CareFusion Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Work here or go back to high school - which would you choose?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company makes medical devices that save lives. The products are well-engineered and well-manufactured. Saw them in action, it was great.

Cons

Too much middle management that aren't held responsible for their poor decision-making and lack of experience managing people. The non-managers, who do ALL the work, are the last ones to get any credit. First discretionary 401k match was taken away, then employee bonus program but managers who take no responsibility still get bonuses. The "culture," as they like to call it, sounds really good from the outside but is not upheld once you start working there. Too many people stuck in the same role for years, busting their humps but never getting promoted - instead a contractor was brought in and paid way more for the same work. Pretty much zero room for advancement unless you go to another department entirely. Everything is a big secret; office doors are closed all the time and managers pretend like they don't know what's going on; they may tell a few of their 'insiders' and then those people walk around acting like they're better than everyone else because they know something you don't. Lots of cliques like a high school but the managers just say the groups are "siloed." I got so sick of hearing that word when the truth was people put themselves into those groups and refused to interact with others unless forced to.

Advice to Management

Your HR department has a lot of great individual contributors in your manager-and-higher levels, however, they have ZERO people management skills. An over 50% turnover in HR within just a few years ought to show you that. Employees are held responsible for the tiniest of errors but managers don't take responsibility for their mistakes: they just blame their subordinates for everything. Hopefully when you're taken over by BD they'll be able to get rid of the overpaid managers and VPs who do nothing but take credit for everyone else's work.

Pretty much the state of the company

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion

Pros

Great co-workers is about the only thing I can add here.

Cons

compensation, work life balanace, managers are terrible

Advice to Management

Today is my last official day with Care Fusion. The TSC department has experienced a serious decline which may or may not have been intentional as part of the merger with BD, and this has left us with a poorly staffed call-center in San Diego. We went from having a structured tiered system with front-line call-takers, sliders (agents who took calls but could also “slide” over to assist with cases), three different tiers of case workers for each product group (each tier gradually addressed more advanced issues), and a T.E.C. group who served as our product subject-matter-experts (SMEs) to transitioning into an environment where everyone works every case. Currently an agent is presented to our customers as “senior level” or as an “SME” because they have a pulse and answered the phone. We are openly lying to customers on a daily basis, and lack the appropriate tiers to properly manage our customers’ issues. A large number of our experienced extended-hours agents were let go rather than moved to days where their added numbers would have greatly improved our service levels and case resolution. The TEC group was disbanded and a portion of them – our knowledge experts – were let go. Numerous agents have left and with them goes their product knowledge which one cannot obtain by taking an e-class or sitting through a training session. It takes months – if not years – to get this kind of exposure and with every lost employee you lose productivity for your technical support call center. Despite our numerous efforts to address this with leadership, we are consistently told “If you don’t like it there is the door.” So be it – I am taking the door. I am writing this to you in hopes of seeing a change in this department. The people who work here love what they do but hate the way they are being asked to do it, and I humbly ask for you to fix the problem. We have tried to assist with suggestions on the proper method of running a technical call center and have been shut out of the process. I personally think you should bring back supervisors and draw upon your existing technical team leads to fill those positions or at the very least use people with a technical background who better understand our process. Take non-technical agents and use them as “team leads” to handle case assignments; this should never be a position set aside for a technical agent. Scale back on the top-heavy management design, and replace those responsible for getting us into this mess.

3. Own your responsibilities

I worked at CareFusion

Pros

Overall it was a good experience with different positions and responsibilities. Experience will always be challenging when an organization is being positioned for an accusation.

Cons

Internal opportunities within the organization were not something that the company was committed to providing to their employees. As in many organization it was communicated to be available but upper management did not have that alignment.

Advice to Management

Would be helpful for the upper management teams to own the hiring processes rather than letting HR control the talent review and decision process. Additionally hire more capable decision makers.

Good benefits, not so good corporate culture.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion

Pros

The benefits are good and PTO is plentiful.

Cons

Sub-standard pay, questionable leadership, and the corporate culture is not at all good.

Advice to Management

Sack the majority of the supervisors, managers, and directors. Pay your newer employees more, and fire the dinosaurs that can't hack the new products, or simply can't learn how to support different products.

Get back in the game

Former Employee - Finance Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At least at corporate, the location is prime. Most of the people are there for the right reasons. Most other "pro's" like flexibility, work/life, and culture must be tempered with, 'it depends who your boss is'.

Cons

Simply put, the density of directors and above occupying their positions for reasons primarily to do with who they know, rather than how good they are, is heavy. The culture has become, "how to acquire and maintain an office". An office becomes particularly necessary when you don't know what the heck you are doing, so at least you can keep your door closed to pretend you are occupied with things more important than improving processes and mentoring employees; not that many CFN directors/above could do it if they actually wanted to.

Advice to Management

Understand and appreciate the line level workload created by managers/directors who either don't know what they are doing, or simply aren't good managers. Stop doing more with less. That extra 2 cents/share isn't worth it.

7. CareFusion Middle Manager

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, many audits, great experience.

Cons

Uncertainty due to being acquired by BD.

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate!!!

Great if you are in the right department

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent leadership if you are in right department. Challenging if not.

Cons

Boys club above the Director positions.

Advice to Management

Look for talent within.

9. I've been working with this company for 15 years.

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities, Great Management and Great Benefits!

Cons

We all have things we can work on but the company is ever changing so there is always room for improvement.

Advice to Management

None. We're being purchased by a great healthcare company from New Jersey. So lets see what will come out of that?

Years of service and dedication mean nothing

Former Employee - Quality Technician
    Former Employee - Quality Technician

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees on the operation floor are loyal to each other. Teams work together. The benefits are good including 401K, Health Insurance, and Paid time off.

Cons

Management has no value in workers over 50. For the last 5 years older workers are targeted and forced to leave the company. Many of the employees forced out over 50 have worked with the company 10-20 years. Years of service, seniority, and knowledge mean nothing to Management. Quantity overrides quality.

Advice to Management

Managers need to stop compromising their integrity for their year end bonus. People that have been loyal for many years to the company offer both quantity and quality in the assembled products. Management should not be allowed to make promises they have no intention of keeping to anyone. Value the employees you already have.

Ready to become a part of BD

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good PTO if you earn it

Cons

Not many upper mgmt jobs in Regulatory

Advice to Management

Stop the career development BS

RSS Feed </> Embed