CareFusion Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
2.7

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits all the years that I was employed there (in 33 reviews)

• This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service (in 15 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst place in San Diego to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The founders of the company were very people focused and the products made by this company are life saving devices the. But the new management is very profit focused not people below the C suite focused, and the typical MO is to acquire a company and then move operations to Mexico focused leaving many US employees without a job.

Cons

HR management is terrible and out of touch. Multiple departments have gone through almost 100% turnover within the past 2 years including compensation, recruiting and employee relations. If you are in HR this is the last company you want to work for.

Leadership in Human Resources is weak, open your eyes to the problems!

Upper management has no idea as to how things are being run

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hard to say pros as it is very deceiving. What sounds good up front about PTO and other benefits is hidden behind some really small print and exceptions. Everything is for CareFusion benefit and not the employee. Lay-offs are quite regular. Middle management lacks experience and professionalism.

Cons

Many Directors and Managers have been placed into their positions without the experience and training necessary; because of this, they are very suspicious of everyone working around them. They take micro-managing to a whole new level while at the same time, treat everyone in very insulting and condescending ways. The group is too tight and won't allow star performers to excel or speak with management.

After listening to upper management speeches and then speaking with the directors and managers who take it back to the employees, I have often wondered if they work at the same company. What is told and what is practiced is two totally different stories. Ethics are very questionable with regards to authorship of reports and business practices; the tight group justifies excessive traveling for their own gain (membership points).

Good idea but execution is everything

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong brands such as Alaris, Pyxix. Someone who left the company told me there was life after Carefusion; I didn't know what they meant at the time. HA- LOL, now I do and it's great.

Cons

Culture, communication. Great coworkers but management needs a leadership lesson. The best part about not working for this company anymore (well, second to the best part) is not having to hear customers refer to it as Confusion anymore.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked for 3 years in IT Operations.

Former Employee - SAP Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Environment and Pay was not great but good. Overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, helpful and were good. Allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. Good business community.

Cons

No motivation whatsoever you get from Manager. Manager does not trust her team instead likes contractors. I think encouraging good work is a way to boost the employee's morale. Supportive work environment is essential for an employee to make significant contributions to the company. In my case, unfortunately, that lacked and left me no choice but to quit my job, although I loved the technical aspect of it. Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns. Huge employee turnover in this IT team compared to any other IT teams (Total 10 people left under this manager and 4 people in last four months).

Great place to work "Except" in IT Operation Team. Advice to management - stop employee turnover in this team.

OK but not great; employees treated as commodities.

I have been working at CareFusion

Pros

Decent compensation, environment, good vacation policy.

Cons

Poor management, poor career development. Recent cuts to benefits, other management moves that show employees are not valued as individuals.

Strategic Sourcing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was good, not great but good - overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, relationships were good. I had a lot of autonomy to do my job, which I like. I got to lead some great projects that allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. I was fortunate to be working on a diverse team/dept, although not all parts of the organization are like this. Some of the executives I had a chance to work with are great individuals - funny and caring. The organization also has Employee Resource Groups which is great so you can feel a part of something and meet others outside your direct dept/team - make sure to take advantage of these.

Cons

Workload is heavy, although there are brief moments of peace. High pressure position, definitely stressful (especially at fiscal year end). Policies and procedures need to be revamped for greater efficiency and to match industry best practices. I didn't like some of the business decisions made that negatively impacted the employee population (including temp workers). I understand bottom line is important, but people are important too. Constant RIF's. For those that have been with the organization for a while, stop saying "that's just how we do things" since obviously not everything being done is exactly working well.

Treat your employees as people, not objects. Look at the market, some of the most successful companies are the ones taking care of their employees (at all levels).

Extreme poor and inexperienced middle level management.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

VP's and above management are very innovative, futuristic and willing to grow the company.

Cons

Middle layer management is very poor. They want to criticize others and point out the obstacle, rather try to solve it. They try to show off their credit by criticize junior. Stop to build more leaders to keep job security.

Managers performance should determine by taking feedback from employee, not from their weekly summery.

Run for the hills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Casual work environment, fair pay, good location and comfortable office.

Cons

It's unfortunate that there is little collaboration, trust or respect in the office. Managers dictate and micromanage minute details of everyday work or how things should be done. Employees are not able to speak up or offer improvement suggestions. Managers and senior staff are often rude and condescending to other soft spoken employees. They also have little patience and tolerance for anything that is not done their exact way or if people need further assistance understand something. Communication is very poor between the office. Managers believe they have explained a topic enough but do a pretty terrible job of conveying the information in a way where the rest of the technical team can understand. When technical team asks questions management replies with snarky comments and offers little assistance. They are often annoyed that the technical team did not immediately understand something that is apparent to others. There are too many managers and competing priorities and constant power struggles between managers. This is apparent during meetings as they tend to high jack other meetings or talk over one another without work getting done. The entire office feels like like several different teams fighting one another instead of working together for a common goal. No one wants to help anyone else. It's no wonder the office gets smaller and smaller by the day. I wouldn't be surprised if this office was completely gone by the end of this year.

Be open to improvement suggestion. Hire smart or staff smart. Management should be staffed with experts in their field not former nurses. Former nurses should be consultants and offer occasional expert opinion expert clinical background. They should not be leading efforts in testing or requirements gathering as they have no formal training or experience. Learn to communicate better with less animosity towards other teams. Have patience with others when explaining new information. Not everyone understands and you need to be patient enough to explain it to others. Learn how to work well with others, do not dictate what you want but listen to suggestions and have an open mind to change. Be more available to team members. There is no time set aside for anything else other than high level meetings with other managers. Trust others to do their work and learn to delegate. Micromanaging helps no one. When others ask questions take the time to show them instead of giving condescending and useless answers that help no one.

Good Company to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer Inter  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Inter in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Personal growth is fairly good with some good areas for opportunities in SW development

Cons

Office culture could be more merrier as you might end up getting bored sitting in cube all day

Incompetent and rude Middle Management

Current Employee - Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice Compensation, PTOs, San Diego weather,

Cons

You need to puppet, carry out tasks assigned by managers but not allowed to ask any questions.
    Very arrogant and rule middle management, they pitch themselves expert of everything.
    Very depressing environment.
    Micro Management- You need ti give status/ or 5 people will advising you how to carryout your tasks.

Wake up fire incompetent managers, this place will be much better to work for.

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!