CareFusion

CareFusion Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue

Kieran Gallahue

Pros:
  • "Good Benefits and PTO (19 days off but you rarely get other holidays off)"
    in 33 reviews
  • "This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Overall a good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosa lot of benefits; regular work time.

Consless opportunity for personal growing.

Challenging

ProsWork life balance
    Compensation
    Location (in San Diego)
    Has potential

ConsLacking innovation. Most people does not welcome change - stuck in " this is how we've done it in the past"

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow those people with knowledge to lead and remove those who are just obstacles

Awesome

Field Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsLimited supervision, great place to work, team oriented

ConsContract to hire with limited full time positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring contractors with many years experience working with the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

work getting slower

Assembly (Current Employee)
    Plymouth, MN

Prospay, people, benefits ,lunches, location

Consoverall moral how long can this go before they shut the doors on us and move it to Calif

I gained valuable experience in multiple business segments.

Customer Advocacy Analyst (Former Employee)
    Vernon Hills, IL

ProsFun atmosphere, the latest technology at your finger tips, and frequent advancement opportunities.

ConsMinimalist training, No Stock options, multiple hiring freezes, and annual travel restrictions.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would develop an interactive training program for every business that supports Procedural Solutions. The training is one of the main issues current and former employees have with CareFusion which in my opinion is the reason for slower response time.

CareFusion Review

Product/Market Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsGood place to work, good people

ConsRigid structure, hard to make things happen, risk averse culture

Absolute lack of direction from the top.

TSR/SLIDER/CASE WORKER (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

Pros-higher than average pay
    -can accumulate PTO time very quickly
    -mostly flexible schedule
    -Co-workers are great for OJT

Cons-constant pressure to perform
    -middle management has no clue about products or flow
    -lack of direction from constantly changing upper management
    -standards and requirements change on a whim

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the clouds and focus on the real problems not imaginary issues.

Very little motivated

ProsIf you like sunny San Diego weather this is one of those companies.
    Heaven for consultants.

ConsWe don't feel the presence of HR in this company. The only interaction with HR is workday.
    Performance reviews are done just for name sake. Managers have their own standards and views in rating their employees. No uniform standards across teams in recognizing talent and hardworking. Senior managers do not show any interest in interacting or taking to employees under their managers. No skip level meetings.
    Managers do not encourage full time employees to participate in crucial projects and contribute. In a way the managers do not allow employees to grow in the company. Outside consultants do projects and full time employees slog late hours in fixing the production issues after project go live. No scope for improving skills as there is no training budget always. I see there is no trust among people or teams. We work in a hostile environment. Lot of meaningless documentation and change control procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease talk to every body in your team. Know your team. Take outside help in devising effective review and recognition process.
    Get feedback on you managers from all sides.

Upper management has no idea as to how things are being run

ProsHard to say pros as it is very deceiving. What sounds good up front about PTO and other benefits is hidden behind some really small print and exceptions. Everything is for CareFusion benefit and not the employee. Lay-offs are quite regular. Middle management lacks experience and professionalism.

ConsMany Directors and Managers have been placed into their positions without the experience and training necessary; because of this, they are very suspicious of everyone working around them. They take micro-managing to a whole new level while at the same time, treat everyone in very insulting and condescending ways. The group is too tight and won't allow star performers to excel or speak with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter listening to upper management speeches and then speaking with the directors and managers who take it back to the employees, I have often wondered if they work at the same company. What is told and what is practiced is two totally different stories. Ethics are very questionable with regards to authorship of reports and business practices; the tight group justifies excessive traveling for their own gain (membership points).

Worst place in San Diego to work!

San Diego, CA

ProsThe founders of the company were very people focused and the products made by this company are life saving devices the. But the new management is very profit focused not people below the C suite focused, and the typical MO is to acquire a company and then move operations to Mexico focused leaving many US employees without a job.

ConsHR management is terrible and out of touch. Multiple departments have gone through almost 100% turnover within the past 2 years including compensation, recruiting and employee relations. If you are in HR this is the last company you want to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership in Human Resources is weak, open your eyes to the problems!

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareFusion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareFusion CEO Kieran Gallahue. All 345 reviews posted anonymously by CareFusion employees.