CareFusion

CareFusion Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue

Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits all the years that I was employed there (in 33 reviews)

• This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service (in 15 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to grow and learn about closed loop medication management

Product Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsGood thought leaders throughout the organization

ConsTendency to stay inside the lines

Advice to Senior ManagementMake one business unit for specific functions o gain better access and execution of the great ideas.

Long Term Employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsBenefits in terms of salary, PTO were excellent;
    Medical, Dental, Vision good;
    Intelligent and caring co-workers and teammates

ConsNeeded to beg for additional training on a yearly basis;
    Project priorities changed on an almost daily basis;
    Inadequate software test, technical writing, requirements resources;
    Continual micro and macro re-alignment based on stockholder perceptions (focus on short term gains not on long term goals)
    Low employee morale

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that employees are the most important asset to achieve long term goals therefore keeping true to cultural & company values is key to CareFusion's long term success.

FPA Department

NOt Telling You (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsYou get to learn a lot. There are a few good Directors in FPA.

There are A LOT of promotions at this company because

A) there is a lot of favoritism

B) The churn rate is ridiculously high

ConsPoor management, overburdening work schedule, long hours with no overtime pay (could be against US Labor Laws).

Managers come down on employees at times and treat them like crap. Don't expect management to be grateful for working superfluous hours, you are just doing 'status quo'

Extremely confusing matrix organization

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of managers are not ready to be managers at this company. Teach managers proper management skills. CareFusion has the worst mid-level management I've seen in my career. A manager should display proven leadership before becoming a manager not be a suck up/'teachers pet'.

Training is non existent, misallocation of work, confusing matrix work organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Micromanagement at its finest

Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros-pay is good... Could be better.
    -casual dress
    -other employees are fantastic....it's the Supervisors and Managers that have lost their minds

Cons-MOST of the supervisory staff knows nothing of the products we support and so are unable to gauge what their employees need to get the job done.
    -The tech center has Supervisors and Managers running up and down the aisles telling people to take calls - very unnerving
    -Constant micromanagement...."What are you working on?" "Can I help you with something?"

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making crazy business decisions on a whim. Educate the supervisors so they know about the products - being a supervisor in a call center is not the same as being a supervisor in a tech call center.

Treat people the way you would like to be treated. Lead by example.

Culture Change

ProsGreat products, great quality, customer driven

Conswork culture is becomeing worse and worse

Great products - market leader

Senior QE (Current Employee) Rancho San Diego, CA

ProsGreat products, market leader in almostall product segments

ConsNo understanding of product development. Eventually competition will catch up.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook very closely at R&Ds performance, things are not going well.

I have learned a lot.

ProsThe executives are making a big investment in R&D.

ConsThere are a lot of levels of employees and it is very political.

This job will own you and try to destroy you and your family, if you let it.

NOt Telling You (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFull-time work with varying degrees of overtime. PTO accrual. Benefits exist. Better than flipping burgers.

ConsYour boss's honest is measured in micro-meters. Be on your guard, always.

You are a cog in a corporate environment. Know it. Live it. Learn to love it. Not family friendly at all. Bottom-line only traded company. The state of the economy plays a heavy role in decision making for how they treat employees (you are EXPENDABLE): They know there is always someone beating down the door to take your position and they are not afraid to remind you of it. QUALITY MEANS NOTHING to CareFusion ("Confusion" should be the real name).

If you have a family need for an unplanned circumstance, like surgery or sick leave, you will be told "the needs of the business" followed by some logical meandering way of telling you that you don't matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is utterly clueless to the customer experience and employees trying to 'make-do' with the ineptness of how the development of new products are going.
    Kieren, CEO, is just another figure-head waiting for a golden parachute. TSC is the #1 complaint of the customers.

CF has hired inept middle management that will finally sink the ship. It hasn't happened yet, but it will. repeatedly reminding skilled employees that we can and will be replaced says something about "CarelessFusion."

The mere fact that I'm hiding JOB TYPE/TITLE/CITY is a clue. Am pretty sure CF is monitoring this site. I'll keep the job, but at this point, it's ONLY a job. Not at all what I used to believe in.

At least it is a job that will pay your bills.

ProsThere are nice people that do work here and the company makes life saving devices. It is heartwarming to see that our devices better patients' lives.

ConsWay too political--it is all about who you know and not how well you perform that determines your career path. Company is way too top heavy, with too many people that have zero leadership abilities in management roles. The front line employees have no voice in changing or affecting any type of cultural change.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and get feedback from all your employees, especially the people that are actually doing the work, not just managers and above.

No wonder there is so much turnover....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalaries are competitive, there is an onsite cafeteria, and ample parking.

ConsChaotic with no clear direction or guidance. The company is clearly not interested in their employees. Co-workers do not treat each other with respect and there is virtually no internal customer service.

During my first week, two employees had been terminated and a third gave notice after several months of working within these poor conditions. This was within a department of seven employees. All of the knowledge for that department was walking out the door and newbies were left to figure out how to catch up and put things back on track, which did not happen even after 6 months.

Several employees pulled "all-nighters" to try to get work done for ridiculously strict deadlines. Who stays up all night unless people are dying?

Do not believe them when they tell you that things have changed with the change of management over a particular department. My co-worker had over seven supervisors in 3 years. What a waste of time and effort!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your employees and treat each other with respect. I hope this is not how you treat your customers.

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!