CareFusion Reviews

Updated October 24, 2014
2.7

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available (in 19 reviews)

• Pretty good benefits all the years that I was employed there (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service (in 16 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

CareFusion Review

Current Employee - Product/Market Senior Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Product/Market Senior Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, good people

Cons

Rigid structure, hard to make things happen, risk averse culture

Employees are being treated bad so they quit and the company can outsource

I worked at CareFusion full-time

Pros

There are no pros. the money is decent, but not great.

Cons

There is constant pressure and negative enforcement. Employees are constantly being set up for failure by changing work expectations. There are constant threats of write-ups or firing. Management "paces" the floor constantly. Management is creating a hostile working environment. the writing is on the wall: Get rid of the employees without paying severance, and then outsource to other countries.

Pointless. Management just cares about their bonus, and not if there are still employees around to manage in a few years.

There is no job security at CareFusion and little opportunity to advance.

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

CareFusion offers a lot of paid time off and 401K matching (although that has been reduced by the CEO).

Cons

Since Kieran Gallahue took over as CEO, there have been constant layoffs all over the company on a regular basis. There has never been enough people laid off at one time to make it a reportable event, however CareFusion has been increasing their stock prices by reducing labor costs and hiring cheaper labor overseas. They even outsourced part of their R&D to India. There is also little-to-no room to advance in to management without playing the corporate game. It's all about who you know and not your capabilities or performance.

Keep your experienced staff in house and put more focus on employee retention. You can offset the costs by selling more quality products.

Horrible

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nice facilities, good industry and good products

Cons

if you want to be micromanaged and treated as a number and not a human being, this is the right place for you. It's all about profit and nobody cares about the well being of the employees

Innovation, and success can only happen with good employees and if you don't treat them well all the valuable people will leave and the rest will stay

Worst place in San Diego to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The founders of the company were very people focused and the products made by this company are life saving devices the. But the new management is very profit focused not people below the C suite focused, and the typical MO is to acquire a company and then move operations to Mexico focused leaving many US employees without a job.

Cons

HR management is terrible and out of touch. Multiple departments have gone through almost 100% turnover within the past 2 years including compensation, recruiting and employee relations. If you are in HR this is the last company you want to work for.

Leadership in Human Resources is weak, open your eyes to the problems!

Upper management has no idea as to how things are being run

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hard to say pros as it is very deceiving. What sounds good up front about PTO and other benefits is hidden behind some really small print and exceptions. Everything is for CareFusion benefit and not the employee. Lay-offs are quite regular. Middle management lacks experience and professionalism.

Cons

Many Directors and Managers have been placed into their positions without the experience and training necessary; because of this, they are very suspicious of everyone working around them. They take micro-managing to a whole new level while at the same time, treat everyone in very insulting and condescending ways. The group is too tight and won't allow star performers to excel or speak with management.

After listening to upper management speeches and then speaking with the directors and managers who take it back to the employees, I have often wondered if they work at the same company. What is told and what is practiced is two totally different stories. Ethics are very questionable with regards to authorship of reports and business practices; the tight group justifies excessive traveling for their own gain (membership points).

Good idea but execution is everything

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong brands such as Alaris, Pyxix. Someone who left the company told me there was life after Carefusion; I didn't know what they meant at the time. HA- LOL, now I do and it's great.

Cons

Culture, communication. Great coworkers but management needs a leadership lesson. The best part about not working for this company anymore (well, second to the best part) is not having to hear customers refer to it as Confusion anymore.

Worked for 3 years in IT Operations.

Former Employee - SAP Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work Environment and Pay was not great but good. Overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, helpful and were good. Allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. Good business community.

Cons

No motivation whatsoever you get from Manager. Manager does not trust her team instead likes contractors. I think encouraging good work is a way to boost the employee's morale. Supportive work environment is essential for an employee to make significant contributions to the company. In my case, unfortunately, that lacked and left me no choice but to quit my job, although I loved the technical aspect of it. Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns. Huge employee turnover in this IT team compared to any other IT teams (Total 10 people left under this manager and 4 people in last four months).

Great place to work "Except" in IT Operation Team. Advice to management - stop employee turnover in this team.

OK but not great; employees treated as commodities.

I have been working at CareFusion

Pros

Decent compensation, environment, good vacation policy.

Cons

Poor management, poor career development. Recent cuts to benefits, other management moves that show employees are not valued as individuals.

Extreme poor and inexperienced middle level management.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

VP's and above management are very innovative, futuristic and willing to grow the company.

Cons

Middle layer management is very poor. They want to criticize others and point out the obstacle, rather try to solve it. They try to show off their credit by criticize junior. Stop to build more leaders to keep job security.

Managers performance should determine by taking feedback from employee, not from their weekly summery.

CareFusion Photos