CareFusion

Updated February 25, 2015
2.8

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available (in 21 reviews)

• Good Benefits and PTO (19 days off but you rarely get other holidays off) (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service (in 17 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

G

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good products to sell and good R and D

Cons

Poor leadership. Very arrogant they think they are better than everyone else

CarelessFusion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This was a great company during the Alaris years.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for!
    Continuous downsizing in small numbers so the shareholders and investors are unaware of the company's instability. Firing starts with all the managers followed by the directors, soon entire floors are empty and we are left doing the work of 5 people so no work/life balance as claimed. Mission statement,: Careless Fusion.. use the few remaining and dump the rest. Everyone is treated like a number, even after giving over 10 years to this company, you get layed off without warning or you never know who's next! This is the worst company ever!

Non, they don't care, especially CEO Kieran Gallahue, the Corporate raider!

Field Service Engineer

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent client base, wonderful employees to work with,

Cons

Unqualified management, unable to make any decisions, only out for themselves at the cost of the company and employee's. No work/life balance

Clean up your organization, get rid of the dead weight, your best performers and talent are gone now

Good place to work. Nice enviroment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and flexible work hours. Supports a nice balance between work and home. Promotes personal growth within the company.

Cons

Still experience growing pains after splitting from Cardinal Health. Problems with melding the two cultures of the Infusion and Dispensing sides of the business.

Pay better attention to what the employee surveys are really telling you

good company with some gaps

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

genuinely strives to create a great culture. get to work with some truly talented people

Cons

still has spots of legacy culture of silos and turf battle.

keep doing the things you guys are doing!

Would be great if the fragments united.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people on my team and my direct manager are energetic, innovative, and dedicated (not just biased). I could not wish for a better group, unless there were just two of each of them (which we could use in our department).

Cons

Leadership is all over the place, leaving everyone confused as to our true objectives as a company. Simply repeating CareFusion's taglines and canned objectives at a town hall does NOT align your leadership. Making decisions primarily as independent business segments (contrary to what they SAY, which is that all businesses are aligned), results in CareFusion as a whole taking two steps forward and four steps back, while losing valuable, frustrated people and decreasing reputation along the way.

Additionally, I believe this splintering and lack of accountability leads to an "everyman for himself/herself" attitude, resulting in a lot (I mean a LOT) of backstabbing, passing the buck, and intentional roadblocking in the name of self-interest. This does not breed a motivating and innovative environment, rather it sucks the life out of you, making it difficult to feel excited for your own contribution and place in the machine.

The BD merger offers an opportunity to start with a clean(er) slate - to become a more cohesive and unified company - in process, leadership message and actions, and in our goals. Pay attention to what is happening at your company - consider focusing elsewhere than at high levels, because your foundation for success resides with everyone at this company besides you.

I hope leaders will now take the time to communicate in a genuine manner, without glossing over gaps as usual - just face the issues and fix them as a UNIFIED company with aligned decision-makers who look beyond their own interests and can manage long-term strategic thinking.

Analyst Product Implementation, Ap Specialist

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Morphine drip like salary, pay a bit better than Pharm Tech

Cons

90% or more traveling not 50%-75%. No team work, no office, you're home dealing with lazy manager and project managers who have no clue what going on.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion

Pros

Friendly people, abundant opportunities for growth and development

Cons

High turnover rate and executive management could be more transparent

Good benefits, poor work-life balance

Former Employee - Consultant in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at CareFusion

Pros

Benefits were very good; pay was adequate. Most of the co-workers were great people and skilled in their areas of expertise except for managers.

Cons

Some departments overworked their staff, causing burn out and frequent employee turnover. Management not responsive to employee needs.

Level 1 Call Center

Former Intern - Technical Support Call Center in Quebec, QC (Canada)
    Former Intern - Technical Support Call Center in Quebec, QC (Canada)

I worked at CareFusion as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits immediately on hire. Friendly supervisors who are helpful and supportive. Training was structured well. Good growth potential and frequent opportunities.

Cons

Not so convienent hourly schedules / shift work. New hires get stuck with the weekend and late night off-hour shifts. Strict occurrence policy. Very large call centers all managing worldwide tech support, having to clean-up poor previous responses or incomplete calls (provided from other colleagues). Many long term employees appear to be committed to working the minimum, without regard to the customer and negative impact to their own colleagues. My CareFusion division (hospital / dispensing equipment ) was sold to BD Canada late 2014, major changes and reorganization and relocations to Malaysia call centers underway through 2016. Retention packages offered, but will only paid at the end of the set/ contract period - yet no guarantee that you wouldn't be downsized before they had to pay out the retention period?

Improve SAP tools, focus on supporting new hires and integrating new hires into all shifts. Stop pushing down the few good new faces you can recruit. For the new BD management, Who benefits with a "retention package" structured like yours?

CareFusion Photos