Communication is very poor between the office. Managers believe they have explained a topic enough but do a pretty terrible job of conveying the information in a way where the rest of the technical team can understand. When technical team asks questions management replies with snarky comments and offers little assistance. They are often annoyed that the technical team did not immediately understand something that is apparent to others. There are too many managers and competing priorities and constant power struggles between managers. This is apparent during meetings as they tend to high jack other meetings or talk over one another without work getting done. The entire office feels like like several different teams fighting one another instead of working together for a common goal. No one wants to help anyone else. It's no wonder the office gets smaller and smaller by the day. I wouldn't be surprised if this office was completely gone by the end of this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to improvement suggestion. Hire smart or staff smart. Management should be staffed with experts in their field not former nurses. Former nurses should be consultants and offer occasional expert opinion expert clinical background. They should not be leading efforts in testing or requirements gathering as they have no formal training or experience. Learn to communicate better with less animosity towards other teams. Have patience with others when explaining new information. Not everyone understands and you need to be patient enough to explain it to others. Learn how to work well with others, do not dictate what you want but listen to suggestions and have an open mind to change. Be more available to team members. There is no time set aside for anything else other than high level meetings with other managers. Trust others to do their work and learn to delegate. Micromanaging helps no one. When others ask questions take the time to show them instead of giving condescending and useless answers that help no one.

Good idea but execution is everything

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsStrong brands such as Alaris, Pyxix. Someone who left the company told me there was life after Carefusion; I didn't know what they meant at the time. HA- LOL, now I do and it's great.

ConsCulture, communication. Great coworkers but management needs a leadership lesson. The best part about not working for this company anymore (well, second to the best part) is not having to hear customers refer to it as Confusion anymore.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked for 3 years in IT Operations.

SAP Consultant (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsWork Environment and Pay was not great but good. Overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, helpful and were good. Allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. Good business community.

ConsNo motivation whatsoever you get from Manager. Manager does not trust her team instead likes contractors. I think encouraging good work is a way to boost the employee's morale. Supportive work environment is essential for an employee to make significant contributions to the company. In my case, unfortunately, that lacked and left me no choice but to quit my job, although I loved the technical aspect of it. Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns. Huge employee turnover in this IT team compared to any other IT teams (Total 10 people left under this manager and 4 people in last four months).

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work "Except" in IT Operation Team. Advice to management - stop employee turnover in this team.

Strategic Sourcing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThe pay was good, not great but good - overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, relationships were good. I had a lot of autonomy to do my job, which I like. I got to lead some great projects that allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. I was fortunate to be working on a diverse team/dept, although not all parts of the organization are like this. Some of the executives I had a chance to work with are great individuals - funny and caring. The organization also has Employee Resource Groups which is great so you can feel a part of something and meet others outside your direct dept/team - make sure to take advantage of these.

ConsWorkload is heavy, although there are brief moments of peace. High pressure position, definitely stressful (especially at fiscal year end). Policies and procedures need to be revamped for greater efficiency and to match industry best practices. I didn't like some of the business decisions made that negatively impacted the employee population (including temp workers). I understand bottom line is important, but people are important too. Constant RIF's. For those that have been with the organization for a while, stop saying "that's just how we do things" since obviously not everything being done is exactly working well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as people, not objects. Look at the market, some of the most successful companies are the ones taking care of their employees (at all levels).

OK but not great; employees treated as commodities.

ProsDecent compensation, environment, good vacation policy.

ConsPoor management, poor career development. Recent cuts to benefits, other management moves that show employees are not valued as individuals.

Good Company to work

Software Engineer Inter (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsPersonal growth is fairly good with some good areas for opportunities in SW development

ConsOffice culture could be more merrier as you might end up getting bored sitting in cube all day

Incompetent and rude Middle Management

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsNice Compensation, PTOs, San Diego weather,

ConsYou need to puppet, carry out tasks assigned by managers but not allowed to ask any questions.
    Very arrogant and rule middle management, they pitch themselves expert of everything.
    Very depressing environment.
    Micro Management- You need ti give status/ or 5 people will advising you how to carryout your tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up fire incompetent managers, this place will be much better to work for.

Field

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood working conditions, pay and benefits.

ConsManagement adds stress to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the employee do the job without micro managing them.

field tech

Field Service Technician (Former Employee)

Prosa lot of freedom. ..but LOTS of OT if you want it.

Consupper mgmt. has no clue. I have never seen a company that does re-orgs EVERY year since they spun off of Cardinal about 5 years ago. also usually layoffs every year.
    NO hands on training other than when you first start. any changes or product knowledge and field techs are expected to learn on their own. which means all techs have different knowledge level of new or changing products.
    if you call tech support for help its a crap shoot as to experience level of person you get to help. very frustrating.

Advice to Senior Managementmake a plan and stick to it.

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareFusion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareFusion CEO Kieran Gallahue. All 345 reviews posted anonymously by CareFusion employees.