CareFusion

CareFusion Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue

Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits all the years that I was employed there (in 33 reviews)

• This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service (in 15 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Trying to be a great company

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGood culture, great work life balance, portfolio of products, great PTO, immediate management was always very pro sales team- despite ongoing compensation issues, I'd still recommend - Great customer care support teams backing up sales

ConsMid level management is sluggish to respond to changing market; compensation plans were consistently delivered several months into the fiscal year, and often failed to deliver as promised. Some 'frat' culture, and favoritism, but probably not more than any other company.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper managenet should listen to regional managers, who typically have an excellent grasp on issues

Great place to work

Senior Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsPaid travel to your different job sites. Good working environment.

ConsLots of travel because of the clientele's location

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Overall positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent paid time off and benefits package. Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely. Training provided and the ability to attend industry trade shows.

ConsI did not approve of the morals and values of the employees at the corporate office in San Diego. There was a lot of questionable practices and inappropriate sexual advances among management. I was constantly having to travel to meet unrealistic deadlines and goals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall a good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosa lot of benefits; regular work time.

Consless opportunity for personal growing.

Absolute lack of direction from the top.

TSR/SLIDER/CASE WORKER (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros-higher than average pay
    -can accumulate PTO time very quickly
    -mostly flexible schedule
    -Co-workers are great for OJT

Cons-constant pressure to perform
    -middle management has no clue about products or flow
    -lack of direction from constantly changing upper management
    -standards and requirements change on a whim

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the clouds and focus on the real problems not imaginary issues.

Very little motivated

ProsIf you like sunny San Diego weather this is one of those companies.
    Heaven for consultants.

ConsWe don't feel the presence of HR in this company. The only interaction with HR is workday.
    Performance reviews are done just for name sake. Managers have their own standards and views in rating their employees. No uniform standards across teams in recognizing talent and hardworking. Senior managers do not show any interest in interacting or taking to employees under their managers. No skip level meetings.
    Managers do not encourage full time employees to participate in crucial projects and contribute. In a way the managers do not allow employees to grow in the company. Outside consultants do projects and full time employees slog late hours in fixing the production issues after project go live. No scope for improving skills as there is no training budget always. I see there is no trust among people or teams. We work in a hostile environment. Lot of meaningless documentation and change control procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease talk to every body in your team. Know your team. Take outside help in devising effective review and recognition process.
    Get feedback on you managers from all sides.

Challenging

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsWork life balance
    Compensation
    Location (in San Diego)
    Has potential

ConsLacking innovation. Most people does not welcome change - stuck in " this is how we've done it in the past"

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow those people with knowledge to lead and remove those who are just obstacles

Awesome

Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsLimited supervision, great place to work, team oriented

ConsContract to hire with limited full time positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring contractors with many years experience working with the company.

work getting slower

Assembly (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

Prospay, people, benefits ,lunches, location

Consoverall moral how long can this go before they shut the doors on us and move it to Calif

I gained valuable experience in multiple business segments.

Customer Advocacy Analyst (Former Employee) Vernon Hills, IL

ProsFun atmosphere, the latest technology at your finger tips, and frequent advancement opportunities.

ConsMinimalist training, No Stock options, multiple hiring freezes, and annual travel restrictions.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would develop an interactive training program for every business that supports Procedural Solutions. The training is one of the main issues current and former employees have with CareFusion which in my opinion is the reason for slower response time.

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!