CareFusion

CareFusion Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue

Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits all the years that I was employed there(in 33 reviews)

• This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service(in 15 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns(in 19 reviews)

Field

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood working conditions, pay and benefits.

ConsManagement adds stress to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the employee do the job without micro managing them.

field tech

Field Service Technician (Former Employee)

Prosa lot of freedom. ..but LOTS of OT if you want it.

Consupper mgmt. has no clue. I have never seen a company that does re-orgs EVERY year since they spun off of Cardinal about 5 years ago. also usually layoffs every year.
    NO hands on training other than when you first start. any changes or product knowledge and field techs are expected to learn on their own. which means all techs have different knowledge level of new or changing products.
    if you call tech support for help its a crap shoot as to experience level of person you get to help. very frustrating.

Advice to Senior Managementmake a plan and stick to it.

Outsource, then chew up badged employees. Hire incompetence for the upper levels.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood salary plus bonuses. Nice campus.
    Decent stock / 401K options.
    Some good people in the trenches to work with.

ConsIncompetent middle and upper management who bring in their own useless cronies.
    Directors let their petty tiffs impact projects and functionality.
    Everyone tries to claim credit for the good things and place blame for the bad. Nobody willing to accept responsibility for their decisions.
    Run you into the ground working after hours, nights, weekends.
    Talk about culture, but don't actually live it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out the useless twits you have in IT. Replace them.

Until you can treat all your employees with respect, you won't be able to keep anyone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long Term Employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsBenefits in terms of salary, PTO were excellent;
    Medical, Dental, Vision good;
    Intelligent and caring co-workers and teammates

ConsNeeded to beg for additional training on a yearly basis;
    Project priorities changed on an almost daily basis;
    Inadequate software test, technical writing, requirements resources;
    Continual micro and macro re-alignment based on stockholder perceptions (focus on short term gains not on long term goals)
    Low employee morale

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that employees are the most important asset to achieve long term goals therefore keeping true to cultural & company values is key to CareFusion's long term success.

Management team leaves much to be desired

Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood benefits, day-to-day work culture is trending up (some of the improvements put in place earlier are coming to fruition)

ConsManagement team is weak, mostly due to reporting structure being in a constant state of flux. There are reorgs for reorgs, and the company can't seem to find a hierarchy it likes. Senior management seem to prefer their direct reports to be spineless yes-people.

Great Company, Sad to Leave

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsGreat products, life-saving products to believe in, a company where you can really help people and be proud of the work you are doing

ConsManagement makes bad choices, IT dept was less than stellar

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have a good thing going, like a crack team, don't dissolve their entire office just because it's not in the ideal location. That hurt your company and the people you laid off for no reason.

Easy, no growth job for inside sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-good salary
    -easy sales
    -good bonuses
    -good benefits

Cons-no control of territory
    -poor management
    big brother mentality office

Great people to work with.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Vernon Hills, IL

ProsPay is more than adequate

ConsPromotions are few and far in between

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more from within

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company, great people

ProsGreat people
    Decent Culture
    Good healthcare options

ConsDemanding workload
    Yearly re-orgs (lay offs)

Great people, great products

ProsThe people are great. Many people in my department have been working together for 5+ years, and the continuity makes the job enjoyable and streamlines getting things done.

ConsWith a relatively flat organization, it's difficult to advance, and management doesn't seem interested in creating new or different types of roles to take advantage of the skills of high performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on people development. It costs a lot more to train new employees than to tailor opportunities for current employees.

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!